This hotel is pure quality and you can customise your stay to make the most of the holiday, whether a family, a couple or singles really.
On arrival the staff were so welcoming, explaining everything we needed. They had put complimentary bottles of wine in our room and gave all the children an inflatable toy for playing in the pool...both unexpected, but wonderful touches.
The food....aaah it was w o n d e r f u l. Each day was themed, but there really was something for everyone. It was so tasty and fresh and the show chefs will make anything right in front of you. We had no problems getting tables (despite it being half term) and the staff we so attentive without being in your face. They were so patient when any attempt was made to order something in Spanish too....just perfection. You could even have crepes and waffles made freshly from scratch in front of you for an afternoon snack! Tip: You can order a bottle of wine and bring it to your room for later if you want!
The room...It was very clean, excellent air conditioning and a little garden as well as a patio. It's typical of this hotel to be so thoughtful as to have blackout lining for the curtains to ensure a good nights sleep. There were even discreet recycling areas for each block, which was a great touch to be kind to the environment. The Cesar Manrique style buildings mean that they are not high rise and are respectful to the traditional Lanzarote style and fit in beautifully.
The facilities: The hotel had activities and bars for everyone's tastes. The entertainment was excellent. There was even an opportunity to feed the Koi Carp in the beautiful pond!
The pools: The pools were plentiful and perfect. Shallower ends for little ones and deeper areas for a good swim. Sunbeds were not a problem even in half term and plenty of bars to get snacks and drinks. The pools and facilities were well maintained.
The Location. You can go to the beach and swipe your room card to get back through the gate with a sluice for sandy legs nearby this entrance (they have thought of everything!). The shops sold beautiful beach dresses and you could hire a tandem (side by side so very stable) or quad bicycle and ride along the coast at a reasonable hourly rate.
The attractions. We don't like trashy tourist tat attractions so didn't go for the Rancho Texas or the waterpark, whose reviews (waterpark) on this website are not favourable.
We went to Fundacion Cesar Manrique and his studio in Haria, also Fire Mountain up the volcano in our hire car. We also visited various areas of the island and saw the amazing moving wind sculptures on roundabouts, which Cesar Manrique left as a legacy along with the proviso of embracing tourism without trashing it so there are no high rise hotels or advertising as you go round the unspoilt beauty of the volcanic island.
Don't hesitate....book this hotel and make the holiday how you want to shape it.
Lastly, thank you all the receptionists at the Los Jameos Playa, especially Simone, Jessica and Charnele in Miniclub, Nicolas Santana and all the crew like Carla in the restaurant. We had an excellent holiday as a result of your dedication and hard work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen