We took up a Mercury Direct offer and found that the room we were allocated was one of the cheapest on the complex. MD met us at the airport with transport that turned out to be just for us. We had no way of telling them that we were hiring a car until we finally met the rep at arrivals.
Our room was over the road in Flora 1 (rooms in the 300 series) and as has previously been reported, it is the quiet side, away from the non-stop music and 'entertainment' in Flora 2. The room itself was very small and rather tired. The beds were very basic and the bedding well used. The headboard was suspended from the wall and rattled. The bathroom door would not close properly, the sink tap dripped and the bath from bottom of slope to taps was just 88 Cms (2 foot 10) long. I'm 6 ft 2!
The island has a serious water supply problem and toilet paper could not be put into the loo. A bucket was supplied (with no lid) so you know what to expect. Take air freshner as the cleaners do not work on two days of the week. There is no air conditioning and only one small window at the back. Lavatorial noises from either side abound, as did our German neighbours non-stop radio! The room was located round the very large, well maintained, unheated pool and only the brave venture into it. Be warned the shallow end is 1M95 and the deep end 2m20, not a place for children. There are two pools over the road, one of which is for the kids.
Buffet style catering has its drawbacks and this was no different. The food was only adequate and invariably on the cool side of warm. The catering staff worked hard, but this is the budget end of eating.
On the plus side - Auto Reisen car hire (4 door Chevrolet) for the week was EU99.
Negatives - Safe was EU17.50 for week with a EU15 deposit. TV was EU2 a day with a EU15 deposit for the remote! I never been asked to pay for an in-room TV before.
Biggest complaint. Place is overrun with cats (no mice though!) but they are ever present and spend half the day scent marking the entire area, thats when they were not being sick in the pool shower! I have photos, but will spare you.
Visits to all the main attractions cost EU 9 per person to get in, even the viewing point at Mirador del Rio wanted EU4.50 just to look at the view. Spectacular volcanic region a must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Flora, located in Puerto del Carmen, is a settlement of studios and apartments with beautiful gardens and a multitude of services to offer a unique experience for your next holiday in Lanzarote. Relax in our beautiful pools and participate in our complete entertainment program of activities for adults and children. You will discover that the THB Flora Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday with your family or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel THB Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Flora Puerto Del Carmen
- Thb Flora Hotel
- Flora Apartments Lanzarote
- Hotel THB Flora Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen