“Flora 2 for peaceful relaxing pool”
Review of Hotel THB Flora

Hotel THB Flora
Ranked #37 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed on the quieter side where the chalets surround the adult pool,absolute sun trap.Much quiiter and relaxing that the main complex.Stayed half board,food was pretty good and plenty to choose from.Rooms cleaned regularly by polite friendly staff..One downside alot of cats around mainly at night and they get in your room if your not careful.The complex is at the top of a very steep hill so not suitable for anyone with walking difficulty if you plan on going to the harbour or shops.Though taxi,s are available a few yards from complex.on the whole for the money it is good value.We were surprised that when we went for dinner and got ourselves drinks the waiter came and told us we had to pay for these only the food was in the HB package,he did let us off paying that evening but thereafter he seemed to watch us like a hawk other nights we went for dinner to ensure we bought our drinks(,2 cokes and a half lager) not exactly abuse of the drinks by 3 people i would have thought.

Room Tip: for peace and quiet request Flora 2 for family with youing kids Flora 1 near amenities and kids pool...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hazel D
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest:
thank you for the kind and useful comments. I apologize if it made you feel bothered when my staff told you about the drinks....they are only doing their job and guests here do come on different boards with different things included...I bet you understand,,,but I´m really sorry if they didn´t come to you in a appropiate manner.
Anyway, so glad that you enjoyed it and hope to see you back around in the near future.
PS.- cats are not a problem anymore.....with the help of SARA, there are only a few left.....
regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel THB Flora

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ive just returned from a 10night stay at the flora all inclusive!
on arrival the hotel was very clean and looked very inviting, we checked in and got shown our room across the road at first i was abit confused why we was away from the all inclusive bar but when we sat by the pool it was lovely and peacefull. There are very limited sunbeds round flora two we got 2afternoons of sunbeds in 10days but we got lilos and layed on them and to be honest they was so much more comfier. Rooms ae very spacious and have lots of room and everything you need we was great full for the fridge so we had cold water in the morning.

the food is okay there is always plenty to eat breakfast good snacks and dinner and tea, they have themed nights every night and some didn't take my fancy so we ate out but me and my boyfriend loved the Mexican night!
we met some lovely people and made some good friends out there and really enjoyed our holiday, all staff are very pleasant and friendly and work really hard.the flora is very good for kids always entertainment throughout the day and night we watched a few good ones on the night.

i would reccomend this hotel it is in a good location but the hill back up to the hotel is a killer we got a taxi up a few times very cheap, some lovely shops, bars and restaurants around. We had a lovely stay at the flora and would return there if we go back to lanzarote.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie L

Dear Guest: thank you for the kind comments. We are really glad that you had a good time....that´s what you deserve and what you came here for....so....we only did our job.
Hope to have you around again
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

THB Flora Review

Location of the Hotel

The location of the hotel was great, although its 10 minutes away from the airport you couldn’t hear the planes flying over.

When we booked we went through reviews and everyone said how the hotel was on a steep hill, this was not the case; yes it was slippery but that was only when it got really hot and you wore flip flops which don’t have much grip on them, there was some parts that were quite steep (if you went down the road and headed right instead of left), we went up the left hand side to get to the shopping centre, the harbour, the local supermarket and the market which was located by some pubs.

Accommodation

The hotel was split into two parts; the main hotel had 1 bedroom apartments whereas the apartments across the road were 2 bedrooms (so we were told). Each has a swimming pool which is cleaned every day thoroughly.

In the main hotel there is the bar and restaurant which everyone can use, these were all kept clean due to the amount of people walking through and some not taking notice of signs and walking through the bar with wet feet.

Our room was situated right by the pool and we was given a balcony (room 210) this was cleaned 4-5 times in 7 days that we stayed which was great considering its a 3 star hotel. The staff were kind and helpful; they made sure everyone was happy during their stay, even when we had an issue with the sun beds.

In our apartment we had the following; two large sofas and coffee table, television which you have to pay for I think its €25 for the week and may have a €10 for the remote. The safe in our bedroom cupboard was €2.50 per day and €10 deposit for the key which was ideal as it kept our mind at rest and knew the passports and documents were safe. There was a kitchen area which had tea and coffee facilities, hob and microwave as well as a fridge. The shower in our room was very powerful so be aware not to pull the handle up too quick as this is what I did and the water went everywhere.

When you looked at reviews people stated how bad the food was, now I’m a fussy eater yet there was always something for me to eat, they did several different dishes to suit everyone.
The one thing I learnt was to try everything even if you think you don’t like it because half the food doesn’t look as good as it tastes. I have NEVER eaten couscous rice but they made one and added butternut squash it was so good that I ate two bowls of it. The bread rolls are slightly dry therefore would recommend cut your own slices which are on the end of the centre table. The soup was great even the pumpkin soup which I’ve never has before.

Entertainment

This is a very child friendly hotel, if you don’t like kids then don’t book. We love being around children because the amount in our family. They have games throughout the day which kept everyone busy; children went to the splash park, teenagers had water polo and adults had riffle shooting and archery this was great fun as well as water aerobics all of which were free of charge unlike most hotels.

Entertainment of an evening varied from; bird and reptile shows, singers, magicians and bingo. Please be aware if you want your photo taken with the parrots the two men running the show will attempt to charge you for the photo, even if you take it yourself; we did this and I ended up having an argument with the man but he soon left me alone once I went up to reception as he told me he was going to charge to the room (this cannot be done) therefore the staff were very helpful when it came to this issue.

Sun Beds

The sun beds are all tided up around the swimming pool to stop people putting their towels on the beds late night/early morning, yet this didn’t stop people getting up at 7am to put their towels down and leave for 6 hours before returning. We had several issues with this but when we asked at the bar if there was anymore sun beds they were very helpful and removed the towels of the sun beds that hadn’t been used for hours on end.

Attractions

If you’re looking at going to the zoo then I would advise that you go on a day that it’s suppose to be cooler as it can get very hot walking round, we got the 10:55 bus to the zoo which cost €2 per person to reserve a seat and then €18 per adult for the zoo, I’m unsure of child price. We got the 15:20 bus back which was held as we needed to wait for our photos from the Sea Lion show to come through. The animals that are there are; White Tigers, Pumas, Snakes, Lizards, Tortoises, Birds, Sea Lions, Komodo Dragons, Crocodiles and much more. The food was reasonably priced costing €3 for a large portion of chips, €5 for a cheese burger and chips and €6 for chicken nuggets and chips.

If you like a market or two then if you ask at reception when the market is on down by the harbour they will let you know it’s around a 10-15 minute walk. The large market which we went to was amazing, we got the 8:30am bus there so it would be cooler and there didn’t look like there was that many shops but once we had pulled up the was LOTS. Please be aware that they do like to make sure you buy something, our excuse was that we saw it before for a lot cheaper which made them reduce their prices.

There is a shopping centre if you don’t mind walking around 20 minutes up the road, its quite easy to find as I’m terrible with direction but found this straight away, shops don’t seem to open until 10am so make sure you don’t turn up too early. There is plenty of small souvenir shops on the way which we stopped in several times, you can barter with them as I did and got things much cheaper (totally worth trying).

Just up the road about a 7 minute walk was the supermarket on the left called Dino something. Reasonable prices and is well worth looking around. We found another one just across the road where we got all out sun cream from this cost just over €6 for a 250ml of 50 SPF and paid only €0.36 for an 8 litre bottle of water which lasted the week.

Conclusion

Overall this was a fabulous hotel, great for a first holiday without parent and will be recommending this hotel to many people and I hope to return in September. I would say to anyone to go all inclusive as this is what we did and made everything very cheap, if you’ve booked already then don’t worry as you can upgrade on arrival for €22 per person per night and prices were cheaper for children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room behind the restaurant if you want a quite room, we had room 210 which is right infron...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Georgia S
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear guest.......
I do not know how to thank you for taking your time to write such an useful review.......I got nothing to add to it, just to say that it makes me really glad to know that my staff did provide you with the vacation that you deserved.
Thanks again and do not hesitate to contacting me directly at flora@thbhotels.com if you have any preferences for your next visit.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I am currently at the THB Flora apartments. Me and my family booked self catering as my past experiences with all inclusive is that its generally the same food everyday. I think the prices in the only bar on the complex are ridiculous and over priced! €2.50 for half a plastic beaker of larger. The staff in the bar are not very friendly and I feel on a whole we are not treated as well as the all inclusive guests! The room, well many downsides to the room. Firstly the bed linen and towels look like they were bought when the comlex was built, stained and tatty. The bathroom was grotty when we arrived and the toilet had urine in it and around the seat! Not a very good start! The plug above the sink is hanging off the wall and everytime we plug the kettle in the electric current runs through the whole work surface as its made from stainless steel, myself and my family have all had an electric shock! This needs sorting! The door to the outside does not feel secure and I'm sure with a bit of a tug this could easily be opened and there is no safe provided for our money or personal belongings! There is no iron or ironing board they charge to use this! No aircon which can be awful and muggy on a night. The travel cot provided for our 1yr old baby wad disgusing! Stained and holes in it!! And bits of food in the bottom. The pool is freezing and trying to get a sunbed around the pool often turns into a battle with the other guests! The other day a guy reserved 10 sunbeds and they were left with just towels on for over 3hours! Its over 1 mile to walk to the main strip and this is all downhill which is fine until its time to come back and then its all up hill, this can be a struggle with a pram! This hotel does not cater for small children and I advise anybody with a baby to consider looking elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Neil D

Dear Guest:
I-m very concern about the maintenance issues that you are describing on your review, please contact reception to sort them all out, we will do our best for you and your family to enjoy your holiday with us, please give us a choice.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We're just back from two weeks at the THB Flora. We stayed self catering as we preferred to eat out in the restaurants in puerto del carmen in the evenings. This is a great hotel with lots of activities for children and adults to keep busy during the day. Luis on the animacion team was excellent, our lads loved the water polo every day. The lady who did the water aerobics was brilliant also i didn't get her name. The animacion team were a little under staffed and could do with more help, there were long queues for face painting and this will probably get worse over the summer, parents were getting a bit irate in the queue. There's a brilliant splash pool for children which is turned on twice daily for half an hour each time. It was very hard to get a bed around the pool as people stand around in the morning waiting for the beds to be put out and there's nothing left by 9am. My main gripe is having to pay for wifi and tv. Despite these few minor things we had a brilliant time and wouldn't hesitate returning to the Flora.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tbwa

Dear Guest:
so glad to read that you had a good time among us.......and thank you so much for letting everyone know. We would love to service you again in the near future.
Best Wishes from Lanzarote

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just arrived back today after staying at the Flora. On the whole the food and accommodation were very good, the staff on the other hand were brilliant, very friendly and efficient. The rooms were good and had everything you needed, (although I did have a bent corkscrew!!! )
There was always something to choose from at meal times and the chef was a great guy, very pleasant.
The animation team were great for the little ones and were always on the go. Very busy place and is fantastic for families.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:
thank you so much for the nice review, it encourages us to try to keep improving....
We hope to see you back around son.
Kind regards from Lanzarote

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely little hotel and our holiday was enjoyed by all the family..my husband and I, and our 2 daughters aged 6 and 13. We was all inclusive and had no problem with the food..fresh and plentyful, always something for everyone.
We had a fab apartment over looking the pool and sea view, was cleaned everyday apart from 2 days out of 7 and had everything you could need on a all inc basis.
The staff were all lovely and welcoming, apart from one member..Sergio, who was a little abrupt initially, but cheered up after a few days of knowing us! Maybe he just stood out as everyone else was just so lovely from day one?
There is alot of cats around but as cat lovers this was not a problem, we never fed them too close to our apartment so they didnt really bother us too much, although some did make this mistake and therefore were pestered a little by them :/
It is at the top of quite a long steep road but is do-able if your fairly fit, my mum is a wheelchair user though and I would not recommend her to visit this hotel due to this.
The entertainment team was all lovely and worked hard as there was only 3 of them to keep all of the guests..little kids, teenagers and adults entertained throughout the day and early evening. The outside entertainment could have been improved with only a couple of good acts..the male singer and the spanish singers and dancers were fab :)
There is a gorgeous harbour/port area out the back of the hotel and this was our favourate place to visit, fab views :)
Our only real quibble with the hotel is that the pool and surrounding areas could be cleaned a little better, it was only MOPPED, with 1 bucket of water..after the pool closed and before it opened. Also the loungers was not cleaned once during our stay and from what we could see not for quite a while before it, they also needed tightening as many were very uncomfortable and instead of sitting on the plastic mesh you was often sitting on the plastic bars below it!
There was a queue for beds in the morning but it generally started at approx 8am and lasted until the pool area had finished being cleaned..approx 9am but this was not too much of a problem as we have previously had to be up as early as 5-6am in other hotels!!
We have all agreed that dispite a couple of niggles we all loved our holiday and that we would defo visit again...thank you Flora and we hope to see you again soon :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank tinkerbell078

Dear Guest:
thank you so much for the kind comments. And thanks for calling my attention to check the cleaning procedures concerning the sunbeds......
I´m really glad that your kids had a good time and look forward to having them back around in the near future. If any queries or requests....flora@thbhotels.com