“Sunbed Hell”
Review of Hotel THB Flora

Hotel THB Flora
Ranked #37 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our apartment was spacious and spotlessly clean. On our first morning my husband went for a walk to get his bearings and noted that people were queuing up at the main pool at 8.00 am to put towels on sunbeds. This happened every day. At Flora 2 there were not as many sunbeds and, unbelievably, people were taking these into their apartments overnight to ensure that they had a sunbed the next day. Towels were left on beds all day without anyone actually using them and although, occasionally towels were removed by staff this did not happen often. Management really do need to resolve the issue with sunbeds as I heard numerous guests complaining about this. I cant fault the staff at this hotel - very friendly and helpful. The food was not to my taste, it was more or less the same most evenings and was very bland. At breakfast there was very little fresh fruit, usually only oranges, bananas, apples and occasionally grapefruit. Where was the melon, pineapple, grapes etc? although there was melon & watermelon at lunch & dinner. This is a family hotel but I did not see much evidence of food being prepared specifically for children. There are plenty of nice restaurants in the resort where the food is reasonably priced - the Purple Turtle being one of these and which is close to the hotel.The location of this hotel is not suitable for people with walking difficulties, however a taxi from the main strip is only 3 euro. From a personal point of view this hotel was not for me but this was not an expensive all inclusive holiday and you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Evvybaby
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest:
thank you for the review and for chioosing us for your holiday. I´m aware of the problems wuth the sunbeds and as you understand, it´s hard problem to resolve when you rely on guests eductaion (talking about towels on sunbeds left there without using them).
Anyway, I thank you for the kind comments about my staff and the cleanliness in the Hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great week in the flora hotel ..really friendly staff very hard working! Love the animation team!! Food was good was loads to choose from and was different food themes everyday. Rooms where alway kept very clean. Great entertainment day and night. I will definitely return. The only negative is the sunbeds we never got one and was same people on them everyday and most of them weren't even using them but by keeping their towels on them no one could use it .. need some system for the sun beds other than that I was all you could ask for :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen D
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest:
thank you so much for the nice review......I will definitely do something about the sunbeds before you come back next time :-), count on that.....

Hope to see you back soon.
regards from Lanzarote

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Not sure where the other people reviewing we're staying but oh my what a waste our hard earned cash!

Positives
Good sized rooms with everything you need. No air con but windows open was enough
Nice balcony with limited sea view
Good aces to airport, only €20 in taxi
Local restaurants cheap and food nice

Negatives
Food awful....processed bacon! Eggs uncooked! Mile long queues to get food. Never any knives and forks or cups in the morning
Sunbeds....if your lucky to get one they are disgustingly dirty, desperately need replacing
Drinks....strong but everything in plastic cups. Prefer wine in a wine glass not plastic beaker
Pool are...other than sun bed issue it's just too over crowded and dirty. My flip flops stuck to the floor it was that bad

All in all we did have an ok holiday, kids made friends but that's because we avoided the all inclusive we had paid for which defeats the object and made a cheap week expensive. Spoke to lots of families that felt the same as us

Wouldn't recommend this hotel but lanzarote ok if you want home from home. As for us we are off to somewhere more exotic next time

Room Tip: Just avoid altogether
1  Thank MilliePig

Dear Guest:
sorry to hear you got dissapointed by the holiday you spent with us. I dissagree with the fact that you mention that the hotel is dirty, but I will take your opinión to try to improve it anyway.
Thank you for taking your time to write the review and for choosing us on your last stay.
If you ever change your mind we will be glad to have you back around anytime.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at the flora for 2 weeks from 9/07/14 with my 20yr son, we were all inclusive and stayed across the road in the quiet part.Our room was dated and a bit shabby but was clean.Food was plentiful and varied and dining room staff were lovely.There were never enough sunbeds and in spite of stickers on sunbeds stated it was prohibited to reserve them, they were all reserved by 09.10 every day!! All employees from the flora were polite and friendly and work very hard.In my opinion, this hotel caters for young families very well and we enjoyed watching the children having fun.We went out most days due to the lack of sunbeds, hotel is on a hill but a taxi costs only 3 euro, so we got a taxi back up the hill.There was building work going on in hotel(dining room area) but wasn't noisy at night.

1  Thank irishmol

Dear Guest:
thank you so much for the kind comments about my staff. I´m glad that you enjoyed your time here. We all hope to see you back around in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Returned from Hotel Flora on 27th July 2014, myself partner N our 7 yr old & 4 Yr old, had a fantastic time, Staff where amazeing, work long hours however always happy to help if needed, Life guard removes towels off sunbeds if people had not returned!!! I ALWAYS ended up with a lounger for the 10 days we stayed, because it goes noticed if you are not being greedy by grabbing loungers 1st thing in the morning & dissapearing for a few hours expecting your towels to still be waiting for you!!!! We arrived on the 17th so just before school holidays so wasnt too busy, didnt have to queue for food/drinks etc. It got busier nearer the end of our stay!! had an upstairs room on arrival however asked if we could change to ground floor, not a problem whatsoever!!! Food was good always something nice. Kids entertainers are fab, My Daughter loved them & My son loved the x box up in reception!!!! Swimming pool is lovely, lots of activities going on throughout the day. Music played around the pool. Overall stay was fab I would definately return to this hotel again. Restaurant Manager was lovely N so was all the staff n The chef. Fab holiday overall. x

Room Tip: Had a corner room 134 by the kids waterpark, lovely little corner Bright n sunny at tea time if u wa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest:
what can I say......Thank you, so much for the kind comments, it´s a nice feeling when someone tells you that you are doing a good job.
Do not hesitate to contacting us directly for next ocassion......flora@thbhotels.com

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We enjoyed a fantastic week there. Staff.food.cleaneass was fab....never hungry or thirst....one complaint ..we could never get a sun bed to lye on.i think staff members were putting them away for friends. .so I think ever room should be allocated bed's. .we will be back again. .fantastic place

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bundoram

Dear guest:
so glad that you enjoyed your holiday at THB Flora. I´m seriously thinking about providing sunbeds to every single apartment but being honest, people want to be right next to the pool and I have not enough space for all of them..
Nevermind, happy that you didn´t let the issue with the sunbeds spoil your vacation.
I hope to see you back around un the near future.
Regards

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Flora is a good, basic hotel with nice food and very pleasant staff.
Luckily we stayed in the annex appartments at the other side of the main road (accessed via a tunnel under the road) because the main pool area was just manic. People were queing for sun beds an hour before they were unchained at 9 o'clock.
The annex has its own pool area with a limited number of sun beds. Notices are attached to the sunbeds indicating they cannot be reserved but unfortuntely the notices are ignored and most sunbeds are reserved in the early hours of the morning. Like everyone else we had to do the same which did take the gloss off our stay at the Flora.
Because of this we will not be staying at the Flora again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
Sorry, a good hotel spoiled

1  Thank 100travelman2014

Dear Guest:
so sorry that you let the issue with the sunbeds to spoil your holiday. Honestly we do our best to provide the best service that we can, but I hope that you understand that there´s no phisical space to place sunbeds for every guest, so we have to call people´s education and behaviour not to reserved them when no in use. But people just don´t pay attention to it.
thank you for choosing us anyway and thanks for the kind comments as well.
regards