“Lovely stay”

La Florida Apartments
Ranked #50 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First trip to Lanzarote,

Wanted a cheap week in the sun with my other half, spent £250, all in, most expensive was the bag check in! Lovely room, low budget, but just what we needed. Lovely town, close to the beach, which was excellent for some snorkelling. Pool and the sea... little bit chilly. Really friendly hotel staff, close to local shops for food for self catering. Our room had a gorgeous sea view.

Would recommend to couples, mainly over families.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 11EmilyMae

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned from these apartments and after worring about some previous reviews was pleasantly surprised. We arrived about 9:30pm and after picking up the keys from the Purple Turtle bar next door we were greeted by a really nice fellow who carried my case and showed us to our room which was really spacious and spotless clean.

The pool area was cleaned daily and although I didn't use the toilets my husband said they were really clean. We stayed for 2 weeks and the maids came in about 10 of those days. We found the toater wasn't working properly so we reported it to the lady at the pool bar and within half an hour one of the maids came to our door, with a smile and a new toaster still in the box. My husband wanted an extra pillow and the same again, the maid came with two more.

We got these apartments dead cheap and got far more that we had expected. The kitchen has two cooking rings, a toaster, kettle and coffee maker along with all the pots and pans you need for a self catering holiday. Oh, and the beds are really comfortable.

Great place to stay.

Room Tip: From what i know I think all the rooms are basically the same. We had a pool view and a sunny balcon...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dlogger
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hotel is very basic, clean, situated near supermarket and pharmacy. Entrance thru mall from main street, inside you cant hear any noise.
1 bed apartment, bedroom window always in shadow, lovely cool on evening. Living room with sofabed, TV (we had to pay 2€ per day, few english chanels) and exit to balcony. Sunny balcony overviewing pool area and if u high enough sea view. kitchentte (kettle, 2 ring hob, some cuterly, plates, few pots, frigde).
Bathroom with bathtube cum shower, old but clean. Hot water all day.
Service everyday except sunday. Towels included, but you cant take them to pool.
We had B&B. Breafast very disappointing.Choose from english, irish, scotish, or omlette.
Unfortunately I was sick (not by hotel food) and my husband couldnt bring me toast and teabag from breakfast! Ridiculus!
If you dont want to spend whole time in resort place is ok.

Room Tip: Higher situated rooms has seaview.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for a week, and the apartment itself is very basic but you get what you pay for. Spent loads of time in the pool, even though its very very cold! Any extras are quite expensive however, such as wifi and the safe etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 277_0007
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here 2 Adults + 2 Children. On arrival (6.00 pm) u have to collect keys from a bar up the street. These apartments are up for sale so alot are privately owned , the reception is closed if you need any assistence u have to ask at pool bar when its open. We asked for wifi and because of no receptionists we couldn't it for 5 days (6 euro per day for 1 person). Breakfast was good. There is no staff on site after 5pm so if u get locked out or loose ur keys paddle ur own boat basicly. If u need a doc or something there r numbers typed up around the place but there r no phones in rooms there is a broken pay phone by pool. It is diffinelty not for children. There is no atmosphere here no poolside music nothing also u have to pay a euro per day per person for a sun mat the sun loungers and mats could do with a wash. The rooms are dated and in need of repair although clean. Hairdryers r 20 euro per wk, fans are 20 euro per wk When u ask Pat anything she either didn't no or would say she would find out but u got the same answer all the time. Jackie we felt was more helpful and she only started working there even though Pat there 7 yrs. Its quite a distance from the main stripe and fells unsafe (just my opinion). I know we didn't book or pay for the Ritz but this was truly awful I would say pay more and go elsewhere avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank irishnug
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I was so scared after reading the reviews but I think some people expect more from a 3 star place , i cannot fault this place , the apartments are large spacious and clean . there was no trouble getting sunbeds the pool was lovely , rooms cleaned daily , i really enjoyed my stay here for 9nights, the staff lovely and happy to help . only negative is no air con but didnt bother us that much as once window was open had a lovely breeze come in , based near old town but the strip isnt that far either , would stay here again perfect for families and couples

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just spent a week in la florida with my boyfriend. On first pulling up to it we had to walk through an alley and my heart sank as I thought it was an inbetweeners movie moment (they stayed in a right dump) but as soon as we went through the gates my faith was restored! Ignore all the negative reviews some people are so fussy!! The rooms were huge, clean and very nice. The pool was lovely and quiet and its nice not having to get up and not reserve sunbeds! In a fab location as your a short walk from the new town..I found it nice and quiet eventhough we are only young its great! Would definately stay again

• Stayed: June 2014