After booking this holiday I was horrified to read the review regarding break ins, however after emailing Geraldine the Manager who gave us re assurance and a room close to reception I felt more at ease. When we arrived at the complex we were very pleasanlty surpised. For what you pay for this apartment it is real value for money. It was spotless and gave us every thing we needed, kettle, toaster, microwave, towels(which we wer'nt expecting), and spare bedding. The maids come in every other day, clean, make the beds and change the towels(bearing in mind this is self catering!) Even the covers on the sofa and chairs are removable/washable. We had a balcony complete with table and chairs over looking the pool.There are no shortage of sun loungers and again the pools are very clean.There is a pool cafe/bar and entertainment on Mon, Wed & Fri evenings. There is also a supermarket on site for all your requirements.
The locks on the door take a little getting used to, but basically they are just upside down to normal double glazed doors.
We had a small problem with our fridge, but after reporting it on Thurs evening, by Fri lunch time we had a brand new one
All of the staff are hard working, polite and friendly.
If you want value for money, cleanliness and a central location for Puerto del Carmen then this complex ticks all the boxes.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen