“THB Flora Lanarote is a fantastic place to stay”
Review of Hotel THB Flora

Hotel THB Flora
Ranked #37 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Livingston, United Kingdom
“THB Flora Lanarote is a fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a family holiday taking two apartments from 5th to 10th May 2014. Hotel and apartments very clean, staff very friendly, food very good. The hotel is on a hill so would not be good if you have difficulty walking but they state this in their adverts so you know what you are booking. Lots of entertainment for children. Pools very clean too. I found it better than some expensive hotels we have booked in the past, good value. Well done to all the staff who made our holiday so enjoyable!

Christine B

Room Tip: Make sure you check your patio doors as they are a bit tricky to lock until you get the hang of it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Christine B
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest:
i remember your party and feel so happy that you enjoyed it...that´s what we are here for. Greeting to be given to my staff....
Please come back and give us the option to prove that we are actually imrpoving our services. Do not hesitate to contacting me again for any special request you might have and hopefully, see you all back around soon.
Regards from Lanzarote

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived to Flora on the 28th April with negative thoughts after reading different reviews! However could not have been more wrong... I came with my partner and we stayed for 1 week! We stayed in Flora 2 which was the quieter side, we was all inclusive and the only downside was that we had to walk over to flora 1 for food and drinks, would be great if Flora 2 had a small bar for snacks and drinks!! Food was brilliant, something there for everyone - different food on every night (Mexican and Italian nights were my fave)! The hotel is in the perfect location, read reviews regarding the "hill" nowhere near as bad as we expected!! Hotel situated just a short walk from the harbour and the new town or you can get a taxi outside for just 3Euros! Will definitely be visiting Flora again, would definitely recommend! Well worth the money :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sarah C
Dear Guest:
thank you very much for the kind comments. We are really glad that you had a nice time...that means that we did our job the way we are supposed to....
regards and hope to see you back around in the near future.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay here. We were a party of 5 therefore had 2 one bedroom apartments booked. We were in the apartments over the road from reception. This was a quieter area with a pool. We stayed in rooms 305 and 306 and found them to be very clean and spacious. The patio doors were a bit tricky to lock up but were fine once we sussed out the technique! There is a tunnel linking both parts of the hotel to avoid crossing the main road, although this wasn't too busy, with shops, larger swimming pool and restaurant and bar over at the reception side. Everywhere was clean and tidy, with staff constantly seen busying away . We stayed all inclusive and were very impressed with the food. There was plenty of choice with even the fussiest of eaters being able to find something! Likewise the bar selection was good for all inclusive choices. On our last night we went to the discotheque as there was a live singer playing. He was excellent, with there being a really good atmosphere there. We also managed to extend check out time for one of the rooms for 30 euros, so could still make the most of our last day there and were all able to eat at the restaurant too for free which was an added bonus. The hotel is located up a steep hill with a bit of a trek to the beach but this wasn't a surprise to us as we were told of this before booking. The harbour is also worth a walk down to. You soon get used to the big trek up the road! We did get a taxi one day from far along the strip, and it only cost 3 euros. All in all, a fantastic time was had by all when staying here and we wouldn't hesitate to go back again. It is great value for money, you get so much more than what you actually pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Sal12345
Dear Guest:
thank you for the kind comments and useful reviews....we hope to have you back around in the near future. Do not hesitate to contacting us for any special requests.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

After booking a studio, when we arrived , it was over the road from hotel, access via a steep tunnel, studio was no more than a glorified shed with patio doors no ventilation, and cooker top couldn't turn of there was no on/ of, had to unplug, no plug for bath shower fell of the wall, we had to pay 10euros per night to upgrade , even though our paperwork said studio- one bed-standard balcony or terrace ,, main hotel Spanish based entertainment ! Birds, flamenco, not good, guitarist brill, :/

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kath b
Dear Guest:
we are very sorry that we didn´t reach your expectations, there´s a missunderstanding somewhere as a Studio doesn´t have a separate bedroom, so it cannot be that you reserve and pay for a studio an get a 1 bedroom apartment instead at the same price (that´s why they asked for a 10€/day upgrade).
Thank you for letting me know about the faults in your room, they have been sorted out by now but I do agree that it should have been done before.Please accept my appologies about it.
Kind regards from Lanzarote

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I spent 2 weeks at the Flora with my other half for the first 2 weeks in March. Initially we had our reservations as we were put in room 258, which is above the entertainment. We arrived late at night after a long days travel to hear the noise from downstairs travelling. But we gave it the night. After that we had no problems with the noise. It was a lovely 1 bed apartement, could do with a lick of paint & new furniture, but overall really can't complain. The maids were in every day except Wednesdays & Sundays, clean bedding every couple of days & clean towels every day. We had asked for a sea/pool view which wasn't really there unless you went to the corner of the balcony, although it was nice & quiet. Situated at the top of hill, you'll soon get used to going up & down the hill to the old town. The hotel is a 20 min stroll from the main strip. Woudl go back if you're after a quiet relaxing holiday & don't mind the hill.

Room Tip: Flora 1 for bit more life, ask for pool./sea view rooms 200+
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elaine C
Dear guest:
thank you for the kind comments, I hope we can provide a proper sea view next time you come around....
Kent
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I arrived at the Flora on 30th March for a 3 week stay.

Before you read this you should note this would be my 10th stay at Flora Apartmentos - so I know how it has been, and can compare it with how it is now.

I had booked an apartment which slept up to 4 people even though I was expecting to be on my own for most of my stay- my sister and her husband joined me for a week.

When I informed reception this was to be,they charged me an extra €10 a night for them. I explained that I thought I had booked an apartment for 4 people and the fact that I was on my own for 14 days didn't count.....(err sorry I cannot see the difference...I thought it was a basic room rate and as long as you didn't exceed the occupancy number then this would be ok.)

I had also requested a specific room (well a choice of 4 rooms to be honest) when I booked and also when I confirmed my booking by email to them I said I would prefer a room to the side of the pool - and gave a choice of again 4. The room they allocated me was none of the eight I requested..... but stuck on a corner next to the Resident Cats Romantic rendezvous (- more of them later.)

As part of my previous email I had also checked that wifi was available throughout the hotel and I checked again at reception on my arrival- oh yes there was no problem as long as you used one device at a time. I purchased 3 days to start with and then 7days after....what a waste of money that was....so much so that (when I had access) I emailed the wifi supplier who sent someone out to see what the problem was_ they said my room had no coverage!!!!!! what a surprise. I had informed reception but they said no-one else had a problem !!!! No refund offered from the hotel but the wifi supplier gave me a refund on my 7 days prior to the new locator being installed. After the new locator was installed the signal strength was better but not great -off most of the nights and certainly not worth the nearly €100 my sister and I spent on it -haha it's just gone off again as I write this by the pool!

As always the bar and restaurant staff were delightful, the cleaning ladies very smiley and helpful, and the pool and surrounding gardens and areas were spotless. I had company on my patio most days from one or other of the resident cats...and most nights they woke me with their night-time activities.

The sun beds need replacing - many are broken and all are very saggy - terrible for back pain sufferers. But at least they were not locked away any more ....revised this as today 17th April- locked up!!!! Oh dear.

The hotel was full and a very large party of spanish students was handled with fantastic care...they stayed in Flora II so maybe I would have seen or heard more of them if I had been over that way.

The entertainment was ok - both animation people tried hard to enthuse a mixed age and nationality audience - but with very little success. The table tennis table was moved next to the railings leading to the road - interesting watching the children run down the hill/road after their ball !!!

I didn't choose All Inclusive (though I considered it for the time when my family were not with me) but I know that at around €24 a day it is good value if you want to drink lots and eat good basic hotel food.

BUT remember there are some fantastic restaurants in Puerto Del Carmen and do give the bars and cafes a visit...the local economy needs you to go out of your hotel and experience around and about on the island.

Would I return again to the Flora?
If I had any of the rooms I asked for - maybe.
If the wifi was free or a nominal charge-maybe.
New sun beds.-Maybe.
Less cats- yes
Free TV - Yes
Free Iron-Yes
Fans in rooms - Yes.

And finally - at some point a child or an adult is going to have a serious accident after slipping on the edge of your pool. I know you paint it regularly with anti-slip but it isnt good enough and someone is going either be hurt badly or make a really big insurance claim against them.
-and they put me in room 101..hahaha.

Room Tip: Not 101 but any around the pool are quite nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jacquiebaldwin
Dear Guest:
thank you for the reviws and the helpful comments. I have to say that I´m very sorry about the fact that we couldn´t provide the room that you requested, but we were so full that were not able to organize it beforehand.I´ll try my best next time (if you decide to come back....).
Sorry as well for the lack of signal on the wi-fi near your room.....we wouldn´t have realiced unless you told us, so, thank you very much.
For the time being, there is a few things to be carried out to improve our facilities (sunbeds, gamesroom, restaurant) and I hope that you give us the choice of showig all improvements to you in a visit in the near future. Do not hesitate to contacting me for any queries or to be kept up to date about the changes that are going to be made.
regards from Lanzarote
Hull
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We returned this week from a weeks holiday at THB Flora in Lanzarote. Its our 3rd visit to Peurto del Carmen and previously we had stayed at 2 star Apartments however this time we thought a 3 star would be better and the fact it was closer to the marina. This hotel is split in two. On one side you have the all inclusive visitors with the larger pool (with lifeguard and cleaned regularly), larger rooms and pool bar etc. This part is really nice, plenty to do for kids and I could happily stay there for a week. Across the road you have the non-all-inclusive visitors, where we were staying. The rooms are smaller, terraces are blocked by overhanging trees, smaller pool that was full of leaves and generally in complete contrast to across the road. We arrived and was given the key to room 336. My wife used the word 'depressing' for the room, it was tiny, had not been cleaned, very dark and not as spacious or bright as the online pictures of the room show. We asked to move rooms however they were full and told us to ask tomorrow (we weren't the only ones at the reception asking the same). Accepting this, we thought oh well it was cheap for the week so what do we expect. That night we couldn't sleep as the noisy fridge is literally next to the beds. The next day after sunbathing we returned to the room to find the kitchen area swarmed with ants! I rung the reception 3 times until they finally sent the maid who took one look and said 'pack and go to reception, you cant stay here!' So we did, the hotel manager told us off for listening to the maid then gave us room 350. The room was the same layout but had not been cleaned since the previous occupants, we said were going out for tea so you have 2 hours to clean the room and confirmed with the maid on our way out. When we returned at 12am the room still had the previous occupants bed sheets. At this point we got the manager involved again who moved us to room 393. This was a larger room and was far better. From then on we had no further concerns but it was a shame it took 2 days to sort this. Overall, if you stay here I would say go all inclusive - the service and food looked good and you have a better chance of a nice room. If you like going to the beach I would avoid this hotel, the walk is long and a constant hill. However if you prefer to stay at the hotel it is fine. We walked to the beach every day to eat as the 'ant episode' put us off preparing food there. I wouldn't go back for the following 3 reasons: location, rooms, service we received. The only positive is the price however, I have already booked my return next April and I will be going back to the 2 star apartments which are cheaper and a far better room in a far better location.

Room Tip: Go all inclusive, the rooms are better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChantelleG G
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest: thank you for the comments, I have to say I´m sorry as I wasn´t aware of your case myself. I spoke to the reception manager that dealt with you and he told me the full story. Well the only ting I really regret is the fact that you were not told beforehand that Studios (cheapest units) are on the quiet side of the complex, as if you knew before, probably you would have paid the difference to get into the 1 bedroom apartments in the busy side instead. As you said, they are more espacious, better views and easier to access. The other thing I´m concerned about is the fact that you mention a couple of timse that the apartments were not clean before your arrival, and that is something inacceptable and I must do something to avoid it happening again.
Kind regards and sorry again, I hope you did enjoy it at the end and had the rest you were looking for. If you change your mind and decide to come back to us, do not hesitate to contacting me as I would love to take care of your party personally.