“relaxing”

Ranked #29 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Manchester, United Kingdom
“relaxing”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just returned from a one week stay at this lovely hotel. We went all inclusive and found it to be good value for the price paid. Every member of staff from the check in to departure were friendly and helpful. We had no problem getting a sunbed on any of the days we were there even if we went down to the pool area later in the day. We ate all our meals in the restaurant and found the food perfectly acceptable and the menus varied enough to cater for all tastes. We did not use the snack bar for meals so cannot comment on the food there. The hotel was ideally situated for the beach and the long flat promenade perfect for a walk each day. It was close to the airport but we never found plane noise too intrusive or excessive.. There were plenty of outside shops, bars etc., for those who chose the self catering option. We initially paid for the Wi-Fi for seven days but found it very poor and could not use it. The hotel accepted this and refunded us six days money which we thought was fair. The room was spacious with a large bathroom. We had a small balcony that we sat out on early evening before going for our evening meal. The entertainment team worked hard and we enjoyed a few good shows whilst we were there. We would return to this friendly hotel in the future as we had a lovely relaxing break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank lexitombom
Sollanzarote, Quality Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear lexitombom,

Thank you very much for your “relaxing” words.

I am glad we reached your expectations in all aspects and that you found a good value for the price paid. Apart from that Sol Lanzarote is as you said, a lovely and friendly hotel. Thank you so much!

We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again. A lovely relaxing break is a must nowadays.

Warm regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
corsham
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Sol Lanzarote for a week from 29/06/14, and we want to go back already. The hotel is lovely, really modern with a water feature in the middle of the foyer, and the staff were great.

We were quite skeptical about going after reading the vast mixture of reviews, but I don't know what some of these people were complaining about! As soon as we arrived, the man at Reception was friendly and helpful, and our room was ready even though it was only 10:30am. When we got to the room, it was a lovely sea view, and the room itself was huge - without a doubt the biggest hotel room I have ever stayed in. We noticed that the TV wasn't working, and within 10 minutes the handyman was there trying to fix it, and then replaced it straight away.

We got a safety deposit box for our room, and that was a bargain at only €18 for the whole week. The only downfall was that if you want wifi you have to pay for it - not a massive problem as holiday is meant to be a break from phones anyway!

We went All Inclusive, and once again after reading the reviews we weren't too sure what to expect, but the food was amazing. The value for money you receive is just ridiculous. Breakfast was either continental or a fry up, with about 10 choices of pastries to enjoy. Lunch was always full of choice, although the lunch menus were a bit more repeated than the dinner menus - which is fine because no one really fancied a huge lunch! Dinner was delicious every night - there was paella, tacos, enchiladas, spare ribs, and something fresh being cooked by the chef every day - from lamb chop to fresh fish to chicken skewers. Also, the snack bar is open from 12-5, with unlimited pizza, chips, toasties, chicken nuggets and burgers.

Drinks were also great value, all spirits were very generously poured and there were bottles of wine in ice buckets all day you could help yourself to!

The location of the hotel is great, it is about a 10 minute coach drive from the airport, and literally a 2 minute walk to the beach. It is basically on your doorstep. The beach is great, but as everyone knows Lanzarote is very windy so we found it better staying by the pool where you weren't battered by sand all day.

There are a few restaurants about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and some bars which served cocktails, but all in all the area is quite quiet. The only problem with the hotel is that if you want a quiet couples holiday, it is definitely a child friendly hotel, which might bother some people but didn't affect our holiday in any way.

We would recommend Sol Lanzarote to anyone, and would love to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RJA23_
Dear becky694,

Your opinion is very valuable for us. Thank you so much! Being one of your favorite hotels to date is a great honor.

I presume the diversity of reviews depend on individual expectations. We do our best to meet everyone´s expectations but unfortunately it is not an easy task.

I am very happy to read all your comments about us and your perception of our value for money. That is exactly what we try to achieve. Your satisfaction is the result of the hard work by the Sol Lanzarote team. Be sure I will share your review with all of them.

Thank you again for your recommendation and we would love for your return as well.

Our best regards,

Wigan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend and it was our first holiday together. It was cheap only about £340 each self catering which I thought was a very good price.
We first arrived around 12 o clock midday and the reception was full of people lining up trying to talk to people on the desk, there was only 2 people on the desk who we're trying to check us all in answer the phones do paperwork, I was stood there for literally about half an hour.
When we checked in they gave us a key and a little map on a piece of paper which was not clear at all, it took us about 25 mins to find our room. When we found our room it was on the bottom floor, I was not happy about this. The room itself was very big and had a kitchen and seating area then another room which was our bedroom and then the bathroom. Had a big plasma on the wall aswell.
That night we was lied in bed watching television and we could hear something which sounded Like a cricket or cockroach. I was Absolutely terrified. That morning we woke up and we found a cockroach dead on it's back next to the bed. We thought that will be it now until 4 days of being there more and more cockroaches were coming from somewhere and we didn't have a clue were. We ended up sleeping on the sofa bed for rest of the holiday which we did not pay money for. We told reception and they just give us a can of spray to kill the cockroaches which was not working anyway. I was so so annoyed. I would definitely not stop here again

I'm glad I went self catering because I don't think I could of lasted in that holiday all day and night. Apart from that the pools were lovely, wernt to cold they were just right. Snack bar was good apart from 1 staff on bar and people pushing in. Good entertainment. The massage centre never seemed to be opened when I went.

I would advise couples looking a nice holiday not to go here and look for somewhere else in puerto del Carmen.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear bethwhyte,

Thank you very much for writing your experience via Tripadvisor. Every comment is important for us so that we can keep improving the Sol Lanzarote experience.

My apologies for the delay during check-in. Bear in mind 12 on midday is peak time as it is the limit time for departures. I am sorry that you found the map confusing as well and it took that long to find the room. Our premises are big but we try to set directions on all important spots so that you do not get lost.
In regards to your concern in the room, please note Lanzarote is located with sub-tropical weather and even though we work with a leading pest control company within the islands, it is impossible to get rid of all of them particularly during summer season. Those are not coming from the dirt as you mentioned, but from gardens and open areas. Very common in a climate like ours. I can tell you I find them at my own home.
I am deeply sorry that this spoiled your experience in a way, even though you said as well you had a good holiday which I am glad to read. If you decide to come back you can request a top floor in advance and we will do our best to grant it for you.

On the other hand thank you for your positive comments, always welcomed as well. Note the timetable of the massage center are published at the door.

We hope you reconsider and decide to visit us again in the future.

Regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

For a first holiday away with my boyfriend it was absolutely brilliant, for the price of the accommodation we were expecting something that would commonly be seen in a house cleaning programme with minimal to no cleaning being done, and poor facilities around the hotel. But much to our amazement it was a lovely modern-style room with plenty of space and adequate facilities for our self-catering option, ample room for my boyfriend to throw all his clothes around after a long day in the sun!!

Cleaners came round every morning and did a fantastic job of keeping our apartment for the week spotless, with the towels being changed every other day.

I would definitely visit this hotel again!

Room Tip: Watch out for the pool as it is almost sub-zero temperature.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sollanzarote, Quality Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear bethany_key,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! It is great to receive honest recognition about our value for money. It is so important the expectation that you bring with you and the price is a good indicator for it.

I am very happy to know we exceeded your expectations and be sure I will pass your comments to all the staff, particularly our cleaning staff.

We really hope you have the opportunity to visit us again.

County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My self and wife travelled here in May for the first time and we were not disappointed hotel it's self was spotless and pool area was nice and relaxed and close proximity to the beach was ideal and long flat promenade was perfect to explore by bicycle , look forward to returning again next year.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Liam O,

Thank you very much for your positive review and most importantly that you enjoyed a nice and relaxed holiday at Sol Lanzarote. I agree with you on the lovely promenade right in front of us, perfectly suitable to rent a bike an enjoy a peaceful and healthy day.

We look forward on your return again next year!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have just returned from an excellent week away at the Sol Lanzarote. Reading the reviews before we went is was the usual 70/30 split on good and bad reviews so I wasn't too concerned. We arrived late on a Saturday after all the food was finished but were checked in quickly and then taken to the restaurant where they provided some late night food for us.

What followed was a week of relaxing and enjoyment with my wife, son, mum, brothers and partners. All of the staff were very friendly especially in the restaurant. We went for the all inclusive option and din't have any problems with it all week.

The food was good and I can understand why some people would get bored of it if they were there for 2 weeks. However, lots of good choice and plenty of options. If you fancied a change there are plenty of restaurants near by but we never felt the need to try them.

We asked for a sea room but didn't get one. This didn't spoil the holiday in the slightest as we spent most of the time by the pool. I'm afraid to say we did take part in the reserving sun beds culture to ensure we got a few beds together but there were always plenty of spares.

All in all I'd definitely go back again. The location is superb, set on the beach and only 10 mins from the airport. Thanks for a great holiday.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room without a sea view and it was fine. Worth the extra €40 to extend the room t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TimAndEmmaTantram
Dear TimAndEmma Tantram,

Thank YOU for your honest review and lovely experience that you shared with all of us. It is great to be able to contribute to such good feelings.

I am glad that you found all to your expectations, particularly the staff and the food. I can understand as you said that 2 weeks eating in the same place, unless is your own home, it can get boring but we put huge efforts to avoid this and keeping low rates as well. Your recognition and satisfaction is the best reward we can have!

Thank again and we hope to have the pleasure for your visit again very soon!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just back from my two week stay in this hotel. I went with my son (7) and my husband. Firstly, I will start with the good things, the hotel entertainment was brilliant for the kids, they really look after them in both the kids club and in the evening. If you are looking for entertainment and nothing else I would recommend the hotel. The majority of the staff are lovely & really helpful.

Now let me get to the cons, the food is really bad. Its cold, raw & I found paper in my meal one night. On my last day I went for lunch & was given raw turkey. Same food day in day out. The alcohol is watered down to the point where its nearly alcohol free. When they say all inclusive, its not. You pay for proper drinks, coffee, juice & ice cream. When I did question why I was being given a premixed cocktail instead of one freshly mixed I was told thats Free ( re mixed) & thats €5 (freshly made). The gym equipment was broken & fell on top of me when I was using it. The rooms are very basic, beds are very uncomfortable. There are no irons in this hotel, you need to rent from an outside company, not very 4 star!
This is NOT 4 star its a 2 star at most. Before I left I did speak to the manager but I got no where with my complaint. I could go on & on about how bad this place is but read the reviews. Falcon holidays need to really look into this hotel & mark it down from a 4 star.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsCos2013
Sollanzarote, Quality Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear MrsCos2013,

Thank you first of all for your feedback as we always try to make the best out of every comment. I am deeply sorry that we could not reach your expectations in regards to Food & Beverage. We try to offer very good value for money and this is mostly appreciated by our guests. Please note we have available our All Inclusive and the All Inclusive Gold, particularly designed to cover different needs. I can guarantee that no alcohol in the hotel is watered down, they are just local brands to make the final rate even better. For a little more, you can upgrade to A.I. Gold, and you can get imported drinks which could have been more suitable to your needs.

In regards to the food, it is hard to find raw meat but in any case, as this is made on spot in the grill show cooking, you can request the chef to cook it a little longer for you. My apologies for the inconvenience and be sure I will share all your comments with all heads of department to have them into consideration.

On the other hand I am very happy to read your feelings about our entertainment and the staff of the hotel. Thank you for your nice words towards them.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.