This is the first time I have stayed at Nautilus. It will not be the last.
I holidayed here from 4 July for 2 weeks with my wife & two adult children, one of whom is disabled. After a short taxi ride from the airport I was delighted with what I saw on arrival. What an absolutely beautiful place. Very friendly, multi-lingual staff at Reception welcomed us and made us feel at home straight away. Our adapted apartment was about 15 metres away from Reception and adjacent to the large "figure of 8" shaped swimming pool. The two bedroomed apartment was superbly equipped with everything yo need. It had the medical appliances necessary for my son to be able to feel comfortable and safe.
Our customary "explore" of the site showed that all areas are accessible by gentle slopes although the "crazy golf" does require some steep stepping and is not really friendly to those with walking difficulties. The site is quite small. I think there are only about 70 apartments altogether so it has a very peaceful feel to the place.
The complex is about 100 metres away from the seafront and the "commercial centre". The centre has a good selection of restaurants and bars. There are two well stocked supermarkets and a selection of "souvenir" type shops.
The delightful seafront area is a flat promenade alongside the many beaches stretching all the way from Arrecife to the old town at Puerto Del Carmen.
Back to the Nautilus - the swimming pool is the centrepiece here. There are step ladders and also Roman steps with handrail. There is also a hoist giving pool access to those with mobility issues. My son loved this & it was one of his highlights of his holiday. The water is maintained at a constant 22 degrees C and does feel a bit "fresh" when you first get in - but you quickly get used to it. There is also a separate "paddling pool". There are ample sunbeds and parasols around the pool area.
The site has a small poolside cafe where they serve breakfasts, snacks and meals until the early afternoon. There is also an on-site supermarket which was great for buying the heavier items e.g. water etc.
My highlight of the holiday was to sit on our patio listening to the silence. I couldn't get over how quiet it was (my son also commented as to how quiet it was).
My disabled son had the misfortune of being poorly during the holidays & I cannot praise that staff enough for the help they gave us.
To summarise - a great place if you are, or have someone with mobility issues. It is also popular for the able bodied as well. There is a good mixture here. It is probably not suitable if you want an action packed, partying type of holiday.
Thank you Leda and all the staff for a truly lovely holiday.
I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort includes single and double apartments (47 of them mobility-friendly). You will enjoy a qualified service in an exceptionally quiet environment, environmentally friendly and with original works of art present both in common areas and in every apartments. Two acclimatised swimming pools (one for small children, the other equipped with a water-powered lift for 120kg) and Breakfast and take away food are also at our clients' disposal. We also have a apartments known as "Casa del Artista", specifically adapted for the needs of artists that contribute to our varied collection of works of art. You can enjoy long walks or bike-rides in the avenue bordering the beaches, as well as all shopping and entertainment options offered by Puerto del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Nautilus Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nautilus Bungalows Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Bungalows Lanzarote
- Nautilus Resort Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen