We have travelled to Lanzarote a few times now and our favourite area would have to be Matagorda which is located a few kilometres from the main area of Peurto del Carmen. This end of the resort is flatter, has a lovely promenade leading in both directions and has a much quieter and more relaxing feel. We have always wanted to try the Nautilus, I am an avid Tripadvisor fan and consult it wherever I am going, and the reviews for the Nautilus are always excellent so we decided to give it a go. We also got a very good deal through Hotelopia.ie which we use a lot for booking hotels.
On arrival at the hotel, Ernest met us and knew our names! He was so friendly and welcoming, it really was a nice touch. We were also allowed to check out our room as it was being cleaned and was to be ready in 45 mins. This was not a problem for us as it was only gone 11 so we popped up to family staying in the area.
Our bungalow was number 9 right in front of the pool. Absolutely lovely. Very clean. Comfortable sofa and flat screen tv. We had two bedrooms, (had requested a pool view, not realising only 2 beds face the pool) both of them very bright, clean and fresh.
The kitchen area was more than adequate with a 4 ring hob and oven, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, microwave and all the usual pots and pans etc including an iron.
Lovely seating area between kitchen and living area.
The highlight for me was all the windows contributing to a very airy, bright and fresh stay.
Our outside patio was lovely with 2 sun loungers and patio table and chairs. Directly facing the ladder of the pool! which I am ashamed to say we did not use as it seemed cold. However having said that there were people much older than myself and the husband who put us to shame by swimming daily. Fair play to them!!
The weather was mixed during our week but when the sun came out it was glorious and very hot and divine to sit on the patio in such a tranquil setting. There was honestly no noise, it was pure bliss, airplanes overhead of course but that is why we enjoy Matagorda for the plane spotting amongst other things.
The maid service was very good, I had thought from reading the welcome pack that it was only 2-3 times a week, but it was most days and I did not always leave a tip because I didn't know they were coming, but I think I got them 3 times so don't feel so bad.
Me being me can never relax when on holiday and having hired a car for the week from Cabrera Medina, we spent every day on one end of the island or another.
Any way we are going back to Lanzarote on the 12th December for 6 nights and I really do hope we will stay in the Nautilus again. It is slightly more pricey than others in the area but having stayed in the Sol Hotel, the Gaviotas and Costa Sal to name a few there is no comparison. Absolutely fantastic accomodation in a very peaceful and serene setting. They would be perfect for a stay of 3-4 weeks if I was so lucky!
The clientele appeared to be in the older age bracket but then it is school time and few kids were seen for the whole week. Ernest allowed us to have a peek at their Artists Bungalow which was right up my sreet I have to say and I will probably stay sometime but for now I will most likely book again through Hotelopia as they do the best price and as we are going again so soon and so close to Christmas we need to keep the price as low as we can.
Overall we were very impressed with the Nautilus and visitors who dropped into us were similarly impressed. We did not go for the breakfast option but it looked cosy. There is no restaurant or bar on site but the main shopping centre with restaurants and bars galore is just a few minutes walk literally. As is the beach and promenade.
Thanks to all the staff for a great week and we hope to see you again in December.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort includes single and double apartments (47 of them mobility-friendly). You will enjoy a qualified service in an exceptionally quiet environment, environmentally friendly and with original works of art present both in common areas and in every apartments. Two acclimatised swimming pools (one for small children, the other equipped with a water-powered lift for 120kg) and Breakfast and take away food are also at our clients' disposal. We also have a apartments known as "Casa del Artista", specifically adapted for the needs of artists that contribute to our varied collection of works of art. You can enjoy long walks or bike-rides in the avenue bordering the beaches, as well as all shopping and entertainment options offered by Puerto del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Nautilus Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nautilus Bungalows Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Bungalows Lanzarote
- Nautilus Resort Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen