“Very good with a few small issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bitacora Club

Bitacora Club
Ranked #27 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very good with a few small issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Firstly I want to say this was a very nice hotel. Having read some reviews on here before we arrived, I don't understand how some people can make the negative comments.

We arrived around 11:30pm to a closed reception. Although there is a note in a small window box on the wall next to the door, it is not really clear how to access the hotel at night. Because I had read the reviews I knew to go via the supermarket to check in. However, I found the lady quite rude. Simply checked our name off and told us our room. Being a fairly long day and very warm at 11:30pm, I asked if I could purchase a bottle of water for me and my 5 year old son. I was simply told no, and the door closed in my face.

The room was very clean, plates, cups, counters etc were all fine. Very nice for what we paid and no issues with it whatsoever.

Again after reading the reviews I knew what to expect in the morning for attending the pool. I was up and managed to get a sunbed and sat down to begin my day of sunbathing with my wee boy getting ready to jump in the pool. I realised that 5 minutes after opening the pool area, all sunbeds were gone but I could see about 4 bodies including myself and son. By 11am half the sunbeds were still unused which I think is a bit off. Also, there are about 55-60 round the pool and I think another 12-15 could be easily accomodated.

I read some reviews about staff being unfriendly and can say we had no issues at all. Staff were very kind and helpful.

The Hill of Death was nowhere near as bad as I expected. Yes it is a bit steep but depending on which route you take to the main strip, it is easily managable. My 60 year old mother managed it at least once a day when we went out for dinner.

My main issue with the accomodation is that once reception closes at 9-10pm, there is no one to police the grounds. One night after the Drag Show, the large spanish family's children decided it would be fun to mess about in the pool around 11pm. Incredibly loud and shouting and screaming till after midnight. Not great, and simply with someone on duty at night this could have been avoided. However, this was one main blemish on an otherwise very good stay.

Would visit again in the future

Room Tip: The smaller rooms to the left of the complex do look small and I could see a few arrivals not impres...
5 Thank C0linP29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Kirkby in Ashfield, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just arrived home from Bitacora having stayed 2 weeks here. This complex has potential for being a great find in Puerto del Carmen, far enough away from the main road but close enough to walk into. Reasonably clean, friendly staff. However, majority of guests were Spanish and forgot to pack their manners. The group just got bigger and bigger every day and they occupied a large area of the very small pool area, night times they were incredibly loud, 20 people in one apartment! This group always managed to get sunbeds as hotel staff always shouted them over to get their beds before any other guests were allowed onto the pool area, I did complain and this was stopped, as was the noise after complaining. Another Spanish family decided to remove our towels from our beds after we went for lunch, I had only just got onto the balcony, 10 minutes at most away from the beds to watch them throwing our towels off the beds, needless to say an argument took place, we did get our beds back...but really....is this a holiday?

The beds on the pool area was beyond belief, no queuing system, retired people running and jumping up on the fencing to throw towels overs, regardless of the guests who had stood waiting for 40 minutes. Hotel desperately needs more sun beds.

A family thought it was lovely for other holiday makers to listen to their very loud inappropriate music.

I would not go back to this complex because a two star rating obviously attracts 2 star guests, only booked it on tripadvisor comments and quite frankly the attractive price tag - but one day into the holiday I understood why it was an attractive price. Having been to Lanzarote three times previously, this was the only time I was glad to be going home.

Room Tip: avoid the hotel
9 Thank Melanie T
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Returned home on Sunday 17th after a fabulous holiday. Chose Bitacora from the website as it wasn't a vast complex so we were pleased with the smaller site. Had a ground floor room which was rather tucked away but in the plus side it was quiet away from the pool area. Our accommodation had everything we needed but we spent very little time on the complex, choosing to go out every day and eat meals along The Strip. Didn't get involved in the sun loungers farce every day as we swam at 9 or 6 and did our sunbathing at the beach. The manager, Rodri, was a star and recommended some lovely places to visit on the motor scooter we hired for two days. All in all a very pleasant stay with no undue noise during the night and an enjoyable walk up the hill at least once a day. A great holiday and accommodation. Would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: Upper level with balconies looked good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Essexgirl554
Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The Bitacora is lovely friendly and clean the rooms are basic but everything you need in them the only problem I had was the block I was in was facing the main road now when I got the key I thought lovely pool side! but when I went in the patio was at the other side and as I was ground floor I was nervous about keeping the doors open so we put the chars out the front door to sit out on.we found so many short cuts down to the shops it only took a few minutes to get to the beach and pubs. We would definitely book again and recommend the Bitacora

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank 423catherine
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Where to start. Just got back yesterday and didn't want to leave. From the moment we arrived Rodrige on reception was a star and nothing was too much trouble. The apartments were good in size with everything you needed - kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge/freezer and we had pre-booked air con which was icy cold (just what was needed after the burning heat in the afternoon/ evening). The Bitacora pool bar was fantastic - Jen, Dave, Daisy, Jack and Sarah were the perfect hosts and treated us like family. Had brilliant nights in there both the BBQ and drag nights were bargain nights (10 euro for adults and 5 euro for kids). The pool was heated which was great for our little one as she played in it nearly 8 hours a day and didn't want to go anywhere else. Met some fantastic people. The comedy of running for sun beds in a morning made us giggle but you need to be ready and waiting for 9am if you want one because they all go in seconds. However if the towels have been there for an hour without been used the staff are more than happy to move them for you to use. 10 mins walk to beach, strip and old town and a 15 min walk back up the hill (which burns the calories off) or 3 euro in a taxi back if the feet are tired. Brilliant holiday and can't wait to go back.....is it too early to book return flights seen as though we only got back last night ;-) Fab fab fab thank you Bitacora for the best holiday ever!

Room Tip: Pool view for air con apartments
8 Thank missyjo2309
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We were there the end of July for one week. Check in was quick, I asked for a room with air conditioning and away from the pool bar, I got room as requested. The room was spacious and clean. Two beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the kitchen. Kitchen was well equipped. The pool area was lovely. The pool was deep but had a large ledge to sit on or lean against. The pool bar had nice food at reasonable prices. The location was good, the hill up to the apartments never bothered us, we would walk or get a taxi back from the main strip. There is also a handy little supermarket right next door to the apartments. We really enjoyed our stay. My only pet peeve would be the race for the sun loungers, the picture I put up shows all the loungers reserved at 9 am and nobody out in them. At the same time we only had one day where we didn't have a lounger. The supermarket down the way rents them, which I only found out o. the last day and would have done this if I'd have known.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank carryonhols
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place is a lovely place to stay. First of all every member of staff is friendly and will do anything to help the customers. The complex is lovely. Has a lovely pool and bar with Supermarket.

The rooms were nice but do need to be updated and are in need of repair. The beds were also a bit hard. However this is just a small gripe.

All in all the staff of the Bitacora gave us all their full attention and deserve huge praise.

One thing to look out for is Sunbeds, There is a frenzy every morning with people battling for sun loungers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple