“First time in Lanzarote”

Seaside Los Jameos Playa
Ranked #10 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our first time in Lanzarote.
This hotel is gorgeous with:
Choices of food- could never go hungry!
2 swimming pools-beach walk in style and depth upto 1.5m deep.
Choices of drinks- we were all inclusive and had beer, shandy, chocolate milkshake, tea, coffee, fruit juices, vodka, martini and pina coldas all included.
Lovely room with large bathroom and large balcony with 2 longers, chairs and washing line. Tea and coffee facilities refilled everyday.
2 entertainment rooms- average entertainment-ABBA was the best night (Saturday nights).

I would say though as much as the gardens were lovely, perhaps have less grass and bushes and a few more sun loungers.

The staff also need to learn more English when it came to us ordering drinks, they were great when you asked for a beer, but most of the staff struggled with anything other than.

On the Tuesday at 3pm, the scuba instructor from www.bahianus.com (based at the Hotel La Geria about 100m down the road) came to the pool so you could book a lesson with him.
I booked a lesson for the Thursday, lesson was 65euros and to have underwater photos taken was an extra 20euros. The lesson was on the beach and around the rocks in Carmen about 15 minute drive away. Great lesson! Great for beginners!

Room Tip: Just to let you know that all balconies are private, you can't see your neighbours and they can...
2  Thank Ann C
B_Sekula, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Ann,

Thank you for choosing our Seaside Los Jameos Playa **** for your first visit to Lanzarote and for sharing your feedback.

We are very glad to learn that you found our hotel to be gorgeous and that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is a pleasure that your room has fully met your expectations in regards to comfort, size and privacy.

Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guest which is why we wish to assure you that we took note of your comments and will discuss possibilities to improve in these areas with the respective departments.

I fully agree that scuba diving is truly a wonderful activity to enjoy near by our hotel and I am happy you took the opportunity to experience this alternative way of discovering our island’s diversity and beauty.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back for a return visit to Lanzarote.

With kind regards,

General Manager Seaside Los Jameos Playa****

There are newer reviews for Seaside Los Jameos Playa

Reviewed 23 June 2014

we booked the seaside jameous after reading the wonderful reviews of the hotel , please bear in mind my review is my experience and everybody is different we stayed 9th June til 16th , flight was lovely but the 2 hour wait on coach was ridiculous ,when we finally got there we checked in and then waited good 15 mins for bell boy who never came eventually found out that if we leave suitcases they will be sent to room information level basically you check in and that's it you get a map and you find your way around ,hotel premises lobby area nice and refurbished ,everything neat and clean but the corridors of rooms towards the back of hotel are horrible painted white with blue doors there's mould everywhere paint cracked in many places , swimming pool and pool areas very nice and clean but very congested especially in busy times hard to get a bed as beds used to get booked at 7 am onward but last 2 days of our holidays pool man started picking up towels of beds and folding which was good. food very nice but very far apart from salad bar and long waits if your getting it cooked fresh one day hubby had to wait 45 mins in queue for a omelette which wasn't even cooked properly ,food was plenty but same every day very repetitive and not alot of variety in salads and cakes ,entertainment team never saw them once in daytime no enthusiasm, at all. was a nice holiday but not the best for us our room was a suite but lovely apart from the tv sound was so tinny couldn't understand a word. i know this sound very negative but like i said this is just our view all staff were very friendly and very rushed

Room Tip: teneriffe block is lovely for the sun
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lalta
B_Sekula, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Ialta,

Thank you for choosing our Seaside Los Jameos Playa **** and for sharing your experience with us.

It is wonderful to hear that you appreciated the general cleanliness and the friendliness of our personnel.

However we are very sorry that we were not able to entirely live up to your expectations and that you were disappointed about certain aspects.

Be assured that all your observations and comments will be discussed and used in order to improve upon.

Please accept our apologies for not having informed you about the service of our bell boy: we have already shared your comment with our reception team.

Our endeavour is to pamper our guests with a varied salad buffet (offering prepared salads as well as fresh salad ingredients guests can arrange to their taste) and a huge dessert buffet (with diverse cakes and petit-fours) and therefore we very much regret to hear, that it did not meet your expectations.

It is our aim to discreetly invite our guests to join the daily activities. Therefore our animation team does not approach guests, if they feel that they prefer their privacy. In order to inform our guests about the entertainment programme the respective time table can be found on the information board right next to reception.

For your information, our hotel has been designed and built by students of the world-famous architect César Manrique whereas the characteristic blue and white colour combinations shall reflect his respect and passion for Lanzarote’s nature and tradition. You may observe that this design is typical for houses along our island’s coastline.

Furthermore we would like to let you know that in order to keep a high level of customer satisfaction we gradually renovate all our facilities. Please understand that we carry these works out step by step; please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, we wish to thank you for your valuable feedback and send you

Kind regards from Lanzarote,

General Manager Seaside Los Jameos Playa****

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned from a very enjoyable weeks all inclusive holiday. On arrival we used a taxi from the airport costing 12 euros after an efficient check in and given our all inclusive card our cases were taken to our room. The room was of a decent size on the 3rd floor with a pool view and small balcony sufficient for our requirements, the room has air conditioning but the unit was not very efficient. The hotel is maintained to a very high standard with staff evident daily carrying out tasks. The pool area is nice with numerous sunbeds spoilt by the usual suspects who have to have the same sunbeds every day and save them from the early hours ( we had no problem getting a sunbed after 9 o'clock which is the official time beds can be reserved from).

The restaurant has seating inside and a terrace outside, as mentioned in previous reviews the restaurant can seem very chaotic however if you locate a table order your drinks its fine. We ate on an evening at 8.30 pm and never had an issue in finding a table. So you can eat together we choose our salad first returned it to the table and the went together for the hot dishes many of which are cooked to order in front of you. We have stayed in numerous all inclusive hotels and would say that the food at Seaside was of the highest quality with lots of choice. There is a different theme each night which was excellent giving you even more alternatives.

We had drinks in the piano bar on an evening accompanied by very good musicians and popped into the Bellingo for the show which again was of good quality. We found the quality of the drinks to be of a high standard and were branded eg Barcardi Gordons Martini.

The hotel is in a lovely spot adjacent to the beach surrounded by bars and restaurants and about a 30min stroll to Puerto del Carmen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank DarloBob

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you very much for this lovely review of your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that your stay has been such an enjoyable one and that you particularly liked our rooms as well as the high quality of our gastronomy.

By means of a wide choice of culinary delicacies and different theme nights, our Chefs strive to offer a variety that pampers the taste buds of each of our guests. It is wonderful to see how much you appreciated our gastronomic offerings, thank you for these praising words!

Furthermore we are happy to learn that you liked the evening shows; especially the live-music in our Piano Bar that our guests may enjoy on a daily basis now!

Hoping to have the pleasure of being your host again in the future, we wish to extend our best wishes to you.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Currently at this beautiful hotel, go home Sunday 22/06 after two glorious weeks. Food is superb -fresh & cooked perfectly. drinks are branded (there are local brands too). Mini fridge + tea/coffee making facilities in room which is big, bright & comfy. All staff are efficient, friendly, well trained & professional. Grounds are immaculate. Entertainment is good. Would come back & will recommend. negative reviewers should really be ignored ...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank cocomay

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

We truly appreciate your lovely feedback and wish to thank you for having been our guest.

We are delighted to hear that you fully enjoyed the efficient and friendly service by our team and the high quality of our cuisine. Rest assured that your compliments are a great motivation for the entire team in their effort to create lasting memories to each of our guests.

It would be a pleasure for us to be able to renew this experience and we remain, until then, with our best regards from Lanzarote.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

If I could just cut and paste the "Fowlersontour" review from 4 weeks ago, I probably would! This couple from Liverpool mirrored everything I would say about the hotel:
The staff were superb, but too, too busy to give any more than a very little attentive service. Once you eventually got somebody's attention, you were served efficiently and with a smile, but trying to get another drink.......well! You won't die of thirst, don't worry!
There is a considerable amount of time to wait as the excellent chefs cooked the fish or meats of your choice and invariably you rarely ate with your partner as you each choose your meal for the evening. Not the end of the world, but nevertheless, not ideal.
Our room we were given had absolutely NO SUN on the balcony, despite e-mails asking specifically for a room where we could sit on the balcony and read. We did give it a full day, but had to ask reception for a change, which they did no problems, except for the inconvenience of packing and unpacking again. The room we eventually got was very good: on the same level as the pool and with sun almost all day. (and we had to pay 10 euros for a sunbed for a week in our room!)
Now I'm NOT going to bang on about the sunbed situation, but it was shocking: and for that reason alone, I won't even consider going back to this hotel. However, there were other instances which may put people off and I feel it's only fair to inform "TRIPADVISOR" readers of these.
When we were there, there were a group of Irish youths (around half a dozen) ranging from about 13 to 16 I would guess. They took over the pool and screamed, shouted and generally caused a lot of disturbance for about 5 days of our holiday. They threw balls, jumped off the bridge over the pool, splashed people as they crossed the bridge (including staff), and were a source of real annoyance to all and sundry. I spoke to a lot of people who were really upset by this, but NO-ONE wanted to complain, including me. Why should we have to? I would cut back on the food budget and employ a couple of security people to enable other people to enjoy their holiday too, and PLEASE management, DON'T even go there and say there ARE people who monitor such instances, because there weren't and they didn't, unless of course they were on holiday in Ireland for a week....
What branded drinks were there? I saw Smirnoff, that was it. The whisky was shocking (Tullamore!!?) and the brandy was worse. The beer I WAS looking forward to, as I saw the name "Tropical " on the glasses, but it wasn't, It was Barilla I think. Not for me, very sharp and not nice in my opinion. The wine was very poor, although the coffee was okay.
Another really awful thing: children were fingering food and l saw one wee girl lick the spoon at the ice cream counter (for the sprinkles) and put it back: her father said "don't do that" and put the spoon back in the plate!! Great parenting! There were real health and safety issues at the food counters with children being the main culprits, but there were instances where the adults were as bad: sticking their fingers in sauces and licking them and then trying other sauces with the SAME finger!! No wonder I was taking food from the BOTTOM of the platters!
My wife found a false finger nail in her ice cream!! We DID bring this to the attention of the staff, but understandably there was nothing they could do: I accept this, but it wasn't nice; needless to say, my wife didn't have any more ice cream that week! The Director lady said she would put a wee card through our door to apologise, but she didn't! All very well saying things young lady...DO THEM......!
The entertainment room is far too small for the amount of people they cram into this hotel. There were, again, kids who were sitting beside parents at the front of the room who, when the show started, disappeared, leaving empty seats unused, while older adults and a lady in a wheelchair couldn't get near a seat for love or money! Absolutely hopeless! Oh, the Abba night was on again which was superb (apart from having to stand for an hour, and I'm not too good on my pins!). We last saw them in the fabulous Costa Calero hotel last November (now THERES a hotel, absolutely brilliant: LOTS of branded drinks AND Tropical beer AND you're served at your table instead of having to queue and fight for drinks AND loads of pools for EVERYONE! AND FREE SUNBEDS IN YOUR ALLOCATED ROOM AND A FREE PASS FOR THE SPA)
So there we are then. No doubt the management will respond in the usual dismissive manner, but hey ho, I expect that too!
So to summarise, there's too many people crammed into this hotel (and I was told it wasn't terribly busy!), the sitting for meals are awful (why not try 2 sittings???), the kids are wall to wall and sooooooo noisy, I accept small children doing this but not the older ones. Not enough staff. The drinks are not good unless you want to drink Coke all week, and the sunbed issues go on and on and on......Oh and a good number of cockroaches: put your plugs in at night people or prepare to be confronted by the aforementioned.
So I can hear the poor parenting brigade say "go to an adult only hotel"! I will, but I actually do like children; I worked with underprivileged and "damaged" children for years and they never behaved anywhere near as poorly as the disrespectful little angels in the hotel. So parents, get a grip!!
I gave this 3 stars as my wife enjoyed it much more than I did and she threatened to punch me if I gave it less! Oh, and she doesn't mind wasting money on her holidays......I do....
Playa Blanca's much nicer too......
And before I'm judged as being disrespectful; who took our hard earned cash and didn't deliver? Nuff said........

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank kannymann1
B_Sekula, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We sincerely strive to make every stay at Seaside Los Jameos Playa wonderful and we are deeply sorry that we were unable to fulfill this.

I would have liked to have had the opportunity to directly speak with you and I am truly sorry for the shortcomings you have mentioned. Be assured that I will follow up on all your comments.

It is also much to my regret, that other guest’s behavior affected your stay and opinion of our hotel.

However I would like to thank you for highlighting our superb staff and chefs.

Please be informed that the local beer Tropical, served from keg (=“Barril”), is included in our all inclusive drink list. Further branded drinks are for example Campari, Pernod, Martini, DYC, Gordons, etc.

Our category C rooms provide spacious balconies with sun beds, whereas the type B ones are not automatically equipped with sun loungers. Therefore please understand that we ask for a small supplement for this extra.

Please note that all our guests have free access to our SPA facilities and can enjoy different types of Saunas, like Finnish Sauna, Steam Sauna and Bio Sauna.

Furthermore please allow us to mention that in all our bars our guests are being served at their table.

Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and we also fumigate our facilities regularly. However it sometimes can be difficult to entirely get rid of insects in such an open building structure.

Once again we wish to thank you for assisting us to improve future guests’ experiences through your observations and would like to assure you that we are continuously taking measures to guarantee our high Seaside standard .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our first ever all inclusive holiday. The choice of food at each service was excellent, a theme every evening.
Fresh steak and fish cooked by the chefs, which were delicious.
Excellent choice of salads and desserts.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. I needed assistance due to a dental issue and the reception staff were excellent, arranging a taxi and ringing to book a dentist appointment.
It was my birthday during our stay, and the hotel gave me a bottle of bubbly and card in my room, and a decorated dining table with another bottle of bubbly for the evening meal.
Inclusive drinks were all branded/bottled (not pumps) available 11:00-23:00.
Excellent location, close to the beach and quick transfer time from the airport.

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel before arrival asking for a quiet family room with a sea view, which we did get...
1  Thank Mark G

Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing Seaside Los Jameos Playa **** and for sharing your impressions with the traveller community.

We are happy that your first stay with us has been such a pleasant one and that you enjoyed our hospitality and the efficient service of our personnel.
Our Chefs will certainly be proud to hear how much you enjoyed the variety and quality of food, including fresh fish and meat prepared à la minute.

It would be a pleasure for us to renew this experience and be your host again on a future occasion.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wow Wow Wow, this hotel ticks every single box. This was our first time going all inclusive and to be honest I don't think I could ever go anywhere else we have been spoiled. The food was amazing, a brilliant choice for every meal, with different themes every night for dinner i.e. spanish, chinese etc plus the gala night where the cakes are to die for!!!!!! Even for the children theres a never ending selection, my 7yr was kept very happy. The staff are so nice and polite and were especially good with my 1 yr old who is very lively. The drinks are fantastic, the selection is just brilliant, ice-cream available all day. We had a family room, it was spotless cleaned every day with fresh towels. The whole hotel is spotless, we never had any trouble gettting a sunbed, you can get towels for the pool at the clubhouse and get fresh ones every day.

All in all I can't say enough about this hotel. We had an absolute ball will be back next year!

5  Thank Tracy S
B_Sekula, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Tracy,

Your comment was truly pleasant for us to read and we are more than happy that your family enjoyed their vacation to the fullest!

It is a pleasure to hear that you felt spoilt by our service and gastronomic offer. Our Chefs just love to pamper our guests and will be proud to hear that you found their delicacies and particularly their desserts to be “amazing”.

We truly appreciate your praise of our friendly staff and will gladly share your encouraging words with our team. The fact that your family felt well looked after and spend a memorable holiday with us is our greatest reward.

Again, thank you for this great review and we are all looking forward to your return next year!

With sunny regards from Lanzarote,

#1 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Las Costas
Las Costas
#7 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Seaside Los Jameos Playa? Share your experiences!