Seaside Los Jameos Playa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Floresta(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Aequora Lanzarote Suites(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hipotels La Geria(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Las Cascadas(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Costa Sal Villas and Suites(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Villa Sal(Puerto Del Carmen)
View Hotel
Smartline Pocillos Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Apartamentos THe Morromar(Puerto Del Carmen)
4,054 results
All reviewspiano bartenerife blockgala nightroast meatstennis courtsroom cardevening entertainmentmeal timeskids clubbranded drinksbottle of cavafantastic hotelfamily roomjunior suitedifferent thememanagement teamsunbed situation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Just come back from a weeks chill out at the Jameos , Good location , fabulous pool & garden area , foyer/reception area grand with a traditional feel , the room 1006 had a dated feel about it and the balcony was let down by the view as there was none[a side wall of a neighbours room] and disappointingly we never utilised it . The hotel itself is well managed and maintained but could benefit from some sympathetic modernisation . We stayed all inclusive and the staff were generous and attentive throughout. A well run ship!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
6  Thank debed
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

We wish to thank you very much for publishing your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our Seaside Los Jameos Playa****.

It is nice to hear that you had overall relaxing holidays with us and our staff was able to spoil you in every sense.

We would like to inform you that the views of the rooms always depend on the room category booked by our guests. Unfortunately, all hotels have rooms with a rather limited view. We would be more than happy to give you further details on the rooms and views, if you wish.

Furthermore, we are glad to inform you that we have already updated the majority of our rooms by equipping them with new furniture and a new design. Bit by bit, all the rooms will be newly decorated and also the facilities are continuously being maintained.

Once more, we thank you for comments and hope to welcome you back on further holidays.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I were recommended this hotel by a friend and must say it lived up to everything he had told us. My only problem really was my own doing because I booked a standard room and unfortunately they do not have the best views we could see the sea from ours if I cut down a tree, and are a little smaller than others available in the hotel but ok for a week. I suggest you do your research at time of booking.
Saying that our room was an ok size with plenty storage, large bed, good size balcony tv had a few English language channels including usual news channels, sky sports , sky (children) sky movies 1.
The bathroom was large and like the bedroom spotless.
We were staying on a B&B basis and found there was plenty of choice at breakfast my only complaint would be the hot food a little colder that I would like, and a six min egg my husband got one morning was raw, but if you are willing to wait an omelette will be cooked fresh for you. We did have lunch one day €12 each, this was great value because of the extensive choice.
I would recommend you try out the sauna and steam rooms (no charge) lovely chill out zone.
There were plenty of sunbeds and one of the large pools was slightly heated.
Evening entrainment as fine but the lounge was packed each night so go early if you want to catch a show, we however went out each night and can only comment on the two shows we saw, first was flamingo rock (I think) very entertaining, and an ABBA tribute which ended with people calling for more .
Plenty of bars and restaurants near the hotel, but difficult to find one without wall to wall soccer, lovely walk and cycle ways also in the area.
Absolutely no requirement for air conditioning during week 4 – 11 March 12.
The hotel is spotless with lovely friendly, only 10 mins from the airport with efficient staff and would not hesitate recommending it to friends, will return.

Room Tip: Do your homework before booking to ensure a room with view of sea or gardens as apposed to road.
5  Thank noelleb

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experiences with us and other holiday makers.

We are very delighted to hear that you and your husband had an overall wonderful stay at our Seaside Los Jameos Playa**** and that you took the opportunity to relax for one week.

By now we have warm plates, heaters and an adequate protection from wind to make sure that the food persists warm as long as possible. Nonetheless, we are always eager to improve ourselves and will consider further methods.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back on Lanzarote and at our Seaside Los Jameos Playa****. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any information about our rooms or further details.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Just enjoyed a fantastic 4 day trip, my fourth visit and expectations were met and exceeded as usual. Customer service was excellent particularly David. The breakfast choice is still amazing and the evening buffet very good. Cleanliness and ambience of the resort are also still excellent.Nice walk along the front to Arrecife (some my prefer bikes!) Will be back again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

We wish to thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor and are pleased that you once again chose to spend your holidays with us.

Furthermore, we are delighted to hear that our gastronomy was one of your highlights during your stay with us. Please be assured that we will pass on your kind words to David, as we are confident that he will be very thankful for including him in your review.

We already look forward to welcoming you back at our Seaside Los Jameos Playa**** on further holidays and remain

with best regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Just returned today after 7 days at Los Jameos Playa. I was very surprised to read the comment by The Manager on an earlier review below, saying the air conditioning had been turned off for just one week due to colder weather at the end of February. Well, there is still no air conditioning now and we had none at all for the entire week. Like the previous guest, our ground floor room was very hot when we first arrived and we immediatedly put on the air- conditioning - but only hot air came out. We were told by Thomas - the Sub-Director that, "as most people in the hotel are over 50, they prefer heating and the air conditioning would come on when our room temperature was 28 degrees." We were astounded at this. We accepted their offer of a larger room on a higher floor as we were then able to have the balcony door open whilst sleeping. We were still warm and would definitely have preferred air conditioning. We were give 2 noisy fans - but to be honest, if we had wanted fans, we would have gone to a 3 star hotel and paid considerably less. Our contract with First Choice stated that we had air conditioning. We never, ever, book a hotel that does not have it and for that reason, we will not be going back to Los Jameos.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank susan s

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you for your review published on Tripadvisor.

We regret to hear that our decisions regarding the regulation of the air conditioning did not meet your expectations. Kindly allow us the following response with subject to the above mentioned.

As our air conditioning is centrally regulated, we have the possibility to adjust the temperature of the air conditioning according to the temperatures outside. Because of the unusually colder temperatures of 12 ºC at night during this winter and on request of the majority of our guests, it was necessary to convert the air conditioning, in the rooms, into a heater.

Nevertheless, we understand that other guests, as it was in your case, wish to have colder temperatures in their rooms and therefore we tried our utmost to respect those wishes by offering our guests fans. Another solution, of course, is to turn of the air conditioning and open the balcony door to regulate the temperatures.

Please notice that we normally never use the air conditioning as a heater, as the temperatures are very mild, also in the winter months. By now we have reached the average temperature of 20 ºC and use the air conditioning to cool the rooms as usual.

Once more, we wish to express our regrets and we sincerely apologise for any inconveniences caused.

We would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you back and wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I also have not yet travelled yet but have had practically the same situation as the lady below below. I booked a junior suite through holidaynights.com and paid for it, over the phone last night. i was then called back 2 hrs later to be told this room was not available any more, although when I booked I was told their system worked in live time. All they could do is refund my money. I was very stressed at this point as I had already booked my flights to come at the start June. i could not find another junior suite available online and so I booked a family room which was stated as being the last one left, through another website. I called the hotel reservations today and spoke to Maria, as I wanted to upgrade to a junior suite. Maria also went above the call of duty, checking my booking was confirmed and sorting out my upgrade and allocating the room/view/floor we wanted. She was very helpful and patient and spoke perfect English. This is my second dealing with reservations this week and if the holiday is anything like the service I have received through the reservations department, then I can not wait!!! Thank you

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank ace_dp2

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you for very much for sharing the experiences you made with our reservations department on Tripadvisor.

We are very delighted to hear that also Maria did a great job and clarified all the issues you had on your reservation.

Certainly, we will pass on your comments to Maria and to all her colleagues of the reservations department and are confident that your comments will be highly appreciated.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you at our Seaside Los Jameos Playa****, soon.

Should you have any further wishes prior to your arrival, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,