“Not the best the cheapness shows ” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel THB Flora

Hotel THB Flora
Ranked #32 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
“Not the best the cheapness shows ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel in June! I booked it especially before the kids holidays so I thought it would be quiet! When we arrived we had to pay for TV, Safe and wifi this was a bit of a joke tbh was not happy! In my opinion this should be included where ever you go nowadays. The staff seemed to be okay but it was like they spoke in Spanish behind you're back slagging you off.. Through out the whole holiday we got a sunbeds on only one day, we had to go down very early in the morning to even guarantee a bed and when we put the towels down the lifeguard removed our towels when we came back to them a bit later on this really pissed me off. Even though it was before the school holidays it was full of kids so if you want a nice quiet holiday I do not recommend this place what so ever. However puerto del Carmen is a beautiful place it has amazing views, we found a path which you could seem some amazing sights. The town is very lively and there is lots to do! I would definitely come back to the town but I wouldn't stay in this hotel it was a let down! Even though it is cheap before you get there they rip you off when you get there next time I would rather pay more to get somewhere and pay less whilst I'm there! disappointing but I will be visiting puerto del Carmen again in a different hotel for sure!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Joshsully
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear guest:
Sorry to hear that you found your holiday dissapointing. The issue that we charge for the use of TV is due to the fact that some of the channels we provide are private (Sky Sports beIN Sports) and, as you probably know they are not cheap channels to provide, Nevertheless, all services provided that are not free are perfectly stated in the brochures information and web pages, so I´m surprised that you were surprised about that matter...
Sunbeds is an issue I would like to apologize about because, i do agree that there are not enough sunbeds around the pool for every single guest, but we ask guests not to reserve them with notes and sticks on the sunbeds, and guests (even yourself) keep reserving them....
Anyway, if you didn´t enjoy your holiday the way you were supposed, we didn´t do our job the way we should, so I have to say that we are very sorry.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We are just back from a 14 night stay at the flora with 3 kids (aged 10, 10 and 8) and a baby (who was 1 during our stay).
We were located in the flora 2 which is connected to the main area via an underpass. Our 1st impression of our room was a little disappointed as the decor is a little dated but the apartment was spotlessly clean and being on holiday we never planned spending much time there anyway.
The hotel staff especially in the Restaurant and bar could not have been nicer and all the women (especially Mari Paz and Wendy) went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and help (our baby daughter absolutely loved them and looked for them getting excited when she spotted them , who always made a fuss) they actually made our stay at the flora.
The entertainment was not really to our thing but the kids enjoyed it and were often strutting their stuff at the mini disco or trying to persuade us to buy a parrot after the parrot show.
The hotel is in the old town of Puerto del Carmen but still very central. I have seen many reviews saying how it was too far a walk from the strip and a taxi was required but I just can't get my head around why anyone (other than disabled) would require a taxi for a 10 minute walk.
The lifeguards were very helpful and one day our 8 year old fell and the lifeguard was very attentive spotting her straight away coming straight over and disinfecting her cut.
Overall a very pleasant stay at a clean hotel but if we are honest the staff made it for us and we were genuinely a tad sad to be leaving them and Lanzarote.
We had planned to go somewhere else on next years holiday but fell in love with Puerto del Carmen and (even if not next year) we will be back to the Flora.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Gilliruss
FcoJavierMartinez, Gerente at Hotel THB Flora, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest:
thank you for choosing us and thank you for the nice comments about my staff. Message will be passed.
We are all glad that you and your family had a good time as that´s what we are here for.
Hope to see the small one growing (and the others, but that particular one was so cute :-) ,
and do not hesitate to contacting me for any request on your next visit, whenever.....flora@thbhotels.com

kind regards
Tipperary, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from an eleven day holiday to these apartments and unfortunately we were very disappointed with many aspects. I am not one for complaining unnecessarily but I want to give an honest review of our experiences at this complex.

We were relocated to this complex as our original hotel was overbooked. The apts we had originally booked were 25mins from this complex. We went with an open mind and we were upgraded to bed and breakfast.

First impressions of the reception area were good and it was bright and airy. The receptionist was very friendly and polite and checked us in promptly. We hired a fan at a cost of 17.50 plus deposit and a safe for 2.50 per day plus deposit. We didn't hire the tv.

Our apt was in Flora 1 around the pool area. On arrival, there were ants around the tv area, bathroom and bedroom. We went back to reception and they sent someone to spray them within ten minutes. We bought spray ourselves the following morning and used it for the remainder of the holiday as this was a reoccurring issue. Subsequently we did not eat in our apt as we did not want to attract any more than were already there. The spray also worked on the two cockroaches we found although to be fair I have often seen way more cockroaches on holidays.

The apt itself was spacious and while the decor was old it was bright. There were footprints on the floor when we arrived. The towels were changed daily except on Sat and Wed and sheets were changed once during our stay. Everything worked fine in the apt and it was nice to see a kettle and toaster. I would suggest to managment that each apt could be supplied with a sweeping brush- the apt wasn't swept/washed every day during cleaning although we would have been more than happy to do this ourselves had it been supplied. The area outside our room and the stairs down to the pool had stained tiles for the duration of our stay and they weren't cleaned and thus sticky-some other client(s) had obviously spilled drink. We asked the lifeguard could we borrow her sweeping brush one day to sweep out the outside area-she insisted on doing it for us and was extremely helpful. The pool area tiles were washed daily. While there were cleaning staff around the hotel each day I do believe that cleanliness could be improved esp around the bar area where there were often papers left blowing around and in the apts.

We were on ground floor and unfortunately we were greeted by anything between 5 and 8 cats on our return to the apt every day/eve. They sat/slept on our outside chairs and I didn't feel comfortable around them especially when one hissed at me several times. We didn't sit out or leave the door open because of this which was disappointing. Other clients appeared to be rubbing and feeding them and perhaps this enticed them to stay.

We only ate breakfast on four of the mornings we were here. There was a choice of hot and cold breakfasts but the food was processed and we decided to eat out on most mornings. We had a sandwich from the pool bar one afternoon which was very nice. We had a few drinks from the bar in the evening and they were served in plastic breakers and ranged from about 2.50 for sangria and beer to 4-6e for spirits with mixers. Staff in the pool bar and restaurant were very friendly. We did not stay for the evening entertainment so cannot comment on this.

The area we stayed in was very loud as the restaurant/kids pool/bar/animation team were on that side. While I can honestly say the animation team worked very hard the music was ear blowingly loud- so much so that you could not sit and chat to the person beside you. Even from the outdoor area at the apt the music was extremely loud. We heard it on our walk up from the harbour one morning! Some kids seemed to be running around and shouting with little parental supervision in evening times. I'm sure parents who travelled with kids might offer a different opinion of this but for us, a couple in our 30s, we didn't enjoy it.

We went to Flora 2 two days and it was far quieter and far more suited to our requirements. The complex was fully booked on our arrival so we couldn't change sides although we didn't insist on changing either.

The sunbed issue has been mentioned in nearly every review. Simply put there are not enough sunbeds for the number of apts and not enough space. We never got a seat/sunbed in Flora 1 but managed to get them midmorn/afternoon in Flora 2 on two days. We didn't queue for them. On our last day we went to get lunch in Flora 1 for half an hour and our towels had been removed-I might add that they were still wet as we had been swimming in the pool. So as you can see sunbeds are at a premium. We went to the beach most days which was a 25-30 min walk downhill. We were lucky that they were free the times we went but from past experience this would have added approx another €100 to the cost of our holiday normally.

The staff were very friendly throughout our entire stay and I highly compliment them for this.

Perhaps the apts are suitable for families but I would not recommend them to couples our age. We have been to Puerto del Carmen six times so are familiar with the area. We made the most of our time in Lanzarote but we will not be returning to these apartments.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank milleek
Dear Guest:
I really thank you for the honest and helpful review.
After Reading your review, I would really suggest, if you have the option, to come and visit us out of the summer season, as the hotel changes a lot when children are at school. This is a Hotel for families during summertime and I have to agree that there are not many options for people of your age.
I´m sorry that you got dissapointed with the facilities, but, at the end, if you did have a good time, then everything was worth.

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Me, my husband and three children age 4,7 & 9 went on a 10 day all inclusive holiday to Lanzarote just before the end of school term. We haven't been on holiday for 7 years so were really looking forward to it.
We were delayed so we didn't arrive at the hotel until 8.40pm but the reception were kind and said for us to go have dinner before we check in as it stopped at 9.pm. Our room was on the complex on the other side of the road which also had a pool and was linked by an underground tunnel. The room was spacious and clean. The restaurant was on a self service set up with a wide variety of food and the chef was very accommodation for my fussy daughter who wanted a honey roll on many occasions. It was also very clean and fresh. The pool was lovely and the entertainments team were great. It was nice that most of the stuff going on was around the pool so you could always see your children and the environment felt safe. There was an issue with sun beds every morning and people waiting to grab them but that happens all over and actually the life guards were fair and if people were away from their sun beds for a long time (sometimes 1 to 2 hours) then they would take off their towels and give the beds to people who did not have them. All staff were friendly and helpful. There was a mini disco every night which my girls loved and then some entertainment till about 10.30. This is all you really need when you have young children and was great for us. My children made so many friends as it was mainly families. All in all this was a great family holiday and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to others. We are thinking of returning with other family members next year.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool on the main complex side could be noisy as that's where the disco/entertainmen...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Angie W
Dear Guest:
thanks very much for the kind and useful review.
We are all very happy that you and your family had a good time and enjoyed your stay.....basically that´s what we are here for....
So hope to see you back around in the near future and thanks again for choosing us.
Regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well back again this year and had a fabulous holiday at the flora . lovely staff at the flora any problems were sorted straight away they are very friendly and helpful we have stayed there many times on a self catering bases . A suggestion maybe to allocate 1 sun bed to each apartment and the rest on a first come bases as there was a problem with the people in the next apartment putting their towels out at 2 O clock in the morning this made other people start to copy this perhaps the night security could take these towels to reception for them to be collected in the morning giving others a chance to get a bed We will be returning again next year

Room Tip: For a quieter holiday stay across the road this complex is on two sites which can be accessed via a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:
thank you very much for the nice review and the piece of advise......
I´m doing something with the sunbeds to make sure we get rid of the problem for next year....
Do no hesitate to contacting me again if you have any queries or requests for next visit at flora@thbhotels.com

SO glad that you had a nice time and are coming back to us...thank you for choosing us.

regards from Lanzarote
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just back yeterday from the Flora (family of 4 with 2 teenage Kids 19 & 14) had a great time and would recomend this place to anyone. The management will try their best to resolve any issues - just ask. The staff are all very welcoming, helpful and friendly from the receptionists to the cleaners.
We had an issue on arival with our room location which was resolved within 1 hour.
The hotel is great value for money. 2 hotel complexes conected by a safe well lit tunnel or alternatively you can just cross the road if you wish. We stayed at complex 2 quieter than 1 which suited us.
There is an issue with sun loungers but that aside we loved the place and would return without hesitation.
If you get a chance try the diving (Atlantis Diving) one of the best experiences we have ever had - If I can do it anyone can.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool room (send E-Mail) or request.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John D
Dear Guest:
thank you for the nice review....it´s a pleasure for us when someone notices how hard we work for our guests to have a nice holiday....that´s our commitment and It really makes me proud when someone lets everyone know.
Thank you again and do not hesitate to contacting me for your next visit at flora@thbotels.com.
Best regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just spend an enjoyable week there,
great for what you pay for
great hotel manager moved us to quality position on block 1 best in complex pool and sea view
AI food good and never waited at bar for drink
We had more fun watching horrible people waiting same ones every day at 7.30 am for pool attendant to unlock beds then taking 10 beds for friends only to use half of them
we got a bed once on whole week even asking attendant to help us
go to this hotel for good value fun but not to sunbath
ps sunbeds were all knackered anyway

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank billy m
Dear Guest:
thank you for the review, I´m definitely doing something with the sunbeds...one of the options to consider is start charging for the use........
Well I´m glad that apart from the problema with the sunbeds, you had a good time among us.
Hope to see you back around in the near future so you can notice the difference.