Firstly I want to say this was a very nice hotel. Having read some reviews on here before we arrived, I don't understand how some people can make the negative comments.
We arrived around 11:30pm to a closed reception. Although there is a note in a small window box on the wall next to the door, it is not really clear how to access the hotel at night. Because I had read the reviews I knew to go via the supermarket to check in. However, I found the lady quite rude. Simply checked our name off and told us our room. Being a fairly long day and very warm at 11:30pm, I asked if I could purchase a bottle of water for me and my 5 year old son. I was simply told no, and the door closed in my face.
The room was very clean, plates, cups, counters etc were all fine. Very nice for what we paid and no issues with it whatsoever.
Again after reading the reviews I knew what to expect in the morning for attending the pool. I was up and managed to get a sunbed and sat down to begin my day of sunbathing with my wee boy getting ready to jump in the pool. I realised that 5 minutes after opening the pool area, all sunbeds were gone but I could see about 4 bodies including myself and son. By 11am half the sunbeds were still unused which I think is a bit off. Also, there are about 55-60 round the pool and I think another 12-15 could be easily accomodated.
I read some reviews about staff being unfriendly and can say we had no issues at all. Staff were very kind and helpful.
The Hill of Death was nowhere near as bad as I expected. Yes it is a bit steep but depending on which route you take to the main strip, it is easily managable. My 60 year old mother managed it at least once a day when we went out for dinner.
My main issue with the accomodation is that once reception closes at 9-10pm, there is no one to police the grounds. One night after the Drag Show, the large spanish family's children decided it would be fun to mess about in the pool around 11pm. Incredibly loud and shouting and screaming till after midnight. Not great, and simply with someone on duty at night this could have been avoided. However, this was one main blemish on an otherwise very good stay.
Would visit again in the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen