Just got back from my annual Easter weeks holiday in PDC this time staying in the Bitacora Lanzarote Club.
There is a myriad of similar standard and priced accommodation in PDC so our choice to stay in the Bitacora was quite a difficult one. In the end it was really more down reviews than anything.
The complex itself sits a few streets behind the main front strip and maybe a bit too far back for some as there is a slight hill to climb. This was no problem for us however and we enjoyed the quiet location. It is situated closer to the port end of the resort however once you have made your way to the front going left or right there are plenty of bars and shops to go at (right is to the port). Try to avoid going past the Atlantico Centre especially at night as its tout hell and they don’t take no for an answer….
In the complex itself the reception area is small but adequate and there is a supermarket attached, although not the cheapest but convenient. The bar area is also quite small and while we were there was never open after 9.00pm.
The pool isn't the best in PDC but OK and there are plenty of sun loungers to lay and soak up the Canarias sunshine.
Our room was what you would expect, basic but comfortable. The kitchen was adequately equipped with microwave, toaster, kettle and plenty of crockery and cutlery, which makes a change. Beds were comfortable and the settee bed in the main apartment I'm told was adequate. Shower was great and provided hot water for as long as required.
The rooms are built around the pool so the majority have balconies or terraces facing inwards. We were firstly given a ground floor with a terrace but I asked to swap for a balcony and this was no problem. It does however, state in the literature in the apartment that room change requests are possible but at a charge of 20 euros. My advice therefore is if you require an upstairs room with a balcony, to ask for it whilst checking in.
We hired a car for the week and parking was no problem as there are spaces just around the corner from the Reception Area.
All in all the Bitacora Lanzarote Club is a good, basic but comfortable complex, slightly away from the main strip. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and as always in PDC and would have no hesitation on returning.
There is however, (as I mentioned earlier) so much more accommodation to sample in PDC, it will probably somewhere else next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen