“Gorgeous Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Durham
“Gorgeous Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed middle July 2014 and booked through Thomson's. Could not fault any of the holiday. We arrived around 10pm on Thursday 17th from Newcastle and were welcomed at reception with Cava and Orange juice for my 7 year old Daughter. Check in was easy and my Daughter was given an inflatable blue sea horse which she was very happy with. A Porter took our cases and showed us to our room which was on the ground floor at the back of the Hotel. Very clean with a lovely patio to sit out on.

We had missed our Tea with arriving late but the restaurant left us salad plates with various bread/buns and fruit for our supper which was a nice touch.

The pool area was spotless and my Daughter would have happily been in the pools all day every day if we had let her.

The Restaurant had lots to choose from Breakfast- I enjoyed the Omlettes that were made to order and the range of hot items ;- sausage, bacon etc.

Lunch and Dinner there was always steak/fish cooked to order and a good range of meats carved for you. The cakes were amazing.

The all inclusive drinks menu was also brilliant- Larger, Liquers, Cocktails (alcoholic and non alcoholic), there was a cheaper version of Baileys which was really nice, fizzy pop which came in the small glass bottles and water, Tea, Coffees my favourite was a Cold milk chocolate with icecream and spray cream this was delicious.

You can also get waffles and crepes by the bar between 3-5 everyday which is a great idea. You can help yourself to icecream during the day too.

An added bonus is that the hotel has a free self service laundrette (with free wash liquid) which I used so brought no dirty washing home with me.

We had a day at the Rancho Texas Park which I can highly recommend only a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

The beach near the hotel is a dark sand beach, we did walk around to Areceife one day along past the Airport which was a nice walk and there is a white sand beach there and some nice shops/restaurants.

I would defo return to this Hotel !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JulzNPete
B_Sekula, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We were thrilled that you find our hotel a gorgeous one. What a pleasure to read about your satisfaction in regards to the quality and choice of our cuisine and that you and your family enjoyed our spotless pools.

We are also glad that you found our self service laundrette very useful before your departure.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back at Seaside Los Jameos Playa ****.

With our best wishes,

Beate Reber-Sekula
General Manager Seaside Los Jameos Playa ****

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Polish first
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We (my partner and our 2 children) have just returned from a week all-inclusive stay at the Hotel Jameos Playa.
This review will echo most of the positive reviews already on this site.....I did read a few negative reviews before we went away but I suppose everyone is allowed to form their own options, even if they are wrong :)
So....the hotel is immaculate (thanks again for the free room upgrade :)), the pool area is great for kids and the food....well what can I say?? Let’s put it this way, I'm now on a serious diet, the food was fantastic, by far the best all inclusive food I've ever had (far better than the 5* hotels that I've stayed in!)

I did hear a few people complaining about the sunbed situation (and I think a few reviews on the site mention it) but is really simple.....like all hotels, at busy times of the year there is only going to the limited number of beds by the pool.
You will need to get up and be at poolside before 7:30am to secure a bed if you want to be right next to the pool....if you don’t mind being on the second row or further back then have a lie-in!!
There are always beds free just maybe not where you'd like....this is not the hotels fault!!

Tips:
If you want a bed by the pool, get up early
There is no need to pay premium prices at the on-site shop, there are lots of shops/supermarkets/chemist just 3 minute walk away
If you go to the water park (as we did), reception will give you the bus times and they will even do you a packed lunch
Try to avoid busy eating times (if you want a table outside without any long queues), we found eating before 8pm was perfect - I didn't note the ladies name how organises the tables in the evening but she was excellent!!!

I can't fault this hotel, this location or the staff....everything about the Hotel Jameos Playa is brilliant!!

1 Thank JohnJo G
Dear John ,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Seaside Los Jameos Playa **** and for taking the time to review your recent stay.

We are glad to hear that you spent a fantastic family holiday on and that you particularly appreciated our high quality gastronomy, the pools and the attentive services provided by our great team.

We would also like to thank you for your valuable tips about less frequented hours in our restaurants and for mentioning that there are always free sun beds available.

Your kind word about the good job of our management team are highly appreciated and will be shared.

Once again, thank you for your friendly and helpful review and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived on the 12th August as a family with an 11 and a 5 year old.
We were greeted at reception and offered Cava etc whilst the porter arrived to take our cases to our room.
This was probably necessary as the rooms are quite a maze if you walk through the hotel to find them but easily located if you walk through the outside grounds to your rooms.

I had emailed the hotel in advance asking for a sea view if possible and they replied they would do the best they could, we wasn't disappointed, our room had a wonderful sea view and double balconys where you could lay on your sunbed or chairs and relax whilst watching the world go by, it was wonderful for a relaxing drink before bedtime too. (room 3144)
The room was nice and we felt we would have a great holiday straight away.

A lot has been said on here about sunbeds,there was a lot available but they used to get full up.
I got into the habit of getting up at 8 am to relax on and hold our chosen sunbeds with my wife and children joining me at about 9.30.
The only drawback is that we had to have split breakfast so one of us ate whilst the other reserved our beds, not ideal but not the end of the world either.

The pool and grounds of the hotel are lovely and very well maintained at all times made up of mainly cacti and palm trees.
There are 3 pools, one for children, one big family pool and one quieter one which was a few degrees colder then the others.

The food was very hard to fault with so much choice, theme nights , carvery section , Steaks cooked to your liking dinner or lunch and breakfast was also a feast, deserts were lovely but a bit similar every night.
There really is something for everyone at all times.
Sometimes you had to search around for a table but if you had a word with the attending staff they would always find you one.

The all inclusive drinks menu was very big with a lot of well known brands, beer was ok and served in a large glass, there were some drinks that were not in the all inclusive package so check on the bar menu before ordering .

I had a small problems with my travel company arranging my return transfers and printing my return boarding passes, a quick word with reception and they instantly printed them and sorted them out for me , nothing was too much trouble.

Entertainment was basic but enjoyable (This is Lanzarote not Vegas )and the residential team were excellent especially Daria.
The Kids club was very good where they did a good variety of things, my 5 year old loved it.

All in all a great holiday and next time we choose to return to the Canaries The Seaside Los Jameos Playa will be the first place we look.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank andrewevans
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

It is a pleasure to learn that our hotel has to met all of your expectations. We are glad that we were able to fulfil your room request and that you enjoyed the nice sea view from your balcony.

Since we place great emphasis on offering an outstanding culinary experience to our guests, it gives us pleasure to hear that you appreciated the high quality of our gastronomy.

Thank you also for your special praise about our excellent residential team; in particular Daria. Be assured that your kind words will be shared.

In the past we received many complaints about the reservation of sunbeds and therefore tightened our non-reservation policy. We decided to entirely remove towels from sun beds that have not been used for a whole hour and wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Once again we wish to thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I went here last year on our honeymoon, we wanted somewhere really good and Los Jameos Playa came highly recommended.

On arrival we were met with a champagne reception and so check in went smoothly, there were quite a lot of people checking in but the paperwork got done pretty quickly. The scene as you arrive is this big, open, airy reception with very impressive large wooden beams in a Spanish style I think.

The staff are all very friendly and smiley with excellent English. We got to our room and it was a ground floor room, it was perfectly but we wanted something a little more private as people kept walking past the window and we didn't want to have to keep the curtains closed all the time for some privacy. We got talking to one of the ladies in reception and she took us off to see a few other rooms, we saw three (they're all exactly the same) and took one on the first floor which had a sea view and a larger balcony than the ground floor rooms.

The room was good, bathroom was good but we had to order up tea/coffee making and sun loungers, there was an extra charge for these things but it wasn't much and made a difference.

The mattresses on the beds weren't to my liking and I found it difficult to sleep on them all night long but my wife had no problem. I didn't escalate to management because I spent that much time lazing about during the day it made no difference.

The food is super, a different menu each day of the week, lots of salads, meats (cooked/cold) deserts, you couldn't be hungry after leaving the restaurant. I liked the setting also, the restaurant had a nice relaxed feel about it and when the sun went down it was lovely. Breakfast came with all the usual options, we stayed half board and that was plenty.

My wife spoke with a lady one even (who turned out to be the manager) and asked if they did anything special for honeymooners, so she set us up with one of the team who organised a a special dinner the following day and we were treated like superstars, they also setup our room for some romance while we were eating :)

There are a couple of bars in the hotel, a piano bar, a pool bar and a bar beside the restaurant, all good fun.

There was a lot of entertainment in the hotel, kids discos and theme nights, bingo, there's a gym, an arcade, a massage place, a nudist section, tennis courts, big chess and draughts, table tennis, you name it and they have it, they even had fireworks and a carnival parade one night! One of the shops on the premises will order any news paper you want and have it for you each day, very handy.

The pools are good, two big pools for adults and kids, a small paddling pool for small children. There's plenty of space to lie sunbathing and it's close to the bars and restaurant.

Right outside the complex there is the beach and it's a lovely beach, we were there in October and the water was lovely and warm (by Irish standards) so swimming as often as possible, there were some rocks to one side of the beach but it was mostly sandy. I can't remember what it cost to rent a sun lounger for the day but it wasn't expensive. There are also lots of shops surrounding the hotel selling the usual cack (haggle with all cack sellers!), there are some bars and restaurants as well, we had lunch in one of them one day but the quality in the hotel was much better, stick with the hotel I say,

There are other hotels nearby in both directions, it's a nice walk up to them to look around and see somewhere different.

It's about 2 or 3 miles from the town centre and it's a pleasant walk in or out, if you don't want to walk or the heat of the sun is too much then get the bus, it's cheap and the bus stop is right outside the hotel. As usual any activities you want to do while in Lanzarote, the hotel will have all the info and flyers and be able to advise what's good and what's just ok. We went to the local water park (against advise) and regretted it, it was a dump and we should've went to the new one that was about 90 minutes away.

This is an excellent hotel and I'd go back here in a heartbeat, and if you're thinking of it, then do it!

Room Tip: Pick a room above ground level with a sea view, less footfall walking past your window and more priv...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rokan72
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to hear that we were able to make you feel like “superstars” during your honeymoon at our hotel. It is a pleasure to learn that you and your wife were taken good care of throughout your stay and appreciated the nice welcome, the good food, the pools and the entertainment.

We understand that a good night’s sleep is always very important and therefore regret that you have not informed us that the mattress wasn’t to your liking; we would have gladly provided a soft pad for the mattress.

It was a great pleasure to have you amongst our guests and I hope that we will be granted the opportunity to welcome you back for another perfect sunshine getaway.

Warmest regards,

Beate Reber-Sekula
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just returned from a week staying here and I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

The pools are great for kids (and bigger kids) and the entertainment provided throughout the day for all ages was excellent. Big thanks to Lubo for organising football, volleyball etc.

The food was excellent and varied. You could spend a month there and not have the same meal twice. Loved the option to have meat / fish cooked for you. Themed foods (eg french / spanish / italian etc) were also available each day and I have never seen such a well stocked salad / cold buffet selection.

The rooms were spacious and clean and extra pillows were provided if requested.

Evening entertainment - kids disco till around 9pm, then some shows -eg dance, magician etc.
All quite a decent standard and worth watching.

The location of this hotel is great. On the beach (if u should leave the complex); only 10 minutes from airport and only 25 mins walk to Puerto del Carmen.

Finally - sunbeds. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Simple - you cannot reserve before 9 30 so don't try - your towels will be folded. Why dont all hotels do this?
After 9 30 - if you are away for an hour , you are left a note and when they come back if you haven't returned your towels are folded away. All very reasonable.

At the height of the season, we didn't have a problem getting a sunbed at 10 30am.
No beds are more than a 30 seconds from the pool either.

All in all, a great place and I'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: Room on the 4th floor give good sea view.
2 Thank Kevin M
Dear Kevin,

On behalf of the Seaside Los Jameos Playa**** team, I would like to thank you for your kind review.

We are very happy to read that everything lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the good food, the evening entertainment and the nice pool area.

Thank you also for recognizing our efforts to refrain guests from reserving sun beds and the special praise about the good job Lubo has done.

Once again, I would like to thank you for recommending us and we are looking forward to welcoming again in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

this hotel in my opinion is 5 star! Me my mum and dad got back on the 11th after staying here for a week all inclusive. our flight there was delayed two hours so we got there at 12 o clock on the 3rd august. There were bottles of cava in ice in reception we didn't get offered any as it was just us arriving from the coach transfer but I'm sure if we asked they would of been fine. Reception staff friendly. As we arrived extremely late we had missed evening meal but in the restaurant there were covered metal dishes with bananas and kiwis and cold meats and cheeses which was a nice warm welcome. Our room was meant to be a twin room but we were upgraded to junior suite as my dad had asked for a second floor room as trip advisor had said they were better. Our room was located in la Palma as the hotel had canary islands as the different areas of where rooms were located. The room was immaculate with a double bed and a single for me. There was also a sofa and two chairs and a separate bathroom and toilet. the wardrobes were massive ! the first day we had planned to go to the beach expecting there to be no loungers but after breakfast we had a wander round and found lots of loungers. And we discovered that the pool attendants removed any towels from loungers that weren't sat on before half past ten but from then onwards if they had been on for more than an hour they were folded on the loungers if after half an hour they were still folded and had no-one lying on them they were put on the tables next to loungers. An efficient service! However on a couple of occasions the attendants lifted towels when people had only been gone 20 minutes. The pool was great and on Thursdays they hire a company who brings an inflatable waterslide and water zorbing in like a torpedo tube sadly they were leaving when I got there so I got 8 go's on the waterslide but they were packing away the zorbing. Minigolf was really fun and there was also giant chess table tennis and archery. The food choice was absolutely amazing! Every night there was a theme while we were there they included balkans asian italian spanish swiss mexican and on the sunday our all inclusive ended at 5. Also there were Fresh fish and steaks every night and 5 roasts everyday. There was chicken every night and 4 others including:
Every cut of pork including gammon
Veal
turkey
lamb
duck and
rabbit
This hotel is amazing the location is great and the beach is a soft white sandy beach unlike the volcanic beaches further into Puerto del Carmen. The walk to arrecife is beautiful and the coach/taxi transfer is only 10 minutes we were the first drop off on the coach! Also on the floor above the traditional canarian reception there is a mini museum on old fashioned canarian clothes. On this floor on both side wings there are also books and magazines in drawers and shelves! The entertainment was much better than any other all inclusive with an il divo tribute act and a drifters tribute act and my favourite was a night time parade on the Thursday when at 9:30 the acts had a marching band outside! Every Tuesday and Friday there is a man doing caricatures but I'm not sure how much they were. Gift shop in hotel was a little pricey but nice gifts but the shop downstairs was really expensive! The entertainment system and themed food nights were on a fortnightly timetable. NOTE: on a night you could hear the entertainment on a night.

5***** WORTHY!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor in la Palma
2 Thank Caitlin L
Dear Caitlin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this detailed feedback.

It is a pleasure to hear that you were fully satisfied during your recent at the Seaside Los Jameos Playa****.

We really appreciate you recognizing our efforts in regards to the standard of the food, entertainment and the changed sunbed policy during high-season.

Your praise is a huge motivation for the entire team!

Once again, we appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you and your family back in a not too distant future.

Best regards,

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here in August 2014 it was a great holiday. The rooms were clean and a decent size. The buffet was nice but can be repetitive however they had a different theme in the evening and food did differ then. The mini club for children was awesome Jess is amazing. The activities were varied and were totally fun. Great entertainment for children throughout the day. The location was great not to far from the airport, shops surround the hotel and the beach is a 2min walk. Would definitely recommend this hotel, first class service for the reception staff. Would consider returning as it was one of the best hotels we have stayed in.

Room Tip: The reception block would be ideal as the pool, restaurant and entertainment is all near by.
1 Thank Manisha P
Dear Manisha,

On behalf of the team of the Seaside Los Jameos Playa**** hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us.

We are very pleased to hear that our staff and facilities have lived up to your expectations and that it has been a great holiday. With pleasure we will forward your special praise to Jess.

Thank you very much for recommending us, and we hope to see you again soon.

With kind regards,

Costa Sal Villas and Suites
Costa Sal Villas and Suites
#3 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,980 reviews

Been to Seaside Los Jameos Playa? Share your experiences!