Cinco Plazas
Seaside Los Jameos Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$205
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Floresta(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$93
  • Pool
Apartamentos Fariones(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$142
US$133
  • Breakfast included
VIK Hotel San Antonio(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$182
US$168
  • Breakfast included
Morana Apartments(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$63
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hipotels La Geria(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$122
US$101
  • Pool
Las Costas(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$185
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Panorama(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$77
  • Restaurant
Suite Hotel Fariones Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$185
US$180
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$242
Elvoline
1,710 results
All reviewslife guardsmain poolself cateringkids clubthe main stripthomson repsspinnaker barthese apartmentssplash poollarge supermarketbed apartmentgreat holidayair consunbed situationbars and restaurantsfamily holidayslight hill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This isn't a review... But hoping someone can help me..
We are visiting in September and wondering if cinco plaza offers wifi and if so is the signal strength any good..?

Looking to be able to keep the kids entertained on there tablets of an evening

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Natalie C
CincoPlazas, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Cinco Plazas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Natalie C,

thanks for choosing Cinco Plazas for your holidays.

We do offer Wifi in the hotel for an extra charge. The signal is received in the whole complex, as there are several antennas. About the speed you have to know that it is no high speed internet, as this is still not possible on the whole island.

For any queries you can contact me straight via email: vivien.koark@nordotel.com.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in August had two apartments ground floor near the pool. Friendly staff clean hotel and grounds.

Sun beads get grabbed when they are unchained at 9am ish (sometimes a little before) but people tend to towel areas before hand or reserve the fixed parasols from as early as 7 am. It's worth noting if you leave your sunbed for more than 40 minutes towels are removed and beds made available for anyone to take.

Pools usually open just after the sun beads and are clean and well looked after.
The staff try hard to entertain children around the pool with polo and water football and water aerobics.

The local supermarket round the corner opens at 8.30am and sells fresh bread and is very reasonably priced. The shop within the hotel itself I'd not aswell stocked but does have fresh cooked pastries and is open before 8.30am.

On the whole a nice place to stay that's 5 minutes walk from the main strip and from the beach.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at Cinco for a week in August as was a complete dream. The apartments are plain and simple and appropriate for the price. We stayed in apartment 1225 which is an upstairs 2 bedroom apartment on Plaza Amarillo, which is the quietest of the 3 Plazas. As others have said on TA, the apartments are very spacious and I can confirm that they definitely have no air-con, which is not great in August temperatures.

Rooms were cleaned and beds made regularly and we had 3 towel-changes in a week, so no complains there.

We didn't use the kids club so can't comment, nor did we eat breakfast or dinner. Drinks prices are comparable to what you would expect inside a hotel/complex at €3.90 for a large beer, €1.80 for an Americano etc. but out on the strip, beer is far cheaper, coffee about the same. Day time prices for beer on the strip are amazing at €1 for a small beer and €1.50 for a large, but this goes up to a higher price after about 5/6pm.

We didn't buy any of the trips through Thompson as I had researched and found that trips are far cheaper booked through a company called lastminute-transfers dot com. You can book through their website before you travel and you don't have to pay until you get on the coach, which is excellent. They also have 2 or 3 bright orange-coloured store-fronts if you turn left at the bottom of the hill.

My kids (16 & 13) are out-going types so hooked up with about 25 others and spent the whole holiday enjoying the pool and beach and trips down to the strip in the early evening for smoothies, fro-yo or ice-cream.

As other have commented Cinco Plazas and PDC, as a whole is very popular with Dubliners as there are plenty of Aer Fungus flights; every 2nd bar is Irish, so go and enjoy the Craic, whichever nationality you are, as those guys know how to have a good time.

Okay so the sun-bed thing - every other reviewer has made the same or similar comment - people go down early and put towels on sun-beds. It's a fact, here, there and everywhere else, so you either join in, ignore it or moan about it, it's up to you. We accept it as an everyday, every-place phenomenon and enjoy our holiday despite it. At Cinco the life-guards have a rule whereby if you put a towel on a sun-bed then disappear, they will leave it for a while then put a 'ticket' on the sun-bed saying that if you're not back within 45mins they will remove the towel to free up the sun-bed. And guess what, that's exactly what happens. The towels are removed and placed on the towel-rail and the sun-bed is then freed up for someone else to use. Good on them.

If we ever come back to Lanzarote on a package-holiday, we'll, without hesitation, stay at Cinco Plazas for sure.

Room Tip: Room tip: the back bedroom (facing north towards Arrecife) gets a good breeze with the window open which reaches into the sitting room area. Room tip: The odd-number apartments have a bedroom with a window facing South so this is the hottest room in the apartment so my cast-iron recommendation if you are wanting a quiet 2 bedroom, 1st floor apartment on Plaza Amarillo, with cooler bedrooms, I would advise emailing Cinco before you go and request an even-numbered apartment e.g. 1214, 1216, 1218, 1220, 1222, 1224, 1226 (see my picture of Cinco Plazas layout). The Cinco reception staff will respond to your email and they honoured our apartment request. Top marks.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank oOmk_grahamOo

Dear Graham M,

thank your for taking the time to send your review of your stay.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your holidays in our complex and the surrounding areas.

The whole Cinco Plazas team hope to welcome you back soon. For anything you need, please do not hesitate to contact me (vivien.koark@nordotel.com).

Assistant Manger

Reviewed 15 August 2014

A friend and I booked a fairly last minute weeks stay at cinco plazas based on the handy flight times from Edinburgh and perhaps in part thompsons reputation. We had a single bedroom apartment and stayed on a half board bases. The room met all our requirements.

The pools were clean and the life guarding team brilliant. The smaller pools were better from our point of view as they were a bit less noisy. Friendly atmosphere around the pool too, most people were more than happy to chat.

The food in the evenings wasn't brilliant but the half board deal was cost efficient enough that we didn't feel obligated or that we were waisting money if we went out because we didn't fancy what was for dinner. The biggest problem we had was getting up before 10am for breakfast - the local nightlife had a lot to answer for.

Overall, I wouldn't be put off going as a group of friends or a couple with no kids. Cinco plazas provided a safe, clean, well located base for partying the night away. And you always had the reassurance that the reps were on hand should anything go wrong ! I have to say on the subject of reps I have never received a postcard asking about my trip to a zoo before - nice touch ? I guess if made you feel included.

Excursions booked through Thompson were a bit disappointing. Especially the volcano one. Perhaps they are more tailored towards families ?

On the whole a brilliant week in the sun !

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Fishtrav
Reviewed 15 August 2014

When deciding on my holiday I looked long and hard and thought I had made the right choice but I was so WRONG !!!. Arrived at about 7pm and first impressions were good....I was travelling with my son 23 and My daughter aged 7. My decision to choose this hotel was the pools as my daughter loves water.....I travel each year and thought I would give Lanzarote a go. Attended the welcome meeting the next day at 11am and booked two trips out. When we returned to the apartment and the pool area I was shocked to note that there was no space left and it was full. The third day I got up early at 8.30 to find that people put towels on the floor to reserve space (and it was full again )around the pool (although the rep Johnathon told me that reserving space with towels is not allowed.) but it still happened each morning....The fourth day I set my alarm to follow what everyone else did and reserve space using my towels so I was up at 8 am only to find that all the space was gone so spent the day sitting on a hot wall in the very hot sun just so my daughter could enjoy her holiday...Therefore the following day I set my alarm for 6.30 and got to place my towels on the floor and reserve space on the fool around the pool the sunbeds are locked up and are not unlocked until 9am I placed my towels on the sunbeds at 9 and went to the shop to collect food for breakfast came back cooked breakfast cleared up only to find my towels had been removed as I had been longer than the 40 minutes allowed. Within the seven days at this hotel only one day could be spent around the pool. It was a joke and when I complained I was told there was no issue with the sunbeds or pool.....On a positive note Lanzarote was nice and the hotel was nice too, rooms could have been cleaner as we found mould in our bedroom and it had to be cleaned the sink it the kitchen failed twice and flooded but the staff at the hotel were nice and helpful. The food at the hotel was excellent and the submarine trip was amazing as was Lanzarote uncovered I would highly recommend these trips....Whilst working six days a week I dont expect to have to get up at 6 am each morning whilst on holiday just to sit by the pool. I dont usually complain but feel so strongly......

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
19  Thank susan f

Dear susan f,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your holiday in our complex.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at Cinco Plazas did not lived up to your expectations.

July and August are most busiest months of the whole year, where we accommodate a lot of customers. So, to ensure that everybody has the chance for a sunbed they are chained up during the night and to give us the possibility to clean the pool areas. We do ask all our customers not to reserve any sunbed neither with towels on sunbeds nor on the floor before unchaining them. It's a pity that it nevertheless happens and because of this not everybody can enjoy the pools.

I apologize again, and I want to thank you for the many positive comments you did about the complex.

We look forward to welcoming you back, should you return to Puerto del Carmen.

Don't hesitate to contact with me if I can help you somehow (vivien.koark@nordotel.com).

Assistant Manager