After searching for hours for the right hotel/apartments for our well earned holiday I came across this little gem!! After reading the reviews I knew it was definitely the place for us.
I booked direct with the hotel via an Email. This was done easily and I was able to pay by credit card on departure.
We arrived very early morning. Check in was quick and receptionist friendly.
We had room 317 which was a one bedroom superior apartment really close to the pool and bar and ground floor. very happy with the apartment. Clean and everything we needed. Fully modernised. We needed more coat hangers which were brought very quickly along with iron and ironing board at no extra charge. On the second day we had a problem with the toilet which was sorted straight away.
This hotel seems very popular with the Irish and a lot of the staff were Irish too;
The staff in the pool bar and in the restaurant are all very friendly. Always got a smile and clearly enjoy their job. They couldn't do enough for us. We were half board and paid 450 euros for 2 adults and 1 child for ten nights which was well worth the money. Breakfast was freshly made to order and there was a choice of cereals and freshly baked croissants and lovely coffee and much more.
Evening meal for half board was a good selection of starters main course and dessert. I can honestly say that every meal we had was delicious and we had no complaints at all. Again, all freshly made to order and not a buffet style like most hotels. The drink prices were reasonable and wine choice good.
we ate out 1 night and wished we had eaten in the hotel!
The apartments are situated very close to the beach. The resort is very safe and there is a code to get in and out of the gates. Close by near the beach is a centre which has loads of restaurants. We never ate there but we did find a karaoke bar which was good fun.
If you are after a relaxing holiday in a quiet location then this is for you. Was a little quiet for us and the evening entertainment was ok but not great. If you are one to go out then resort centre is not far.
I would go back again but maybe venture out more. As Thomas says below kids entertainment would be good and better entertainment on an evening. Other than that absolutely recommend this lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Costa Sal Villas and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Villas And Suites Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen