“Something for the disabled at last” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nautilus Lanzarote
Ranked #4 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Newry, United Kingdom
“Something for the disabled at last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Hello
having stayed in bungalows nearby for one week we were told to get out at around 11 o'clock and our flight wasn't until nine o'clock that evening we had nowhere to go so lady told me to go round the corner and have a look at the Nautilus oh my God was my first impression I didn't think there was a complex in Lanzarote that could do so much for the disabled unfortunately for me I only had the pleasure of one day wife has a walking disability and a wheelchair we hired out a scooter the ramps this complex is perfect for any disability the bungalows are huge and air conditioning in rooms and very modern most of my holidays in Lanzarote have been a huge problem for anyone with disabilities I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future I would also like to wish the staff at this complex to keep up these standards all the best ellen

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank teatop
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Dear Ellen,
Thanks for you’re wishing for all the staff, we really appreciate that.
And for sure we will try very hard to keep our standards as now.
Is a pity you found us on your last day, but we will be really glad to welcome you in Nautilus Lanzarote next time, when you will contact us directly to do the reservation next time, please note that not all the apartments have Air Conditioning, please let us know when you reserve that you like an A/C adapted apartment, as you know we have quite a lot of free service as Wi-Fi we will send you all the list when you wish.
We really hope to see you soon in Nautilus and remember in 2012 we will be close from 01/05/12 until 14/06/12.
From all the staff, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Leda Giordano Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed for a week with my partner in Bungalows Nautilus, and I am extremely happy with everything the place had to provide. It was very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and it was quiet but still close to bars and restaurants and night life.
We had a very relaxing time there and we also enjoyed a few nights out in some of the pubs close by and restaurants recommended by the staff.
The location is very good as being slightly out of the main area of Peurto del Carmen, with a lovely beach and promenade and a very relaxed feel.
Also the place is environment friendly which is great in my opinion.
I would highly recommend, for families, elderly, and as in my case a relaxing and enjoyable time with my partner.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lucile J
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice words about Nautilus Lanzarote, the staff and the area of Matagorda, and for sure to recommended to all, is really nice to know that your stay with us was peaceful and relaxing.
Housekeeping does cleaning 6times a week and change towels 3days a week. All the apartments are equipped with environment-friendly soap, hairdryer, etc. As you wrote the area is peaceful but you are only 5minutes walking to shopping centre of Matagorda next to the seaside .
We wish you choose to come in Nautilus Lanzarote again ad please if you have any request please contact us directly.
Best regards from all the staff.

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

We have travelled to Lanzarote a few times now and our favourite area would have to be Matagorda which is located a few kilometres from the main area of Peurto del Carmen. This end of the resort is flatter, has a lovely promenade leading in both directions and has a much quieter and more relaxing feel. We have always wanted to try the Nautilus, I am an avid Tripadvisor fan and consult it wherever I am going, and the reviews for the Nautilus are always excellent so we decided to give it a go. We also got a very good deal through Hotelopia.ie which we use a lot for booking hotels.
On arrival at the hotel, Ernest met us and knew our names! He was so friendly and welcoming, it really was a nice touch. We were also allowed to check out our room as it was being cleaned and was to be ready in 45 mins. This was not a problem for us as it was only gone 11 so we popped up to family staying in the area.
Our bungalow was number 9 right in front of the pool. Absolutely lovely. Very clean. Comfortable sofa and flat screen tv. We had two bedrooms, (had requested a pool view, not realising only 2 beds face the pool) both of them very bright, clean and fresh.
The kitchen area was more than adequate with a 4 ring hob and oven, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, microwave and all the usual pots and pans etc including an iron.
Lovely seating area between kitchen and living area.
The highlight for me was all the windows contributing to a very airy, bright and fresh stay.
Our outside patio was lovely with 2 sun loungers and patio table and chairs. Directly facing the ladder of the pool! which I am ashamed to say we did not use as it seemed cold. However having said that there were people much older than myself and the husband who put us to shame by swimming daily. Fair play to them!!
The weather was mixed during our week but when the sun came out it was glorious and very hot and divine to sit on the patio in such a tranquil setting. There was honestly no noise, it was pure bliss, airplanes overhead of course but that is why we enjoy Matagorda for the plane spotting amongst other things.
The maid service was very good, I had thought from reading the welcome pack that it was only 2-3 times a week, but it was most days and I did not always leave a tip because I didn't know they were coming, but I think I got them 3 times so don't feel so bad.
Me being me can never relax when on holiday and having hired a car for the week from Cabrera Medina, we spent every day on one end of the island or another.
Any way we are going back to Lanzarote on the 12th December for 6 nights and I really do hope we will stay in the Nautilus again. It is slightly more pricey than others in the area but having stayed in the Sol Hotel, the Gaviotas and Costa Sal to name a few there is no comparison. Absolutely fantastic accomodation in a very peaceful and serene setting. They would be perfect for a stay of 3-4 weeks if I was so lucky!
The clientele appeared to be in the older age bracket but then it is school time and few kids were seen for the whole week. Ernest allowed us to have a peek at their Artists Bungalow which was right up my sreet I have to say and I will probably stay sometime but for now I will most likely book again through Hotelopia as they do the best price and as we are going again so soon and so close to Christmas we need to keep the price as low as we can.
Overall we were very impressed with the Nautilus and visitors who dropped into us were similarly impressed. We did not go for the breakfast option but it looked cosy. There is no restaurant or bar on site but the main shopping centre with restaurants and bars galore is just a few minutes walk literally. As is the beach and promenade.
Thanks to all the staff for a great week and we hope to see you again in December.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank hotredhead
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Respuesta:
Dear Guest,
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks to decided to give us a go.
It is a pleasure when people leave their positive comments on tripadvice about us and the area of Matagorda .
We always try very hard to please all our guest and meet your expectations that is why we implement different service as free Wi-Fi , IP TV, with a big selections of channels from English to Russian .
As you write the area of Matagorda improve all the service from restaurant to supermarket and you can find everything five minute from Nautilus Lanzarote ,as you guess ,all the two bedroomed are in the pool area apart 4 that are garden sight as the one bedroom , the cleaning service is 6x7 and the change of towel are 3 times a week .
We really hope to to welcoming you back in Lanzarote in December.
All the best from all the staff .

Best wishes,
northern ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Returned 10 days ago from my third visit to the Nautilus and will definitely go back again. Superb facilities for wheelchair users - esp the bathrooms (roll in shower and plenty of sturdy grab rails) and access to pool (very simple to use the hoist yourself). Having a well-stocked supermarket on site is also a great bonus. Like a lot of disabled people, I like to be as independent as possible and, in the Nautilus, I can do everything for myself without assistance. There are a few steep-ish ramps in the complex tho where some in manual wheelchairs may like a bit of a push but if no-one is about you can (just) manage on your own. It is a perfect place for those who use electric scooters! There is a good turning circle in the bathroom for manual wheelchair users and there is a (wide) sliding door which is great; those who need to use an electric wheelchair in the bathroom may want to check the dimensions directly with the Nautilus. A lot of the apartments are adapted for disabled people so that gives extra peace of mind when booking. In addition, all terraces come with sun loungers as well as a table and chairs. Mattresses are available to hire at a resonable price. Towels are also available so that saves room in your luggage. The surrounding area is also accessible by wheelchair. Any steep gradients can either be avoided - or conquered as you wish! A few minutes brings you to a promenade which now goes for kms in both directions. There is also a commerical centre a few minutes away which (thankfully) offers an adequate number of bars and restaurants. But make no mistake - this is a very quiet area. The only noise you will hear is of a plane taking off or landing at the nearby airport. This is more interesting than intrusive. And if you go along the promenade, you reach a point where you are right underneath the aircraft as they land!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank margare52t
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate that you took the time to write about us. Certainly, the area of Matagorda offers a wide range of Restaurants, Bars, and all kind of shops within few minutes from Nautilus Lanzarote. We appreciate that you find Nautilus Lanzarote a perfect place for wheelchair users. We have put our best efforts in making our resort as accessible and barrier-free as possible so you can be able to come and enjoy with out any problems as the other Gusts already do. We consider it’s our duty to offer the best possible service in order to have our guest feel as comfortable as possible and it’s a pleasure to know that we met your need.
All the Staff is looking forward to welcoming you back in Nautilus Lanzarote.
Leda Giordano Manager
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We have recently stayed at the bungalows and we found them to a good clean standard with all you need for a relaxing stay ,my husband is disabled and uses a wheelchair the complex is completely geared up for this type of customer , the grounds are great with some nice art and sculptures around with a low level unobtrusive layout the staff are friendly and helpful and the whole complex is immaculately clean , the access a bility of the stairs into the pool or the hydraulic hoist adds so much needed independence to people who may need it , we both indulged in a massage during our stay which was lovely and relaxing,the resort of matagorda is perfect for getting about whatever your range of mobility , ramps are sometimes a little steep but almost everywhere is accessible and you have the beauty of the long , flat promenade which is great to be able to stretch my legs as well as easy to push the wheelchair on , all in all because of all the positives we shall more than likely return as we are assured of a great complex and a nice resort that is accessible and therefore able to be enjoyed by all.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oldfieldg
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Dear guest,
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. After reforming works the complex is more accessible for wheelchair users (reception area, lift, ramps and extra service for excursion or equipment etc..)
Nautilus Lanzarote as got the certification of Accessibility and Adaptability in the category of Adapted. Art is relevant here 490 piece of art, so you can enjoy the beauty of felling to be in an open museum. Is nice to her that you liked the pool area with hydraulic hoist, the staff works every day to offer you the best facilities.Matagorda area is very quiet, relaxing and peaceful, and the beach promenade is just 50metres from Nautilus Lanzarote .
We hope to see you soon in Nautilus Lanzarote ,a million of thanks from all the staff.
Best regards,
Kerry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband, two year old son and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Bungalows Nautilus in Matagorda, Lanzarote. It was our second time staying there and we can't say enough about the place. Clean, quiet, well maintained, close to beach and amenities and staff all very friendly. The bungalows are cleaned fairly regularly with fresh linen and clean towels changed most days. There is a supermarket onsite which is a bit expensive but cheaper ones are not far. There are a couple of old computers if you want to check your mail or surf the net but they are a bit ancient. In fairness though the complex has free Wifi and these days most people bring a laptop or have a smartphone so it's no big deal. We didn't have breakfast included this time but we did the last time and the food was reasonable and there was plenty of it. The pool is beautiful and the pool area too. Every morning the whole place is scrubbed and cleaned by what seemed like an army of people. There are a good number of very good restaurants in Matagorda itself but if you fancy heading of over to Puerto del Carmen, a cab ride will cost you around 5.00 euro. Check out an excellent Indian restaurant - can't remember the name - but it is a few metres down the street from the Bioshere Shopping Centre in PDC on the left hand side on the corner. Best Indian food I've ever had!! All around the Nautilus there is beautiful artwork and sculptures and each apartment has several original paintings which is a nice touch. There was not a whole lot of families there - a few - but mostly older couples and retired people. Still they do a small playground and some crazy golf for the older ones. We love and hope to return!

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a pool side apartment.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you enjoy again your holiday in Nautilus Lanzarote
The new services we have implemented as Wi-Fi and IP TV, with a large selection of channels are free us you know ,about the computers in the internet area we already speak with the company that provide them to Nautilus we hope to change them as soon .
We hope to surprise you with some new Artworks when you visit us again and for sure with a better internet point if possible.
Best regards from all the staff of Nautilus Lanzarote
Dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was our first holiday in Lanzarote and we went with My disabled father-in-law who has difficulty walking. We booked through Enable holidays and after reading trip adviser decided to go to Nautilus Bungalows. We were not disappointed. We had a two bedroomed, two bathroomed superior poolside bungalow - no 24. From arrival to departure, the hospitality and friendship of the staff (reception in particular) was exceptional. Our bungalow was modern, spacious and everything you could ask for. The poolside area was immaculately kept at all times and the complex itself was very quiet and peaceful. This is one of the best places we have stayed in the Canary Islands and we will definitely return and have already recommended it to many of our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside bungalow.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Dear Guests,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about us. We are very glad that you noticed our efforts to make our guests feel like at home, to come back in Nautilus Lanzarote you can contact us directly and we will be pleased to give you all the information you need for your accommodation, transport or other service that you may need .

All the Best for you and your family.
Leda Giordano
Hipotels La Geria
#10 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,491 reviews
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort

Been to Nautilus Lanzarote? Share your experiences!