I've just returned from a 7-night, all-inclusive holiday to Los Jameos Playa, through Thomson/First Choice. I travelled with my my 17 year-old daughter and shared a twin room.
Overall, I can't fault the resort. The check-in was easy; a porter took our bags to a clean, modern room with a huge balcony. The room was well-equipped with air-con, a fridge (mini-bar on request but I just used it to chill water), plenty of wardrobe and drawer space, and a TV with loads of english channels (if you want to watch TV on holiday).
The pool was large and clean with plenty of sun beds. Unlike some resorts I've been to, you don't have to be up before dawn to get a sun bed. The hotel staff are actually quite hot on removing towels from unattended beds before 0900. This was a little bit annoying, as I usually went for a morning swim while the pool was quiet, and came back to find my towels moved. It wasn't a problem though, as at 0800-0900 it wasn't so busy that my bed was pinched.
The restaurant and the food were excellent. The staff are at your table almost as soon as you've sat down, and are ready to bring you a drink. Empty plates are cleared away just as quickly. All of the staff were smiling, friendly and polite.
The bars were really nice, from the piano bar in the lobby, to the pool bars. To be honest, I didn't even go to the main entertainment bar (the Belingo) although it looked ok from the outside. There were a good selection of drinks and cocktails available and, again, the service was impeccable.
I got a (free) wifi password from Reception, and that gave me access all through the hotel - in my room and by the pool. This has got to be the standard that all hotels should go for.
The only criticisms I have would probably be plus points for many people: I went in the first week of the summer holidays, as my daughter is still in 6th-form. The hotel is very child-friendly (it's just that I'm not)! There were lots of babies, toddlers and small children in the resort. The poolside area is well-suited for it, with specific baby pools and mini-clubs and the like, but there were a LOT of kids. It was only really a bit grating at mealtimes. I didn't have a meal without being quite near to a bawling baby or a stroppy toddler.
The other criticism is probably more down to my own laziness. The activities team are quite low-key. Apart from a difficult to hear tannoy (in 3 languages) I didn't really know what activities were on. I'm keen on volleyball and other beach sports (as long as the children are kept away) but I missed most of them through the week.
If you've read this far, I'll summarise: Brilliant resort, lovely climate (if a bit windy at times), great food, fantastic service - just don't go in the summer holidays if you're a grumpy old man like me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen