“Stephen Ackred Belinda Russell Eccles”
Review of Lanzarote Palm

Lanzarote Palm
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my misses stayed here in Dec 13, perfect for us.It is a 5min walk to the beach and shops soon got used to little hill walking back to the apts.Rooms basic but very clean,staff all friendly and the cleaners do a good job.Pool area very clean but the pool water was freezing.If you looking for a cheap clean friendly place to stay I recommend this place.We liked it so much we have just booked again for Oct this year and really looking forward to it.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stephen A
There are newer reviews for Lanzarote Palm

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went to plaza palmeras last August,well what can i say,what a nice place,i was expecting the worst judging by the reviews,and knew someone that had visited and said it was awful!Our apartment was near the bar,so lots of music and ali on his microphone,which got on my nerves after the second day,the rooms were very clean and equipped enough for basic cooking,the hill up and down to the main strip was not a issue,it was a gradual climb,the pool,i must say was fantastic for my child,could not fault it,it was clean and very well maintained.In the reception area,where the rep sits in,there are toiletries and cleaning stuff that people leave,instead of binning it,which i thought was an exellent idea,i felt better leaving what i had hardly used for someone else.we had an evening flight back,and was unable to keep our room,which was reall dissappointing,even though it wasnt cleaned or occupied while we waited to be picked up,there is a shower and luggage room,that we could use,and it was busy,but we managed thanks to some good neighbours,i would recommend this place, i never saw any insects in the room,but plenty outside the apartments,so go for a top floor.

Room Tip: Any top floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank raj j
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have just returned from a few days at the Plaza Palmeras. I stayed for 4 nights in room 78 with my husband. I requested this room by email as I have stayed in it before and it's not as tired as some of the others. We had a lovely break. Ali and Ahmed were as welcoming and entertaining as always. We had housekeeping in twice who mopped the floor, changed the towels and made the beds. The rooms here are basic and functional but not at all fancy. It's a perfect base to shower and sleep. The pool area is huge with plenty of space. Since last summer there is a new set of fabric sun loungers and around 15 new umbrellas which can be moved around. This is a huge improvement on the few fixed umbrellas that were previously all that was available for shade. Also there are now mobility scooters for hire as well as bikes. I used the wi-fi for a day and it was great. The connection was a little patchy in the apartment but on the balcony or by the pool it was perfect. I have heard that these apartments are being closed for a few months next year to be turned into a 4 star hotel. I don't know whether there is any truth to that at all. I hope it's having some work done to it as it's a great place in a fantastic location but it is in desperate need a serious facelift. Basically as tired as it is I'd still recommend the Plaza Palmeras but don't expect anything beyond cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BridgeLV
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We used this hotel as a day room for our last day of our holiday.
The room was dirty & tired and had 4 dead cockroaches sitting in the floor as soon as we walked in!!

We used the pool which was ok but the we couldn't wait to get washed and get out!!

If I'd been staying there for my holiday, I would have walked straight back to reception and checked out.

We did mention to reception about the state of the room and the cockroaches but they didn't care which I think says it all.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my dad went away for a week in february met alot of nice people at this hotel, the beds were very uncomfortable and hard, and the walls were paper thin could hear everything next door. Do not lie on the sunbeds unless you want a broken back and we were told the drinks at the bar tasted disgusting. Apart from that the hotel is at a good location just down a hill from all the pubs and restaurants. You must go for food in pinochinos the food was to die for, and visit brians brue the music was excellent. Also must see the tribute to Michael Bubble was fantastic!! x. Do not go to the Spinnaker for food as you wait about an hour for your dinner and staff are rude....

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimm C
Reviewed 25 May 2014

had a holiday here this month. the place is needing demolished. we could sit in our apartment and watch the coming and goings of our neighbour through the cracks in the ill fitting door. the place is dirty, and is is in dire need of upgrading. bed linen was changed once. all the maids do is "wash" the floors and empty bins. never saw any evidence of cleaning of bathroom. the curtains were hanging off the windows the curtains on the balcony doors were torn. bare plaster in the rooms and cracks in the balcony walls.the food in the pool bar left a lot to be desired, though it was hot. furniture in the room was filthy, and covered in sun oil stains. shower curtain was so thin i could almost see through it. i have visited this place on 3 other occasions and it was never as bad as this. the receptionist did tell us it was closing for 3 months for repairs, which are really deparatley needed. i was disappointed on this visit. on the plus side, had lots of sun beds, but only 7 parasols for the whole place....needs more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thecubsters
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We had a 4 night stay here in an apartment on 2nd floor with a balcony. The apartment was clean and nice. Cleaners came in each day. Wifi works good it was €10 for 3 days. Pool side clean and plenty of beds. Happy hour at bar. Good location a short walk to the main stretch just a little up hill on the way back. Supermarket next door was handy. We will definately be returning here soon as really enjoyed it here :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family