“Best hotel I've stayed at in Lanzarote!”

Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Ranked #29 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed for a week at the beginning of July with my boyfriend, and we absolutely loved it! I've stayed in a number of hotels in Lanzarote (its like my second home) and this was the best so far! We arrived at 10pm, just as dinner was finishing. Absolutely beautiful foyer, with a gorgeous water feature! The reception staff were absolutely lovely, friendly and helpful.They said if we went to our room and unpacked, and come back down in an hour or so they'll have a plate of food prepared for us to eat. I thought that was really good of them! So we had cold meats, some bread, salad, eggs etc. A really thoughtful and considerate gesture.

The rooms were absolutely huuuuuge! I'm not exaggerating! (We had 2521) Honestly, they are massive. The balcony alone was bigger than the bathroom I had in my last hotel at Lanzarote (Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens) and the bathroom at Sol Lanzarote was just something else, absolutely wonderful. The whole apartment was very cool and airy, clean and tidy, tastefully furnished and decorated - we had a full length mirrored wardrobe, a coffee table and two armchairs, a mini fridge (free to use, great to keep aftersun cool) and a lovely flat screen telly with a few English speaking channels like BBC World News, Pop/Tiny Pop for kids, and a horror film channel. Not that you need the TV anyway but it was still a nice touch! Our balcony overlooked the volcanos to the right, a McDonalds to the centre (hahaha) and to the left you could see the sea/beach! Lovely :) Rooms were cleaned and towels changed daily, although be careful and keep an eye on your clothes and stuff as on the last day I noticed that one of my tops and a pair of my shorts had gone walkies! Wore them on the first day, assumed they were in my wardrobe, but went to pack my case and they'd disappeared... but who knows?! There is a safe for hire, I believe its €18 for the week and you get it back at the end? We didn't actually use one, we just locked our valuables in our suitcase. Was absolutely fine :)

Check out is at 12pm, which I think is great as the hotels I've stayed at before it's been 10am!

Wifi is very expensive - €8 a day, €30 for the week... but you're not on holiday to be on your phone/tablet anyway! There are computers in the reception area, €2 for 15 minutes!!

Loads of facilities - a games area, a gym (free of charge to use), a massage centre, a bike hire shop, supermarket/shop on site, kids area indoors and outdoors, tennis courts...

There are professional photographers onsite who do photoshoots and take photos in the gardens of the hotel, didn't look into this so I'm not sure of the price but it seems like a lovely idea!

The hotel has 3 pools, 4 if you include the baby/young childrens pool. There are lots of sunbeds to go round, but they tend to be claimed with towels pretty early on, but you can still get one when you get down there, it just might not be too close to the pools. Probably a good thing as the day we did get a sunbed right next to the pool, kids were jumping in and splashing left, right and centre! The pools are lovely, one is tiled and 1.50m all over, and another is 2.60m at its deepest! Loads of entertainment and activities going on by the pool, water aerobics, water polo, slides and stuff in the middle kids pool, music and games too!

One of the best things about the hotel is its location - as well as it being near to the airport, (near but not near enough to be noisy) next to the pool area there is a door which you operate using your room key and you open it and you've got about a 10 metre walk and you're on the beach!! A few times whilst we were there the entertainment team did volleyball and football on the beach, which seemed great too! The hotels located in a lovely, quiet area of Puerto - more in the Matagorda part, took us a good 1hr 30min to walk into Puerto Del Carmen and along the strip! Taxi's aren't badly priced though, about €5,45-6 into the main town, which isn't bad! A 2-4 minute walk from the hotel is a small complex of bars, shops and restaurants though which are quite nice.

The All Inclusive at this hotel is by far the best I've experienced in Lanzarote. Breakfast was absolutely wonderful, definitely the best meal out of the 3 for me. Pancakes, croissants, churros, different pastries galore; as well as all the cooked breakfast essentials. Lots of freshly cooked bread, etc. NUTELLA!!! The chef cooks fresh fried eggs for you whilst you wait, its really good! Lunch and dinner were pretty similar, however I wasn't bored of the food by the end of the holiday! They do often have themed nights, e.g Monday is Mexico night, Wednesday was Indian night (yummy tikka masala) and Friday was Canarian night (try the canarian potatoes, they are to die for!) Yes the food there is typical of what you get at an All Inclusive, with the pasta, pizza, different meats, vegetables, chips etc but it is incredibly tasty and there is so much to choose from! The steak was divine! Pudding was great too, incredibly varied - profiteroles and chocolate tart were my favourites of the week! Another great thing about the AI is the pool bar, open 10-6 with food 12-6, it's self serve! They have a separate area for AI guests where its buffet style burgers, chips, pasta, onion rings, a toastie making station, loads of icecreams e.g. mini milks, cornettos etc. The drinks are self serve too, help yourself to wine, beer, fizzy drinks, water! I would definitely recommend going all inclusive as it is very pricey at the pool bar - €9 for a pizza!! €6 for a burger!! Well worth the extra money for the All Inclusive, you won't be let down :) The bar is open 6.30-12.30, serving drinks, cocktails etc. With AI, some of the cocktails were free, like sex on the beach and pina colada, however others you had to pay for, but at a cheaper price than the self catering guests. Wasn't too much of a problem as we didn't drink those, but its just something to be aware of!

We didn't stick around for much of the evening entertainment as we went out most evenings, but the few times we did get a glance it did look very children oriented, as well as typical holiday shows like Grease and Mamma Mia!! (gotta love it really though)

I think it is a hotel tailored to families, there were so many! I couldn't believe how many considering children haven't broken up from school in the UK yet! Although we were a couple, this didn't impact our holiday at all. But if you're looking for a child-free environment, this hotel probably isn't the one for you.

Overall, a truly fantastic hotel. I genuinely cannot think of a negative comment/con/fault! Next time the rest of the family plan on coming to stay there too! Absolutely loved my week at Sol Lanzarote, didn't want to come home. Can't wait to come back! 100% definitely worth its 4 star rating. :) Enjoy!!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, no noise at all - very peaceful nights sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Danikelly
Sollanzarote, Quality Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Danikelly,

You made my day today!. Thank you so much for all your lovely words. Honest, positive and not so positive it is a great honor to be the best hotel you have experienced in Lanzarote so far. I agree the All Inclusive is worth to pay if you do not plan to move around too often.
It is true this is a family oriented hotel and if you do not mind children, then you are most welcome.

We are already waiting for you to come back!

Our best regards,

There are newer reviews for Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

1st can't speak on food coz never are there but spoke to people who said it was good....2nd hotel was great clean staff working to keep it upto standard and they do anything for you ...3rd location was great on the beach nice 5min walk to pubs with great food and 30min stroll flat along prom to Porto del carmen which is nice ..4th from airport it's a 10min drive and taxi is €11 so I wouldn't bother with transfers and waiting..5th a great hotel and I would really recommend it s/c option coz it's cheap to eat out with scirocco and paddy bar having great food

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank fiestast

Dear fiestast,

I am very happy that you found our hotel great! Thank you for all your points.

I suggest you try next time our All Inclusive. I am sure it is even cheaper than going to restaurants during your stay, and drinks included from 08:00 to 23:30!

We hope you visit us again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Totally agree with recent reviews. We took an easy approx 5 minute taxi ride from the airport. The staff are welcoming and efficient. We opted for self catering and had a large, cool and very clean one bedroom apartment with fridge, microwave, small hob, kettle, toaster and a big flat screen TV with a few English speaking channels including BBC world news. We asked for extra pillows and this was dealt with immediately by the charming and friendly maids. For self catering, you will need to take tea towels etc...but all these are easily purchased locally.

The pool area is cleaned several times a day and there is the usual element of sunbed reserving, but there were always sunbeds available in the sun and shade and you can hire pool towels. The grounds are beautifully maintained with Hibiscus bushes, palm trees and pretty shrubs everywhere.We used the snack bar at lunchtimes on a few occasions and the food was cooked freshly to order for us and was reasonably priced too. There was a well stocked area at lunchtime in the snack bar for the all inclusive customers or they had the option of a buffet in the restaurant. The evening bar staff were very busy covering the all inclusive area as well as the paying area but we were served quickly, we thought prices were fair.

There is lots of entertainment for children, 5 to 12 years of age in the "Flintstones club", there is also Pilates, yoga and aqua arobics, not really much for teenagers, but there is tennis, bike hire and the usual pool activities and football etc...on the beach. Wi fi is an additional cost and there are several computers for customers use in the reception area. The evening entertainment seems to be mostly singing and dancing acts by the entertainment team, we watched them rehearsing and it looked pretty good fun for children.

There is a well stocked Spar only 3 minutes away and plenty of decent local restaurants to choose from where you can eat traditional local food, fish, tapas or Italian, Chinese etc.... The "Sirroco" was excellent and also does a delicious pizza to take away. The local bars and shops are a bit run down but staff are generally really friendly. You can easily get a taxi or bus into the larger town for more shops, restaurants etc...

The long beautiful beach can be accessed directly opposite the hotel. It is cleaned regularly and you can hire sunbeds and umbrellas for a few Euros.

A very comfortable hotel in a lovely area, ideal for families with easy access to everything you might want for your holiday, we enjoyed it.

Room Tip: You will have to pay extra for a pool or sea view room and this is a good option if you like to sunb...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank traveladywestsussex

Dear traveladywestsussex,

I am very happy to know you enjoyed Sol Lanzarote.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience via Tripavisor! I am sure many will find it very useful to decide coming to visit us.

We wait for your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had a week here at the beginning of July.
Hotel & the experience was excellent from check in to check out.
Room was cleaned daily, pool area was constantly being tidied & the staff were friendly, attentive & efficient.
Hope to return real soon.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank R00ster1908

Dear R00ster1908,

Thank you for your short and bright review regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind words!

It is great to know you had an excellent experience and that we made it possible for you.

We hope as well to have you back with us very soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I wanted to write a review which was based on our experiences at this hotel, we have just been here for 1 week and arrived back yesterday. When we were looking at booking a hotel trip advisor was my saviour until I saw some negative reviews about this hotel bug we had already booked based on the good reviews. When arriving at this hotel the hotel reception staff were nice and friendly but seemed busy - what you would expect from a large hotel.. We were given a great sea ire room which we paid extra for - I would highly recommend this as the room was beautiful and the other ones had no view what so ever.. The rooms were cleaned daily however if you didn't wear shoes your feet would be black!
The hotel good area- plenty of choice and loads to eat however as we weren't told when we checked in how the all inclusive worked it was some what confusing, beer and wine were self pouring and also soft drinks and food was self service, breakfasts were the best however some evening melds were also served at breakfast.. Random??
There was a snack bar at lunch time and we didn't realise until half way through our stay that you could also use the main dining hall for a meal, snack bar good wasn't great and the staff in here were quite rude if you asked for anything like bread etc if it had run out, in the snack bar you got food to make toasties , chips chips and more chips, onion rings, salad and sausage or some fish fingers - not too appetising.
The food felt a little repetitive and done people we spoke oy told us they had down graded there all inclusive to self catering due to this, our little boy ate puddings - a great choice , fruit and spaghetti most nights as he didn't like much else and the veg was frozen and a bit hard to eat at times once cooked.
The entertainment around the pool was fab and the beach was lovely literally 2 steps out of the back of the hotel and you were there, on an evening the childrens entertainment didn't come on until 8.30 and was only for half an hour, my little boy lived this but I thought it was poor being on so late for a kids disco, the room was also small hot and indoors- not great kids were running around boared as they then had to wait until 10 for any sort of show a full hour with nothing happening and to bd honest we didn't watch many as our little boy was past it and tired.. Again most people also left earlier..
We were happy at the hotel however I think there are improvements to be made, you had to pay 20 euros for a safe which you didn't get back I think this is the first place we have been where this happened..
One night I complained as they don't go kids disco every night but no one told us this, and my little boy waited up for this and instead they put football on a big screen he was really upset do we took him to thd room and to bed, I then went to use the internet at 10pm And noticed them doing a kids disco when I asked about this I was told hey ho never mind we just decided to do it, not great when your 2 year old is past himself because he didn't think it was on, it was a lovely break all in all but I don't think I would return, we went to the viva sunrise last year in Majorca and this knocked spots off this hotel, I think it's more of a 3 star.. I thought I'd give an honest review, me and my husband are both 30 and are very relaxed people who look at the good in everything, you won't have a poof holiday here but be aware of the little niggles thanks

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank york123047

Dear york123047,

Thank you very much for your review and taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am sorry that we could not made it great for you in all aspects. Please note all information about all inclusive and other services is displayed in the TV screens both in the room and the reception area. Bear in mind that it would be very difficult to provide all information during check-in as it would delay the queues at peak times. In any case we are always willing to answer any question you may have.

I would like to clarify that we never reuse food from one meal to the other. It is true that at breakfast, apart from the regular products for breakfast, we add a more consistent selection as it was requested in the past. Sometimes rice, chicken, ribs, etc.

The snacks at the pool bar are just snacks and it is not meant to cover a whole meal, even though many people use it as it might be suitable for them just to avoid going into the restaurant during lunch time. As I said, the information of the All Inclusive meals is displayed in the rooms.

I would like to apologize regarding the event of the football. As it was the world cup championship we could not avoid to reschedule all the night program so that our guests could enjoy this important event. We must always adapt to the majority of our guests and I am really sorry this was not satisfactory to you.

Thank you on the other hand for all positive comments as well. Always very useful.

We really hope you consider to visit us again in the future.

Our best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hotel nice, welcoming and friendly reception staff. Pool area clean. Bedrooms cleaned everyday. Downside was paying full adult price for son (aged 14) but he only had a camp bed to sleep on and also we didn't get a pool view which I had requested. Overall though food, hotel and location very good. First Choice rep (Janine) was very helpful, chatty and cheerful. Would return again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sollanzarote, Quality Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Nichola_H_13,

I am very happy to know you all had a great holiday. Thank you very much!

It is true children over 12 count as adults already, particularly due to the food board. Please note the sea-view rooms have a supplement so it would not be fair to provide it just with a request instead of all those guests willing to pay for it. The demand of this type of rooms is very high!. In any case it is just 12€ per night and as you can imagine it is worth to pay for.

I hope you decide to visit us again and, be sure if you book sea-view next time you won´t be disappointed.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My and my boyfriend stayed her for a week last week and found the hotel excellent.

We did bed and breakfast. The breakfast offers a lot of variety and choice, there's literally something for everyone.

The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The hotel also offered adult and child activities during the day. My boyfriend joined in with football and water volley ball and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The pool was fantastic!! The staff cleaned it at the same time every morning and the efforts the put in to doing this was massive.

The overall cleanliness was very good, we had maid service every day - with fresh towels daily.

I would return to Hotel Sol Lanzarote - we are actually looking at visiting again with our family in September / October of this year.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room - as the beach is beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Samantha-Jayne R

Dear Samantha-Jayne R,,

We are the ones pleased to receive your feedback. Thank you so much for your time and the nice words addressed to our staff. Be sure I will share it with them!

I am happy to know that you found the hotel excellent overall and that you liked the staff, the breakfast, the cleanliness, the entertainment and the pool. Mostly everything!

Thank you again and we really hope you decide to come back with your family. September/October is for me the best time of the year.

Looking forward to welcome you again and best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
#11 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero

Been to Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive? Share your experiences!