Just returned from our annual holiday at the Flora with my daughter and grandchildren aged 13,11, and 2 years old it is always a pleasure to stay at the Flora with there dedicated staff from the receptionists to the cleaners they have worked at the Flora many years and it shows in there commitment and enthusiasm to making your holiday special. There is a new manager at the hotel holding everything together he is very approachable if you have any serious concerns.
Our holiday was a little more special this year with the addition of the animators Lois, Vanessa and Yasmina they kept the children entertained from 11am till 1pm starting with the hotel group dance to playing water polo, darts, table tennis, pool games then in the afternoon from 3pm to 5pm there was always something different to do even little Rachel the 2year old played with the building bricks on the stage area which is in the main seating area so you can keep an eye on the little ones there is also a children's disco at 9pm every night except on Sundays. There is also an adult entertainment programme during the day join in if you wish, Lois has much energy and is committed to giving you the best time possible. In the evening there is some entertainment mostly live music although one evening the team put together a very entertaining little sketch which is very amusing.
The food at the Flora has always been a good 3star quality but this year there were many new dishes on the menu the restaurant has been extended so is very spacious the chef is charming and very hands on to answer any questions you may have. Evening dinner is themed my favourite is the Mexican night then the Italian dinner but then again there's the American night excellent.
I notice from other reviews the situation re the sunbeds yes it is a problem which management are aware of and are trying to resolve but the Flora is a friendly and family originated hotel especially in July and August, the area around the pool in Flora 1 is small in comparison to larger hotels but this gives it that friendly feel and by talking to mums and dads by the pool that's what a lot of people like. Sunbeds are opened up about 9am after the pool and walking areas have been cleaned for your health and safety it's only in July and August people seem to clamber for the beds and not only for a bed but for the position they want, I personally think it's fair not to reserve a bed with a towel and the lifeguard will remove a towel if a bed is not used within a reasonable time, if you can't get to the pool till later in the day have a word with the lifeguard (she works from 10am to 6pm)she may be able to get you a bed.
If like me you have had a holiday with the grandchildren give the Flora a go in the quieter months in spring all the flowers are in bloom the grounds are well kept by the grounds men and are at there best,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Flora, located in Puerto del Carmen, is a settlement of studios and apartments with beautiful gardens and a multitude of services to offer a unique experience for your next holiday in Lanzarote. Relax in our beautiful pools and participate in our complete entertainment program of activities for adults and children. You will discover that the THB Flora Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday with your family or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THB Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Flora Puerto Del Carmen
- Thb Flora Hotel
- Flora Apartments Lanzarote
- Hotel THB Flora Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen