“Defo worth a visit ”

Cinco Plazas
Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home after a week here..
We booked through Thompson after reading reviews on here and got a fantastic self catering deal - and all I can say is for the price it exceeded my expectations - all areas very clean, rooms tidied regular and towels changed.

The staff are brilliant - all speak English and can't do enough for you.

We upgraded whilst there to half board which I would recommend they do an offer where one child eats free and you get either 4 days for price of 3 (we choose this) or 7 days for price of 6 - breakfast is spot on and evening buffet is varied each evening. Whilst there they did BBQ night & steak night!
Food menu in the day isn't huge but more then adequate for a snack at very good prices! Selected Drinks are 2euros each for most of the day.
Wifi 18euros for week but the signal can go off when in apartments - we sat on balcony to get signal.

Loads and loads of places to eat out - highly recommend nicos which is just down the hill on way to the strip/beach

Only downside would be the temperature of the pool although once in you do get used to it BUT it takes a while to actually get in lol

Over all I would come back again great location - fab staff and lovely atmosphere :-)))))

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Jacey2002
Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our second visit to these apartments, I emailed them before I went stating which apartment we were in the first time, although we were in a 2 bed apt this time they did their very best to accommodate us (apt was just behind) which was great. Travelled with two children 3 & 1, kids club was excellent and the kids reps were great even at the kids disco in the evening which our 3 year old loved.Food and drink within the complex were good. a large beer was the same price as down the main strip. We ate the buffet a couple of times and this was excellent. These apartments are very clean, plenty sunbeds. I have already recommended these apartments to others. We met several families who have returned year after year as they are so good.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom - 3220, 2 bedroom - 1224 these rooms are upstairs good if you have young ones as they cann...
4  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My son and I recently stayed here for 1 week in May. The bus ride from the airport was only about 15 minutes including other Hotel drop offs. Check in was fast and easy, I payed the €18 for the WI-FI but bear in mind it only works in reception or around the pools and not in the rooms. We had a 1 bedroom apartment at the Montana pool, the room was really clean and bright. The kitchen area has a microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker and two cooking rings, pots, pans and plates, cutlery etc also provided. The beds were really comfy and although there is no air conditioning in the room there is a stand up fan. The television was a flat screen and had English speaking channels like Sky News, Sky Sports and Cbs Reality and True Movies. The pool areas were really clean and had lifeguards present from 10am-6pm, the pool was freezing but once you braved it for a minute it wasn't so bad, plenty of sunbeds available, if you leave towels down and go away the lifeguard takes them off and stacks the beds back up. On site shop is a little more expensive than the Super Dino shop next door! you can get everything you need in there! they do lovely hot baguettes. The on site restaurant is ok for snacks, and they have evening entertainment but I can't comment is I never attended any. They also have a kids club on during the day. Overall we had a fabulous week and would consider returning.

8  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Above all, the location is probably the best attribute of Cinco Plaza. My girlfriend and I stayed here wanting a local place close by to the beach, bars and restaurants - we got just that. We didn't have to pay any taxi fares or found it a choir to venture out. The hotel is positioned on a hill and as most reviews may say, it is steep but nothing which should put you off, family's with prams managed the walk.

Immediately adjacent to the Hotel is Hyper Dino, a cheap supermarket where you can find all the food and essentials. There are shops on the beach front which sell alcohol for less than 80cent a bottle. The area has good offers and is very affordable. £300 - £350 covered everything for excursions, nice fancy restaurants and crazy nights out.

The service at the Hotel was great. I asked for a thinner pillow because the one I had was giving me neck ache. Less than an hour later the pillow was replaced. The staff also helped arranged for Taxis to the Lanzarote Park. Overall I felt their service was to a good standard and they speak fluent English. They provide you with a Safe, this is 20 euros with a 5 euro deposit.

There is Wifi though we used the restaurant and bars for free access.

Most importantly - The Cinco Plaza benefits from on site Thompson Reps. There are 7 that visit the hotel with 3 that are available everyday. This is extremely helpful as other hotels in my past experience have none and visit for one hour, usually. The Thompson reps run a kids club, which seemed to be a winner. The kids played sports in the large pool and did face paintings etc..

The pools were nice and warm (we went during May 2014). There are three pools. We stayed round the larger pool located outside the restaurant because it had chart music on the speakers. Whilst relaxing by the pool, the staff come round with complementary melons and fruit - a nice touch.

The meals are a good size and the quality is adequate. We had burger and chips on a number of occasions and we enjoyed it. The prices don't break the bank either.

In summary, I would certainly return back to Cinco Plaza. I booked through Holiday hypermarket and found a very good deal.

Room Tip: It's worth noting that the concrete construction and the ceramic tiled floors of the apartments...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dean M
Reviewed 31 May 2014

we stayed here for one week in may self catering, unfortunately tripadvisor doesn't give a rating choice between average & very good. We got this holiday for a very reasonable price and the Cinco Plaza were much better than I expected for the price we paid. This was a good self catering choice, the apartments were clean and well equipped for myself, wife and two toddlers. It was clean and tidy when we arrived and right by one of the pools. The apartments are aimed at families so had a good atmosphere during the day and not noisy at night. I cant comment on the food as we didn't use the restaurant so cant comment on the quality of the food but on looking on the posted menu in the lobby in the evening in my opinion it did look a little restricted but saying that I didn't hear any other guests complain. The complex is on hill so getting back from the main strip could be a bit of a challenge for those with walking difficulties or after to many drinks but if you are in no rush to get back don't let this put you off. There is a good supermarket next door and a couple of nice restaurants within 50 yards of the complex and if you fancy a takeaway there is a great Chinese at the bottom of the hill. Only two small complaints re the room the shower head in the bathroom was crap even given the water situation & there was no bed linen for the pullout beds this was ok for us as our kids are still small enough to share with us but if you had older kids or wanted a bit of grown up time this wasn't ideal. Apart from that this was a good value stay and if we go back to Lanzerote we would certainly choose these apartments again.

3  Thank mark a
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just arrived home from at week's stay at Cinco Plaza and would absolutely recommend it. 15 minutes transfer from airport, so a big advantage as we were travelling with our 2 children. Upon arrival ,our apartment in the Montana area was spotless and very welcoming, we were provided with a bottle of water, washing up liquid and toilet rolls. The apartment included fridge , toaster, coffee maker and microwave (didn't use as we ate out) and plenty of fluffy towels. The flat screen tv had a few English channels including sky sports 1, sky news and a kids channel. The apartment was spacious and was cleaned every other day and towels changed. We had a ground floor apartment by the quieter pool which was ideal as we had access to the apartment whilst being around the pool. The pool area was spotless and was continually cleaned throughout the day, the lifeguards are helpful and friendly. The pool itself was great, if a little on the cold side. Can't comment on the food as we ate out every night, places we would recommend to eat are
Nico's
Spinnakers
American Indian cafe

Overall, we had a great holiday and are already planning our next Cinco plaza holiday.

Room Tip: Ground floor apartments poolside are ideal for families
5  Thank Samantha H
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We can't praise the hotel and staff enough, we have no complaints at all, we didn't have much of a holiday due to my husband being admitted to hospital and taking bad myself, the hotel looked after me while I was left on my own for a week making sure I stayed in the same room and asking me if everything was ok with myself and my husband every day I returned from the hospital, the hotel is in a great spot if you want the beach and shops as it's just down the bank, there is a supermarket within the hotel or one just a mins walk outside to the left, ask at reception if you need a taxi they ring for you and it's there straight away, sadly we never got to use any of the hotel facility's never even put our toes in the pool lol, but we never heard anyone complain, THANKS TO ALL CINCO PLAZAS STAFF, GOD BLESS YOU ALL:0)

Room Tip: Our room was 3214 looking over the pool area, there are 3 different pools but never got the chance t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple