I booked the costa Sal apartments for a 5 day trip for my mums 70th birthday , our party consisted on myself. mum and my 17 year old nephew
I had read all the reviews here on trip advisor and was convinced that this was a good choice and I was NOT disappointed.
there is some work being done at reception when we arrived and I was a little apprehensive that I had possibly made a mistake and the place was going to be in a bit of an uproar. I am glad to say I was wrong.
we arrived after a very short bus trip from the airport at approx. 9.15pm and my nephew was feeling hungry after our flight from Glasgow. I took him down to the restaurant and we met Mandy and asked if we could get a bite to eat.
I had thought dinner may be finished at 9pm but she assured us it was no problem and gave us a nice table in the main restaurant, took time to explain the half board menu to us and then took our order. the food was lovely, we felt a bit guilty at turning up late and were going to forgo dessert but she insisted we should have it if we wanted, so we did !! as Mum was in the apartment relaxing I asked if we could get a tea and apple pie to take out for her and this was done with no fuss. Mum was delighted.
I was feeling thoroughly at home already by her friendly and accommodating service.
the apartment was a 2 bedroom superior and it lived up to my expectations. two nice bedrooms with fitted closets. large clean shower room/toilet. fully fitted kitchen with full sized fridge freezer and microwave. comfortable lounge area with flat screen tv, limited English channels but better than a lot of other hotels I have stayed in. (ITV on at night) also a large balcony with table/chairs and two very nice sun loungers, clothes horse and sun umbrella and a sea view , also able to watch every plane landing but I loved this and the noise was very limited. There looks like there is some development starting across from the hotel which we looked onto from our room but it was ok but it also gave us a great view of the hills too.
next morning we headed down for breakfast and were greeted by Fiona our singing waitress.
breakfast was a self service affair but plenty of choices, freshly made tea/coffee and juices.
went for a wander round the complex and it is quite large with a nice area for having drinks/lunch. large salt water pool but to be honest it was really cold. plenty of sunbeds. pool tables also
another chlorine pool is further down and is smaller, more families seemed to use that one for the kids.
the grounds are very well kept and it really is quiet, charming complex.
entertainment every night except a Wednesday and the glamour girls were very funny.
Coopers bar had tv for sport and plenty of drinks choice and reasonably priced.
we were on half board and we ate every night in the hotel, not tempted at all to go elsewhere as this food is excellent. all the staff looked after us very well every night and nothing was ever too much trouble. the BBQ night was included and the steaks and other options were second to none.
the resort of \Matagorda is small but has restaurants and bars,
gift shops etc all on hand.
you can walk to Playa Del Carmen , takes about 40/50 minutes at a reasonable strolling pace, however you can flag down a taxi and it will cost approx. 4 euro or the hotel will order one and it costs about 6 euro including a tip. The bus wasn't cheaper enough to justify waiting on it but there does seems a very good service outside the hotel.
all in all the Costa Sal apartments are fantastic, there a lots of room options available which I think would suit many budgets. the half board option is something I would definitely recommend.
what makes this place a cut above though is the staff. They are a credit to this hotel and made our stay really special. Thank You so much guys.
Hope to see you again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Costa Sal Villas and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Villas And Suites Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen