“Quote of the holiday.... 'I'll kill you'! 😀”
Review of Lanzarote Palm

Lanzarote Palm
“Quote of the holiday.... 'I'll kill you'! 😀”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 10 night stay here and I have got to say I loved it. After staying in mainly 3 & 4 star hotels before I was a little dubious before we got here. We were just looking for somewhere to crash. The rooms are a little dated but really clean. The maids came in 8 days out of our 10 night stay and our towels were changed at least 3 times. The staff work really hard to keep the rooms clean and the pool guy cleaned that pool like it was a piece of silver every day! Ali and Ahmed are hilarious and work really hard to keep the kids entertained even if you do get soaked in the process! Meals out are really cheap and decent. Nico's just down from the apartments is lovely, reasonable and food is amazing! We also tried don Rafael just off the main strip and again it is reasonable and a lovely setting. The same people own a few on the strip, cantina to name one. 2 course meal for 2 with 2 bottles of wine (not the house either) was 60€ at don rafael. You can get a decent breakfast for 2€ on the strip too. Best coffee has to be dosmill cafe and the worst meal we had was at Cafe Ola..... Do not go there, restaurant looks amazing and so does the food but it's tasteless! So if your looking for a decent cheap place to stay then stay here, but hurry up as rumor has it that it will be closing early 2015 to be changed into a 4star all inclusive!

Stayed July 2014
8 Thank Beena1980

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

arrived and was on 3rd room room 108 it was clean and neat nothing was dirty the beds where a little hard and could feel the springs. location great paid 2.80 euros to main strip and the supermarket is good i never used pool we always went to the beach but would 100% stay here again also lovely views from the room

Room Tip: dont stay on ground floor room as your balcony is open to everyone
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tylertiyah
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just got back from here, the complex is quite basic. It's about 10 mins from the main strip. There is a small hill, but you just take your time walking up/down. The hotel was quite basic. The rooms basic but clean. The cleaners came in three times, changed the towels once. I would advise people to take their own personal bath towels, the green towels provided by the hotel did not smell very nice. It's like they were not dried correctly after laundering, they have a damp smell. And once you had a shower, I could smell the towel on my skin, not pleasant. I checked with my neighbours, and they said the same. Happy hour at the bar is 4.00 till 6.00pm, two drinks for the price of one. The self catering kitchen is basic, there is a hob but no oven or microwave. There are basic utensils. There was plenty of hot water for showers. The apartments also provide toilet roll, so no need to buy your own.There is a small supermarket on site, but if u go further down the road there is a bigger supermarket, more choice. Plenty of shops on the strip, pretty much all the same stuff really. Quite a few bars and restaurants. You could get a full English breakfast for about 3 euro. Cheapest pint of lager we could find was 1.50euro, not too bad either. Overall it was a good holiday. Just to say that if you like a bit of rock/roll, there's a bar called The Big Easy, they have a band that play here,The Question. My husband and I spent all night here, the group were really good, played a medley of classic rock songs. We are in our forties and we felt like teenagers all over again. We had a cracking night.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Michele5138
Newcastle
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are basic but for the price we paid they were excellent, if u expect to be able to cook a full Sunday roast then don't stay here we only used the room to shower and sleep, the rooms were very clean and could not fault the pool area! The apartments are in a ideal location for the beach and the main strip taxi home only cost €3!! Can't go wrong if your on a budget! Will defiantly return!!

Stayed June 2014
10 Thank 5000128
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my misses stayed here in Dec 13, perfect for us.It is a 5min walk to the beach and shops soon got used to little hill walking back to the apts.Rooms basic but very clean,staff all friendly and the cleaners do a good job.Pool area very clean but the pool water was freezing.If you looking for a cheap clean friendly place to stay I recommend this place.We liked it so much we have just booked again for Oct this year and really looking forward to it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stephen A
kent
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went to plaza palmeras last August,well what can i say,what a nice place,i was expecting the worst judging by the reviews,and knew someone that had visited and said it was awful!Our apartment was near the bar,so lots of music and ali on his microphone,which got on my nerves after the second day,the rooms were very clean and equipped enough for basic cooking,the hill up and down to the main strip was not a issue,it was a gradual climb,the pool,i must say was fantastic for my child,could not fault it,it was clean and very well maintained.In the reception area,where the rep sits in,there are toiletries and cleaning stuff that people leave,instead of binning it,which i thought was an exellent idea,i felt better leaving what i had hardly used for someone else.we had an evening flight back,and was unable to keep our room,which was reall dissappointing,even though it wasnt cleaned or occupied while we waited to be picked up,there is a shower and luggage room,that we could use,and it was busy,but we managed thanks to some good neighbours,i would recommend this place, i never saw any insects in the room,but plenty outside the apartments,so go for a top floor.

Room Tip: Any top floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank raj j
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have just returned from a few days at the Plaza Palmeras. I stayed for 4 nights in room 78 with my husband. I requested this room by email as I have stayed in it before and it's not as tired as some of the others. We had a lovely break. Ali and Ahmed were as welcoming and entertaining as always. We had housekeeping in twice who mopped the floor, changed the towels and made the beds. The rooms here are basic and functional but not at all fancy. It's a perfect base to shower and sleep. The pool area is huge with plenty of space. Since last summer there is a new set of fabric sun loungers and around 15 new umbrellas which can be moved around. This is a huge improvement on the few fixed umbrellas that were previously all that was available for shade. Also there are now mobility scooters for hire as well as bikes. I used the wi-fi for a day and it was great. The connection was a little patchy in the apartment but on the balcony or by the pool it was perfect. I have heard that these apartments are being closed for a few months next year to be turned into a 4 star hotel. I don't know whether there is any truth to that at all. I hope it's having some work done to it as it's a great place in a fantastic location but it is in desperate need a serious facelift. Basically as tired as it is I'd still recommend the Plaza Palmeras but don't expect anything beyond cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple