Well how can I begin to describe this beautiful hotel? We were greeted on our arrival with a friendly welcome and then champagne and orange (for our 10 year old son). Our cases were brought to our room by the friendly porter and our first impressions were of a beautiful clean and well presented room, lovely décor, nice light wood furniture. We were only staying in a standard room which we thought was beautiful, so heaven knows what a suite would be like. The whole complex is very clean and well presented, the gardens are lush, the pool with the koi carp and the turtles are lovely. I couldn't believe it that we never saw or were troubled with fly's or mosquito's, which we have come to think as synonymous with the canaries, but no, I never saw one insect! The whole complex is so clean and well maintained, and the staff work sooo hard! The pool areas are lovely, and the pool water is kept immaculate. I've read the comments on the 'old chestnut' of the sun lounger saga, which I must admit has happened at all the hotels we've ever stayed in. However, it was not a problem for us, we're not the selfish types who try to get a bed for every member of the family, I mean what's the point of saving a bed for your kid who wants to spend their time either in the pool or out of the sun altogether doing the organised activities? Anyway, enough of that cos at the end of the day when you witness the comedy seen at 8 am of the 'Sunbed Siege' you have to laugh! And the best of it was on Sunday when half the guests had reserved a bed then gone off to Market day only to find a nice sticker on their bed with all the belongings in reception. I nearly wet myself when I seen the faces of those returning from their day out only to find no bed and no towel either! I wish they could be fined instead!!
The food at this hotel is second to none. It was absolutely outstanding! So much choice and so well prepared and served hot and fresh by proper chefs. The staff who serve are extremely friendly and go out of their way to please. The drinks are all named (both alcoholic and soft drinks) and the ambience at the bar areas and in the restaurant is wonderful. After a few days the staff just bring you a drink without you even asking, I was well impressed.
We will definitely be returning here, all the guests I spoke to were 'Returners', one family was on their 11th return trip. The All Inclusive is a must, I think if we would have had the same food and drinks on a self catering basis we would have needed at least £150 a day!
What a wondrous place, only negative is I've gained at least half a stone in one week, I don't know what I'd do if we had 2 weeks there. This is definitely one of the best hotels in the Canaries without a doubt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen