“Lanzarote Luxury and lots of it!”

Seaside Los Jameos Playa
Ranked #9 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Well how can I begin to describe this beautiful hotel? We were greeted on our arrival with a friendly welcome and then champagne and orange (for our 10 year old son). Our cases were brought to our room by the friendly porter and our first impressions were of a beautiful clean and well presented room, lovely décor, nice light wood furniture. We were only staying in a standard room which we thought was beautiful, so heaven knows what a suite would be like. The whole complex is very clean and well presented, the gardens are lush, the pool with the koi carp and the turtles are lovely. I couldn't believe it that we never saw or were troubled with fly's or mosquito's, which we have come to think as synonymous with the canaries, but no, I never saw one insect! The whole complex is so clean and well maintained, and the staff work sooo hard! The pool areas are lovely, and the pool water is kept immaculate. I've read the comments on the 'old chestnut' of the sun lounger saga, which I must admit has happened at all the hotels we've ever stayed in. However, it was not a problem for us, we're not the selfish types who try to get a bed for every member of the family, I mean what's the point of saving a bed for your kid who wants to spend their time either in the pool or out of the sun altogether doing the organised activities? Anyway, enough of that cos at the end of the day when you witness the comedy seen at 8 am of the 'Sunbed Siege' you have to laugh! And the best of it was on Sunday when half the guests had reserved a bed then gone off to Market day only to find a nice sticker on their bed with all the belongings in reception. I nearly wet myself when I seen the faces of those returning from their day out only to find no bed and no towel either! I wish they could be fined instead!!
The food at this hotel is second to none. It was absolutely outstanding! So much choice and so well prepared and served hot and fresh by proper chefs. The staff who serve are extremely friendly and go out of their way to please. The drinks are all named (both alcoholic and soft drinks) and the ambience at the bar areas and in the restaurant is wonderful. After a few days the staff just bring you a drink without you even asking, I was well impressed.
We will definitely be returning here, all the guests I spoke to were 'Returners', one family was on their 11th return trip. The All Inclusive is a must, I think if we would have had the same food and drinks on a self catering basis we would have needed at least £150 a day!
What a wondrous place, only negative is I've gained at least half a stone in one week, I don't know what I'd do if we had 2 weeks there. This is definitely one of the best hotels in the Canaries without a doubt!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank TraceyJ17
Write a ReviewReviews (3,987)

Reviewed 7 August 2010

I was sceptical about going to the los jameos playa after reading a couple of reviews about the sunbed issue,
We stayed from the 30/7/10 till 6/8/10 and never failed to get 5 sunbeds in a line with two parasols.
As the room containing the cushions doesn’t open till 8am it is impossible for anyone to reserve a sunbed earlier than that with out it being obvious, it seemed simple to me if at 11am the sun beds still don’t have cushions on then no ones used them so move the towels,, although I must say we never found this necessary.

We always holiday in the Canaries and always 4 star with a known hotelier such as princess , Riu or R2 this was our first time on lanzarote, I found the towns a little ‘tacky’ compared to the south of Fuerteventura but much nicer than gran canaria There’s alot to look at if you like junky shops and lots of bargains to be had, the area of shops around the hotel are clean and have a friendly atmosphere.
The hotel its self is the best ive visited service with a smile every time!
Food was out this world huge choice with a different theme every night.
Drinks were superior nearly all branded and cocktails made fresh,
Proper coke was a god send !
Rooms clean and good maid service.
If i had one gripe it would be no Ai wrist bands for adults remembering the card when I went to the bar was a pain,
We came home to look to book again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank gunfield
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I just returned from Los Jameos Playa and I must say I loved it so much, I want to reserve for next year. I must agree with other posters, there can be alot of people reserving sunbeds for hours on end and not using them until they return from trips to playa blanca etc. I was extremely annoyed that people reserve sunbeds with umbrellas and never use the umbrellas for the whole day!!I am fair skinned and because other would "just like the option" of having the umbrella, others and myself have to get burnt to a crisp. So after the second day I started removing towels myself and sure enough I wasn't hassled until the evening when the "owners" returned and they had no case by then.

The food is excellent! I had so much choice; it took me ages to decide. The ring doughnuts are to die for!!! I wouldn't agree with a previous poster who said there was alot of drunken people around due to the all inclusive deal. I was there at peak season and never once seen a drunken group of people/ person. People were tipsy but it didn't ruin the atmosphere for others or myself.

Also the room was lovely despite the claim to the contrary by others. Very clean and big. You could get your room cleaned every day if you wanted to and have your towels changed every day also.

However, Puerto del Carmen and the surrounding area has become very very quiet since I was last there 4 years ago. I got quite a shock, to be honest, but for relaxation and excellent service, I would recommend this place to families and couples.

Also, if you are going to go on a trip around the island, book with lastminute excursions. I found them to be very reasonable in price and extremely nice and friendly tour guides.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank msE1
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel from 18th July onwards. Had no problem at reception, porter brought our bags to room while we went down for dinner. We were all inclusive. Room was nice enough, wet room was nice and big. Cleaned every day so no complaints there. Food was best I've had in years. Liked that they did a "Themed" night every night, so you could try other foods as well as having your usual foods. Sun Loungers - now that was a problem, on the first day we left down our towels on the way to breakfast, we usually, but noticed most of the beds were taken up. This happened for the week and yes some people were getting up at 6 to reserve sun lounger, but saying that we had no problem getting sun loungers when we wanted them. Even though the hotel was full, we found the pool never full and it always seemed quite, no loud children screaming in pool or around it. Night time enteratinment was ok not great. But overall we found the hotel lovely and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank little_miss_mise
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I would definately recommend this hotel to people however don't go in peak time. The people which were staying at this hotel were up at 6am to reserve sunbeds it was a complete joke. My parents had stayed there in April and said that sunbeds were not an issue then as the hotel was not full. I blame the sunbed situation on the management. It clearly states in the hotel rules that the pool does not open until 8am, so why are they allowed to resrve sunbeds at 6am? You are also only allowed to leave your sunbed for one hour, but people were reserving them at 6am and then not using them until 11am or in some cases would go on an excursion and return at 5pm!!! they would then expect to have the sunbeds back - never quite been anywhere like it!! It really does let the hotel down big style. We even noticed people reserving in the sun and in the shade!! full of tanorexics!!

My only other criticism of the hotel would be the fact that the bedrooms could do with a refurbish they are very clean, but also extremely dated. Also the courtesy room they give you there is not cleaned in between so peoples wet towels are left etc - organised chaos.

On a positive note the area does have tacky shops but what do you expect - Louis Vuitton - its not the South of France, its Lanzarote and I do like Lanzarote it does what it says on the tin, its cheap and you get the sun, without all the skyscrappers.

The food in this hotel is probably the best we have ever had, and the all inclusive option is a much, however where it was peak time you sometimes gave up queuing for meat or fish to be cooked.

I will definately return to Lanzarote but would stay in Playa Blanca we didnt realise how lovely it was there, however if the price was right I would return to this hotel but definately not in peak season.

Make sure you do the trip to Fuerteventura but if by cataraman its not a 40 minute crossing but 1hour and 20 minutes which is extremely rough, try and take the Fred Alsten ferry from Playa Blanca instead much quicker and calmer. Fuerteventura is absolutely amazing and I will definately be holidaying there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I have just returned from the Seaside Los Jameos and must say it was an excellent hotel. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by Lianne, who unfortunately had to inform us that the company we booked with, had gone into liquidation. We were probably one of the lucky ones, as we we had just found out that morning what had happened and had time to arrange with our Visa company the funds to pay again when we arrived. With that all sorted we were shown to our room, which as a family of an eight and sixteen year old found the room to be very sufficient (family room). Both our children found all the activities at the hotel excellent and the staff who ran the animation, especially Simon, were truly genuine in their interest in the children. The entertainment was very good but most importantly I have to mention the food, as we were all inclusive I would just like to say I would truly recommend it, there is everything you could possibly want, also very healthy options. The rooms were very clean and towels were changed every day as well as the room been cleaned everyday. This year we only booked 12 nights, but I have already enquired about booking a week in October as I will definitely like to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This hotel is excellent. The room was spotless. Maid service was daily. The food choice was great and very enjoyable. The kids club was great and our children loved it. It was even open in the evening sometimes. There is a kids pool and two other large pools. The beach is just across the road. The evening entertainment was above average. I would thoroughly recommend this for a family holiday

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
#1 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero

Been to Seaside Los Jameos Playa? Share your experiences!