“Great base to explore Lanzarote”

Costa Sal Villas and Suites
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have recently returned from a 7 night stay as the Costa Sal Aparthotel and can only give praise. The hotel is only a 10 min cab ride from the airport which was 10 euros. The complex is situated on the outskirts of Puerto Del Carmen (About 40 min walk or 5 min taxi ride) although there are plenty of local bars, restaurants and a couple of Spar supermarkets within a 10 min walk and there's a hotel supermarket on site (which was expensive) I found the hotel gardens and outdoor swimming pool (which was cold) very well maintained although there were reception refurbishments going on throughout my stay. This did not hamper my holiday experience. The rooms were very roomy, clean and comfortable although we had to buy our own toiletries as the hotel do not supply these amenities. The hotel staff were very polite and helpful. In conclusion, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again when I visit Lanzarote.

1  Thank PhilipCooper

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our 4th time staying here and each time gets better.

Staff go above and beyond their call of duty in this complex and nothing is a problem. Right from the start, before we even got there I contacted Geraldine and asked for a specific apartment (I travelled with my elderly mother and needed an apartment near reception and pool) and she organised it for me.

On arrival Paulina is a sight for sore eyes after our long journey and is so helpful and corteous and always has a lovely smile for you.

The apartment was out of this world and well equipped. Apartment also had air con which was welcome.

I ate here a few times and can highly recommend the food. The barbecue night was great and the food was delicious.The staff in the restaurant were also really nice and always gave service with a smile.

There was however one thing I'd like to mention and it's the pool, it was extremely cold. I could not get into it at all. Maybe if it could be heated a little? I noticed it wasn't only me with the problem as around the pool was always packed with people but nobody was in the pool.

This didn't take away though from the lovely time we had here. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be returning next year.

Many thanks Costa Sal for a lovely relaxing break!!

See you next year!

L

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for a week in a two bedroom bungalow. For the price we paid we got everything that was needed and more. The bungalow although a little tired (I’m guessing a refurb will happen in due course like the rest of the complex) was pretty big and the kitchen was well equipped and even washing up liquid and a sponge was provided.
If you need anything a SPAR is only a 5 minute walk away or there is a small shop on the lower ground floor.

We ate out a number of times at various restaurants (again not far to walk) but found that the food at Costa Sal was a whole lot better so we always kept coming back to eat there. I was a particular fan of their steak burger special.
We travelled with our two children (1yr and3yr) and they had a great time in the kiddie’s pool and at the beach which is only a five minute walk away. The bungalow is the only type that has a bath which is why we chose it over the other apartments, plus it has its own air con unit which was a blessing.

The staff were always very pleasant and extremely helpful and I don’t think you can get anywhere as good/nice for the price than staying here.

5  Thank ChampagneLife2010
Reviewed 30 June 2014

stayed at the costa sal apts for two weeks 12 june till the 26 june standard one bed apt.
on arrival the reception was in a state of a major refurb we were a party of four adults and did not let this put us of the rest of the complex.We were put in apts 405 and 406 the apts were roomy and clean and we were all pleased with them.The zest restaurant is really good the staff all of them r fantastic including the bar staff as well,the food is excellent and priced quite well.The best nights r sunday the roast lamb is great also tuesday night is agood night barbaque night.The down side that spoilt everything for us was that we had 4 days of disruption on the 17june till the 20 june we had refurb work going on in both our apts from 10.30 am till 7.0 pm ie changing furniture electrical work and drilling holes to take new mirrors and pictures .No sooner had this finished then the work started around the pool area to demolish the outside bar/cafe with dust every where. I no maintanance work has to be done but these areas should have been closed down that is the apts concerned and the pool area.THIS was my 2 weeks of rest away from work and i expected a peaceful time i did not want to hear the sounds of hammer drills ,phuematic picks and sledge hammers for days on end.To top it all on the day we left we were unable to keep our rooms on till 6pm as our pick up was 7.15 pm and with reception and surrounding areas been refurbished there is no facilities to rest up to await your bus

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank joanlil
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Amazing value! We stayed for one week with our son, wife and grandchildren. There are some essentials on a holiday: The hotel is clean - it was immaculate; good food - the best in Matagorda; comfortable beds - they were very comfortable; hot water when you want it - there was; friendly, helpful staff - all of them were, all the time; good value - it is! If you want a week of sun with no stress, you could not beat it at the price. I note a few others negative comments. We had none of those problems. I would thoroughly recommend this Aparthotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Gerhanlon, Commercial Director at Costa Sal Villas and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay with us in Costa Sal. I am so glad we ticked all the boxes for you.Something we strive to do. We are delighted you enjoyed everything about your stay. and we hope you spread the word about us to your friends and family!

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in June, for 2 weeks. On arrival the first thing I saw was cockroaches, so I didn't know what to expect. But to be fair the rooms where spotless, and maids where in 5 days a week making beds, sweeping floors, changing towels. So I was very relieved. No complaints there.

Disappointed about air con, The only reason we choose the costa sal over another one was because the costa sal said it had air con. However when we arrived, we where informed that the air con only goes on July-sept. So we weren't too pleased. We always have air con as can't sleep without it. Rooms where far too hot, and with the windows open at night, it was too noisy to sleep. They should make it clearer that air con is only available at certain times. The hotels location wasn't the greatest. It was 30-45 minutes from Puerto del carmen (walking) and therefor had we known it didn't have air con. We would have booked the hotel we where originally going to book that also didn't have air con, but was in the main resort, so better location. As where the costa sal is, is matagorda. A bit too isolated for us. It had a few restaurants and shops. But for a 2 week holiday. It soon got boring. The taxis where cheaper than the buses though. Between 3-4 euros to the main town. Well worth checking it out as it's much cheaper, and a lot more choice.

We also had to move apartments during our stay due to noise, noise from inconsiderate neighbours above us, kept us up all night, then builders kept us up all morning with building work going on in the apartment next door. However moving was no hassle, when we asked to switch we actually got moved to a better apartment which looked more modern (no patio furniture sofas) and this one had a bed for my son. As for some reason the first apartment we where in only had 2 single beds, (we booked for 3 people) so my son had to sleep on a sofa that looked more like patio furniture. If there was a 3rd adult and not a child with us, I don't know how they would have slept on it for 2 weeks. It was wooden so not comfortable at all.

Lots of work going on, they where putting new furniture in the apartments that we got moved too. However in my opinion the first apartment we where in needed it far more.

Restaurant staff where great couldn't be any more helpful, an asset to costa sal. (Reception staff could learn a thing or two from them) and the food itself was outstanding. My favourite meals where ate at the hotel. The Sunday roast & BBQ night is a must. Not to be missed.(Advised to put your name down early) we saw a lot of guests being turned away as they where fully booked.

One of my main issues was the wifi. A lot of hotels offer this for free or at a small cost at most. Costa sal want 30 euros per week, per DEVICE. In my opinion a complete rip off. It's pure greed. Considering it struggled to get a connection most of the time.

I also agree with other reviews about the sunbeds. It states they can't be reserved, however most mornings the beds would have towels on them but no guests. Not once did I see staff move any of the towels. For hours most of the beds lay empty with just a towel. It wouldn't be hard to send someone round the pools every hour and remove the towels. Why have rules if your not going to enforce them? However the beach is a 5 minute walk away. Very windy. Never been on a beach like it. With every gust of wind your covered from head to toe in sand. And there's a lot of wind.

Overall it was ok. I wouldn't rush back. Mainly because of the location. If you've booked, you won't be disappointed. A holidays what you make of it.

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Costa Sal to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. On arrival we were given an upgrade to a superior apartment. We stayed in room 102 which was on the 1st floor and had a pool and sea views. We had sun on the balcony from early morning till late afternoon. The apartment was newly furnished and had a comfortable sofa with scatter cushions. It had a wood effect floor and the rug, table lamp, flat screen TV & coffee table which added to the comfort. The kitchen had the usual kettle & toaster but the microwave had a grill as well. The cooker had 4 rings with an oven grill and the fridge freezer was a very good size. The beds were very comfy and the maid service was 5 days per week. On arrival the maid had decorated the coffee table with a swan made from a towel and decorated it with flowers and had made a smaller one in the bathroom which we thought was a lovely touch. The cleaning was of a very high standard. We did not eat in the restaurant but had a few drinks in the bar. The staff were very happy and nothing was too much trouble for them.
We did get out and about using the local bus which stopped on the main road outside the apartments visiting Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca and Arrecife. We also walked along the costal path to Playa Honda which passes in front of the airport which was quite an experience with the aeroplanes coming in to land flying low over our heads!!.
I would like to thank Geraldine and all the staff at the Costa Sal for a wonderful holiday and even though it was our first visit I'm sure that it won't be our last.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple