I arrived at the Flora on 30th March for a 3 week stay.
Before you read this you should note this would be my 10th stay at Flora Apartmentos - so I know how it has been, and can compare it with how it is now.
I had booked an apartment which slept up to 4 people even though I was expecting to be on my own for most of my stay- my sister and her husband joined me for a week.
When I informed reception this was to be,they charged me an extra €10 a night for them. I explained that I thought I had booked an apartment for 4 people and the fact that I was on my own for 14 days didn't count.....(err sorry I cannot see the difference...I thought it was a basic room rate and as long as you didn't exceed the occupancy number then this would be ok.)
I had also requested a specific room (well a choice of 4 rooms to be honest) when I booked and also when I confirmed my booking by email to them I said I would prefer a room to the side of the pool - and gave a choice of again 4. The room they allocated me was none of the eight I requested..... but stuck on a corner next to the Resident Cats Romantic rendezvous (- more of them later.)
As part of my previous email I had also checked that wifi was available throughout the hotel and I checked again at reception on my arrival- oh yes there was no problem as long as you used one device at a time. I purchased 3 days to start with and then 7days after....what a waste of money that was....so much so that (when I had access) I emailed the wifi supplier who sent someone out to see what the problem was_ they said my room had no coverage!!!!!! what a surprise. I had informed reception but they said no-one else had a problem !!!! No refund offered from the hotel but the wifi supplier gave me a refund on my 7 days prior to the new locator being installed. After the new locator was installed the signal strength was better but not great -off most of the nights and certainly not worth the nearly €100 my sister and I spent on it -haha it's just gone off again as I write this by the pool!
As always the bar and restaurant staff were delightful, the cleaning ladies very smiley and helpful, and the pool and surrounding gardens and areas were spotless. I had company on my patio most days from one or other of the resident cats...and most nights they woke me with their night-time activities.
The sun beds need replacing - many are broken and all are very saggy - terrible for back pain sufferers. But at least they were not locked away any more ....revised this as today 17th April- locked up!!!! Oh dear.
The hotel was full and a very large party of spanish students was handled with fantastic care...they stayed in Flora II so maybe I would have seen or heard more of them if I had been over that way.
The entertainment was ok - both animation people tried hard to enthuse a mixed age and nationality audience - but with very little success. The table tennis table was moved next to the railings leading to the road - interesting watching the children run down the hill/road after their ball !!!
I didn't choose All Inclusive (though I considered it for the time when my family were not with me) but I know that at around €24 a day it is good value if you want to drink lots and eat good basic hotel food.
BUT remember there are some fantastic restaurants in Puerto Del Carmen and do give the bars and cafes a visit...the local economy needs you to go out of your hotel and experience around and about on the island.
Would I return again to the Flora?
If I had any of the rooms I asked for - maybe.
If the wifi was free or a nominal charge-maybe.
New sun beds.-Maybe.
Less cats- yes
Free TV - Yes
Fans in rooms - Yes.
And finally - at some point a child or an adult is going to have a serious accident after slipping on the edge of your pool. I know you paint it regularly with anti-slip but it isnt good enough and someone is going either be hurt badly or make a really big insurance claim against them.
-and they put me in room 101..hahaha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Flora, located in Puerto del Carmen, is a settlement of studios and apartments with beautiful gardens and a multitude of services to offer a unique experience for your next holiday in Lanzarote. Relax in our beautiful pools and participate in our complete entertainment program of activities for adults and children. You will discover that the THB Flora Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday with your family or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel THB Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Flora Puerto Del Carmen
- Thb Flora Hotel
- Flora Apartments Lanzarote
- Hotel THB Flora Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen