“Highly Recommended”

Costa Sal Villas and Suites
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed there in March 2014 and had a wonderful holiday thanks mainly to all the staff in the Costa Sal. The reception, bar and restaurant staff are extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
The pools are large and very well looked after and the apartments are spacious and clean.
Food in main dining area and restaurant is excellent.
I cant fault the location, the complex, the apartment or the staff in any way. A truly enjoyable stay and cant wait to return- 10 out of 10

Room Tip: The complex is quite large so for elderly travellers, I would advise apartments close to reception
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DSFan
Gerhanlon, Commercial Director at Costa Sal Villas and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your glowing review and for taking the time to write it.
We are all smiling again this morning after reading your comments.
The staff love to get recognition. And from the time you arrive to be greeted by reception to the service you get from housekeeping, and in the bar and restaurant, we do our best to make sure it is all excellent.
We are delighted you found the food excellent, and I will pass your comments on to Dominic our Head Chef.
We hope this will be the first of many visits to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thanks again for your wonderful comments!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,272)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just arrived back from Costa Sal Suites, It was my first time there and I was not disappointed. Have to say the place was immaculate and the staff were the friendliest I have ever come across, Nothing was a bother to them and they all seemed really happy in their work. Have to give a special mention to Irene the bar and restaurant manager, she looked after us really well and is most definitely an asset to the place. Will definitely be coming back and hope I get another room upgrade when I do. Best holiday I have had in years. Thank You.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank sharon m

Well Sharon Mc! We hope this is the first of many visits! And that you will join the ever expanding Costa Sal Family!
I spend a lot of time on this forum. Of course reading and replying to our reviews.
But also reading the reviews from our competitors!
We are always striving to improve our service. From the wonderful reception staff managed by Mercedes, to the Housekeeping managed by Maire. Maintenance By Ceasar. And now the Bar and Restaurant as you pointed out managed by Irene. We all are so proud that we get recognised for our hardworking Team, and reading the comments from most of our competitors ( I say most as not all!) this is what makes us stand out from the crowd.
Irene only joined the team a couple of months ago. And as you rightly point out, she is an asset to the business.
We would all like to thank you for taking the time to share your " Costa Sal Experience" with other future guests.
Without the comments from all our happy holidaymakers, we would not be at the Numebr 1 position on TripAdvisor. So thank you from all the team. See you back soon we hope.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Visted Costa Sal apartments in Matagorda, in Lanzarote recently and was very pleased with everything there.
Everyplace was spotless. We had a two bed apartment with sitting out area to the rear. Full kitchen, spacious sitting room and two nice sized bedrooms but only one bathroom which is not suitable for 4 women getting ready to go out ! Lots of space around the pools and plenty of sunbeds at any time of the day. It is just a few minutes walk off the prom which is beautiful and spotless. The prom has walking and cycling lanes and no traffic, bliss for walkers as you can walk for miles to the right of left and very safe at any time. The main town Porta del Carmen is a 30 minutes pleasant walk, or €3.60 in a taxi, but if you like peace and space go to Matagorda which has a nice selection of pubs and restaurants. Highly recommend Costa Sal and its only 15 minutes from the Airport. The beach is huge and lovely for walking. The cost of living is very reasonable. We had breakfast and lunch in the apartment most days and eat out in the evenings couldnt believe the price of food and drinks. Food in the hotel was lovely and available all day. Wine about a third of the price of home.
The staff was very helpful without been in your face. Yes we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms not a problem as situated back of the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank seater79

Thank you for submitting such a detailed review and sharing it with hopefully lots more of our future Costa Sal guests.
Just to let you know, we do have 4 villa suites which have 2 bedrooms AND 2 bathrooms . And to top that off, they also have a hot tub in the garden! So you might consider this as an option for a future trip with the ladies!
I totally understand that one bathroom for 4 women to get ready is a bit limited!
The other option would be 2 one bed apartments.
if you are coming back, please contact me on geraldine.mcfadden@gmail.com and I can see what I can organise for you.
We are delighted that you found Costa Sal a lovely place to stay and that you were happy with your accommodation and that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant. We do hope you will tell all your friends and family about us and that we will see you back again in the near future.
Thanks again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

just returned from an 11 night stay at the Costa Sal in the Heart of the Whitsun holls , we stay in Puerto del Carmen every year but decided to venture out a little as the reviews of Costa (and the price ) were excellent !!!
Have to say we were a little gutted that we were so far out fron Puerto than we had liked to be but that's no reflection on the review this was our opinion we didn't like Matargorda commercial centre not really family friendly but the centre by the jameos was lovely and bike hire great especially riding right up to the airport, right back to reviewing the costa sa....
Irene, Fiona, Janice, Matt, Dave and of course Mandy and Andy lol TAKE A BOW !!!!!!! (so sorry if i have forgotten anybody ) they are all stars we travelled as a couple with a 7 year old boy and they are all so welcoming, seeing that we realised we were a little further out from puerto than we had liked we decided lets stay put and taste the wares of coopers bar and ZEST oooh my word food morning lunch and night OUTSTANDING as we came with a minimal budget (again our problem ) we found the food prices a bit on the high side but hey we had a fully functional kitchen so we had plenty of options but the food was worth the extra seeing that most years in puerto we would eat cafeteria std so again we paid a bit moer we got a massive upgrade in quality food.
the weather wasn't brill for our 11 nights overcast gales and some rain clearing up towards end of the holls and I would sau sun worshippers costa sal is high up so the winds around the pool area are stronger than lower down closer to the beach, but the weather is the weather and cannot really be guaranteed anywhere so it doesn't come at the cost of the apartments
will I come back Yes do I still love pueto del Carmen main resort OH YES so il have to come back twice lol the reception will be awesome when finished...one criticism tho !!!!!!!
THE SUPERMARKET due to a 20 min round trip to matargorda comm centre spar a day, please nothing wrong with the prices but you need to stock up a little bit more and say stay open until 20.00hrs rather than 19.00 my opinion.....We stayed in room 310 as we didn't like the standard apartment (no sun ) we upgraded ithing it cost £140 but was worth it some get free upgrades but I guess being whitsun it was quite full the superior apartment we had 1st floor looked out at the pool and the restaurant and had the evening sun longer simply awesome
again any negatives on here are only an opinion on what we have tasted b4 on this isle and hey you cant get everything, but costa sal as a complex is absolutely outstanding staff reception cleaners all TAKE A BOW Matargorda we are sorry but we love del Carmen ....But wel be back
but I need to lose weight first lol

Room Tip: superior apartments are a must if you like watching the world go by if not villa or bungs
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank andrewpaul22
Gerhanlon, Commercial Director at Costa Sal Villas and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your very detailed and informative review on this forum. I am sure that many guests will find your comments very helpful. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and maybe next time you come, you can avail of the Zumba classes we have starting next week! To help our guests with their waistlines!!!
We are so proud to read that you found the food outstanding, and that you found it of a high standard.
All the Team were delighted to get a mention and as you can imagine, it makes them very happy to get recognition for their work.
We look forward to seeing you back with us in the future and would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review.
See you soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I have been going to Lanzarote for many years, along with friends. We usually stay in Matagorda as its the quiet side away from PDC but only a 5 euro taxi ride if you want the clubs and bars. For the past eight years we stayed at another apartment complex closer to the airport but over the past two years they have been sold off and not what we have been used to. As it was a special birthday this year for me I was surprised and spoilt to a stay with Costa Sal. As soon as we turned up it was clear that this was a major step up in the quality of our accommodation. Yes there was a lot of restoration work going on in the reception area but this is going to be short term and looking at the plans and artists impressions its going to be fabulous (you can't make omelettes without breaking eggs). As it was a special trip we asked for a first floor room with a sea view and bless them that's exactly what we were given. Facilities within the apartment were first class even though we didn't upgrade to any of their superior accommodation. As we were self catering the 4 ring cooker with oven, fridge & freezer were invaluable. Other items we found useful were the iron & ironing board as well as the usual kettle and toaster. I can't comment at all on the restaurant and only used the bar whilst waiting to get into our apartment as we arrived before midday. The reason was nothing to do with the quality of these facilities but the fact that having been so many times we have loads of friends who run bars & restaurants in the local area. We are already booked to go back to Matagorda in Oct with friends and rate the Costa Sal so highly that we have cancelled the other complex that I mentioned (losing £100 in the process) and rebooked with Costa Sal I think that shows our very favourable impressions of Costa Sal. I can just hear some of you saying "hang on this guy is related to the owner or manager" haha, well I do have a couple of points I ought to mention. We tended to use the bottom pool area and whilst there are almost 60 sunbeds down there only four built in sun shades are available maybe a project to build more would be handy. Also after a very quiet first four days near neighbours came and were obviously big into partying (and I can party with the best of them) but woke us up between 02:00 - 03:00 most mornings with their best impressions of Pickfords removal men, only upside was we were not embarrassed by any amorous nocturnal noises haha. Not the fault of Costa Sal but more the selfish & inconsiderate nature of other guests. Yes I know we could have complained but for good personal reasons we didn't need the stress nor did we want to change our perfect room. So, sorry for "War & Peace" but in summary, Costa Sal in my opinion cannot be bettered and we are looking forward to our return visit in Oct.

Room Tip: If a sea view is high on your list of wants then you can't do better than an apartment in the 40...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brian H

Well we certainly hope this will be the first of many visits to us in Costa Sal!
And what an endorsement that you are willing to loose 100 euro on your holiday that you had already booked to cancel it and come and stay with us in October. Please drop me a line a couple of weeks before ( reminding me of this!) And I will make sure you get a great apartment. My e mail address is geraldine.mcfadden@gmail.com.
I assure all of you reading this review, that I dont think I have even had the pleasure of meeting Brian H! So he is writing this based on his experience. The same as all the other reviews!
You missed out on an experience by not dining with us. So maybe you will give us a try in October. I assure you that you wont be disapointed!
We have only this week ordered 10 more umbrellas for the bottom pool. So on your return you will find plenty of shade. This is something that many people have commented on, and we have at long last got around to rectifying this issue.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write and share your lovely review on this forum. We are delighted that it sounds like you are now a Costa Sal Convert! And that you will not be part of the ever increasing Costa Sal family. See you in October. And dont forget to mail me first!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent Whitsun week in Lanzarote at Costa Sal. weather was ok, sunny spells and scattered clouds, could have stayed home :) temp was 21 to 25 deg C. We went self catering in a 2 bed bungalow. There was work going on in the reception but this did not spoil the holiday. Bungalow, complex, staff all clean, friendly and couldn't do enough to help. We used the tennis and padel courts a number of times in addition to the 2 swimming pools. We booked through Thomson, the rep was good but excursion prices pricey. so with 2 kids of 11 and 6 went on the submarine at Puerto Calero, Timanfaya (fire mountain) and The Green Caves. Latter 2 booked through the reception with last minute transfer. Would recommend all 3. As a young family we preferred the resort of Matagorda rather than Puerto del Carmen which was too touristy and busy for us. It's near the airport and you see the planes land but doesn't distract from the holiday. enjoy

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pj9337

HAppy Kids means Happy Parents! And we are so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Costa Sal.
This summer, we are going to have some activities organised for the kids . And maybe some time for Mums and Dads to eat alone in the evening with supervised dining for the kiddies, followed by a movie and games. So next time you come back, we hope to have even more for your kids.
Thank you for taking time to write your lovely review. We hope you will come and visit us again in the very near future. And in the meantime, please spread the word!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just back from another great holiday in Costa Sal. We have been going there for the past 14years. The minute you walk in the door you are spoiled with the fantastic staff, food , apartments etc .You can go to mass every Sunday in the Costa Sal if u wish. Many Thanks to all the lads will see ye in the near future Catriona Co. Tipperary.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Catriona K
Gerhanlon, Director of Sales at Costa Sal Villas and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I always get great pleasure reading the reviews that our wonderful guests write. As do all the Team.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are delighted you enjoyed another stay with us, and that you feel so at home in Costa Sal.
I think what we have created in Costa Sal , is a home from home. And our Costa Sal Family is growing by the day.
We would all like to say a special Thank you to you, and all our guests who take the time out to write about their experience with us.
It is because of you all, that we have hit the Number 1 spot here on TripAdivsor in Puerto del Carmen. And the Number 2 spot on the island. We hope to very soon hit that overall Number 1 spot!
And with the help of our happy guests, I dont think it is far off!
We are glad that you brought to the attention of readers of this forum that we now have mass in Costa Sal on Sunday evenings.
Many of our guests have found this a great service and people come from surrounding hotels and complexes to attend.
Carlsberg don't make hotel guests! But if they did, I know they would be the wonderful guests we get at Costa Sal.
A big thank you from us all and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.