As we always seem to be busy with our business concerns, we decided that we would take a much needed winter break in the sunshine. By the time we decided to take a holiday, there was very little time to research so we took one of the first places we found. This was a decision that could have back fired on us, but I am very pleased to say that we really enjoyed our time at the Flora.
We have three young children; six, four and two. We asked for a two bedroom apartment, for obvious reasons, which meant we were on the opposite of the road from the main complex. I read in previous reviews that the apartments located near the main complex suffered with the noise from the entertainment. Obviously, I can't comment on this as it was quite peaceful where we stayed so what I will say is, if you can, go for the two bedroom apartments to have peace and quiet.
The apartment was more than we were expecting; basic but clean and spacious for 5 of us. Although we were staying on an all inclusive basis, it was an added benefit to have a small kitchenette and dining area. It was nice to relax in the apartment and have the ability to make a cup of tea for example.
On site, there was enough for us to do. As we have three young children, we didn't really experience the entertainment so I have nothing to share for that. The kids didn't really want to go to the kids club either, so again, no comments there. As there were not many kids staying whilst we were there, the kids club seemed to be empty and not appealing to our kids. Perhaps it would have been different if there were more kids to play with; who knows?
We really enjoyed the benefit of the all inclusive package. It was bliss not to have to cook for a week. I did read comments that the food was not brilliant, but in all honesty, it was perfectly fine for us; no complaints in that department! I guess it is a question of what expectations you arrive with. For me, nice food everyday with a different theme each night; what more can you asked for?
This place is not perfect but then again, what place is? I think it would be unfair to rate this anything else than 5 based on our experience. As it was our first family holiday for a couple of years, perhaps we were low maintenance and just happy to be in the sun with no cleaning or cooking to do. If you are looking for the same, then I would heartily recommend a week here.
I am not sure if the management team from the Flora read these reviews, but if they do, please accept our gratitude for the lovely week you provided for us. The staff were very nice and we really enjoyed our experience with THB Flora.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Flora, located in Puerto del Carmen, is a settlement of studios and apartments with beautiful gardens and a multitude of services to offer a unique experience for your next holiday in Lanzarote. Relax in our beautiful pools and participate in our complete entertainment program of activities for adults and children. You will discover that the THB Flora Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday with your family or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel THB Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Flora Puerto Del Carmen
- Thb Flora Hotel
- Flora Apartments Lanzarote
- Hotel THB Flora Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen