“Good Value and Location”

Apartamentos Jable Bermudas
Ranked #13 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 18 January 2012

First of all great location, down the hill to the main strip and less then 10 minutes walk to the old town.
Our apartment was spotless, with new towels and linen, coffee maker, microwave and all the usual kitchen stuff. Good size with a very sunny area to the front. The shower wasn't great and we ran out of hot water very quickly, so showering had to be done in stages.
The pool bar was very good, food is really nice and some nice changes from standard pool bar food. Also found the sun loungers were limited and the area getting sun all day was fairly small at this time of the year.
Reception really helpful and for most of our holiday we had free wi-fi available using a password we got from reception. They began to charge for this on Jan 1st.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jcs123

Reviewed 16 January 2012

First time I feel tripadvisor has let me down, how these apartments are so high in the rankings is beyond me. First the plus points, central location was great, although cardiac hill would be a struggle for a lot of people. Pool area is nice and the cafe bar is great for a snack/drink.
Now the downside, the apartment itself. We were on the groundfloor, across the road and up slightly from reception. On opening the door we were hit with an unpleasant smell, put it down to cleaning products. At first glance apartment was basic but ok. Further inspection showed dirty grout and sealent everywhere, especially round corners and bath, what looked like a blob of blood on the living room curtains, a fillthy shower curtain that looked years old and the reall unforgivable one, a dirty fridge. There was no way I would have put food in it.

A great holiday marred slightly by a poor apartment.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank RabGlasgow
Reviewed 15 January 2012

These apartments are great value for money, close to all the bars with a shop just down the road. We had a balcony which was nice so i felt ok having the door open for air. It had a basic kitchen but we ate out, the fridge is good for drinks though. The pool is nice with a good cafe/bar available We were in the block over the road from the main complex but is wasnt far and wasnt a problem. Sometimes there wasnt enough loungers so you have to get there early in peak times. Id recommend this as we had a nice time, helpful staff too.

Room Tip: Depending on what you want some rooms are near - or far from the complex so you may want to ask, al...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I read the reviews on trip adviser and before booking asked via email if I could book room 70 (due to good review on here) as I was a bit worried from a couple of reviews. The reply said yes and if there was any issue we would be given something similar - i.e. sea view on the second floor. When we got to the reception, the receptionist said we were on the ground floor in the old complex. I said there must be a mistake and she abruptly said they were full. So me and my boyfriend thought we would see if the apartment was ok.
What a disgrace - live bugs in the bedside draw, a cockroach in the bed room, dirty, stained sheets with holes in, curtains hanging off, the bath enamel had been chipped off and there was rust, dirt and mold on the side and inside the bath, dents in the wall with shoddy paint touch ups everywhere, with a dead tree in the back and metal railings with a public walkway with cheap bamboo to try and disguise the terrible view.
I burst into tears and so my partner went back to complain - the same response that they were full but added the next day we could be moved. I then went to the reception couple of hours later to rent a fan and get some sheets as the replacement sheets hadnt been sent and changed as promised and lo and behold there were 6 keys with maps on the front desk waiting for the evenings in take of guests. I was LIED TO. I had to change the sheets myself. What makes it even worse, when I went the next morning to pick up the keys for the alternative apartment, the elusive number 70 was also on the desk with a map waiting being given to someone else. I complained saying I wanted that apartment as I had specifically requested and it wasnt on - the person on the reception looked on the clipboard and I saw my email printed off on there. So it hadnt been missed. I cant believe I had to spend a night in that infested dirty place because it was easier for reception to lie to me than sort it out. I demanded a refund to which the manager said he couldnt.
The second apartment was a bit better but there were cockroaches. I should have known as there was bug spray under the sink, left by the previous guest.
Good location if you dont mind a steep cardiac hill to the strip but I seriously warn you not to let them put you in the old complex if you decide to go here. I will not return as the customer service was awful, I was lied to and the apartment was an absolute dirty disgrace. For something that bad they should have put us in another hotel and offered a refund.
I sometimes read reviews and think - they must be really picky/grumpy etc - so to prove what I am saying I took pictures.
Hope this saves a few peoples holidays.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank K8isgr8_12
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Hmm interesting one this one... First of all the location is great, really handy for the main central run of puerto del carmen. Very clean and presentable apartments, good size kitchen and living area, small bathroom and smallesh bedroom. Servce from the guys on reception was good also, very helpful. Pool bar was also good and handy, good service there too. Rooms and towels changed and cleaned was done reguarly. Bedroom backed onto a road, for those of you who have been to puerto del carmen alot the road has changed along the front to a one way system, it has been like this for a few yers now but they changed the direction of the one way set-up, thus leading to to some additional traffic using the back roads, but you get used to it.

Couple of bad points, front door was a bit dodge opening and closing we were afraid the glass would fall in on top of us each tme we went in and out, along with the window to the side of the door. Others were the same you could hear the people from either side coming and going with the doors banging and glass rattling. As with all spanish properties walls in the apartment are thin, could hear the other people either side of us, talking, moving chairs, closing doors, showers and more... I find this common with most spanish properties and would not hold that against this place. Pool wasn't the cleanest, the floor of the pool looked liked it hadn't been swept in a while, thankfully it wasn't warm enough for us to need the pool.

Nice spot as I say very handy for the strip, good apartments and kept clean. Value ways though a little bit on the rich side for what we expected.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank j11sty
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Me and my friends stayed here last summer for a week as we got it cheap online. Unfortunatly we weren't in the main complex we were across the road in an apartment block which seemed to be mostly residential?! So we had to walk across the street everytime we wanted to use the pool or facilites. However the apartment was very spacious and was cleaned regularly. The hill upto the apartments was like a cliff face! buy you walk a slightly longer way around past the spar and it wasn't as much of an incline(think god!) Apartments are centrally located about 5 mins from the shops and restaruants and were very quite as its not a massive complex so there was no trouble sleeping. The Blarney Stone up in the old town was a cracking pub that i would recommend to anyone, we spent most of out week in there and the entertainment was spot on. If your feeling lazy a taxi to the biosphera shopping centre is only €3 from the complex which is excellent value. I'd definatly reccommend this price wise just not really sure about the whole residential aspect...

Room Tip: Definiatly ask to be located in the main complex!
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jo H
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed at these apartments for 1 week on the 3rd November 2011, having previously stayed here in 2008. The medium sized complex is centrally located, just up a fairly steep hill off the seafront, which could make them unsuitable for people with walking difficulties. The apartments are well equipped with microwave, toaster, kettle, and fridge, situated in a spacious lounge/kitchen area. The bedroom has two twin beds, but there is no air conditioning. However, the apartments can be kept cool by managing the natural air circulation from front to rear. The safety deposit box is available for 3Euros/night and a 5 Euro refundable deposit

There are two separate areas of accomodation, the main area round the adequately sized pool and the second two storey area acroos the road from Reception. All apartments have a balcony or terrace, some with sea-views, but be aware that apartments 94 to 126 face directly onto the adjacent apartments and have no view whatsoever.

Towels are changed twice per week on Tuedsays and Saturdays and the apartments are cleaned everyother day.

The on-site Cafe Bar is English owned and run by a very friendle couple. Food is excellent and cheap, as is the alcoholic drinks at 2 Euros a pin of lager and 2.95 Euros for large glass of wine.

For those on Bed and Breakfast basis, the Cafe Bar does not open until 10am and food service ceases at 5pm, with the Bar closing at 7pm.

There is a wide variety of resaturants along the seafront, all at reasonable prices.

All in all a very enjoyable stay and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple