We travelled to Lanzarote for the first time in July 2014 and stayed in the Jameos Playa because the trip advisor reviews were so good so we hoped for a good holiday. Firstly, the hotel did deliver a very good standard. Checking in was very slick and the reception staff were never short of excellent throughout the stay. We have taken a C category room which was a large double with an extra full-size single for our son which it took comfortably. The C cat rooms are more expensive than standard As or Bs and have large balconies with 2 nice sun loungers and the usual table and chairs. There was a washing line too - but packs pegs: IT IS WINDY! The balcony sun beds were a huge bonus as we found in a hotel of over 5 hundred rooms, it proved VERY difficult to find sun beds together in the grounds - or even a single one here or there - during the day. Most guests are out very early to claim theirs and we never saw any staff removing towels. My advice would definitely be choose a C category room as some balconies were very small with poor views.
The bathroom was fine and the rooms were very clean indeed. The hotel is low rise - I think 4 floors only - but spread over a large site and rather than carpeted corridors, the hallways are tiled which could prove quite noisy as kids and high heels clinked along late at night. Our beds were very firm and we asked for extra pillows - which were delivered within ten minutes.
There are a few little shops within the buildings and the dining area spreads outside too so you can eat alfresco if that appeals to you. The buffet restaurant has starters and puds inside and the cooking of all the mains outside - my husband in particular found the quality of the various steaks and meats very good. The hotel grounds are very attractive and there's a gym and various other "wellbeing" areas we didn't visit. There are two pools outside - a heated and unheated but in truth the "heated" really was so cold there were days we couldn't face it. That was a disappointment. There's a small spa store close by and about 10-15 cafes/small shops at the hotel but (and here's the killer) despite being fit folk who love to walk on holiday we found that Puerto del Carmen was really too far away to make it feasible to walk into at night. We measured it in the car and it was a 10km round trip and although flat, that's a long long walk in the heat.
To be honest, we didn't really like Puerto del Carmen anyway - it caters for british (which we are!) - like a huge proportion of people there - mainly irish or british - but it's all cheap bars and low end cafes with the same cheap souvenir shops again and again. I would never go back. We hired a car and toured the island but compared to Tenerife, it's very bleak indeed. Calero was a lovely little harbour - very small but very pretty indeed and the submarine trip is based there which we all enjoyed. We did the famous architect's house/museum which was very enjoyable and interesting - but the second of his houses - the one in Haria closes at 14.30 so be warned!
In short - fab hotel but, for us, Lanzarote was a fairly dull place to visit and the weather was a bit grim at times - very windy and a good few very overcast days. You should know this if you are considering it; hotel-wise though, I'd recommend this place if you don't mind very cold pools - it's well run, clean and attractive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen