“Fabulous”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is an excellent place to take children I took my 3 with their grandparents in June ,it islovely and flat for buggys and wheelchairs,2 lovely pools accommodation is A1,& the staff all go out of their way to look after you,myself & the children would certainly like to visit again and my mother n law visits twice a year

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mandy L
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your very nice words about us.
It is our priority to offer the best possible service to have any kind of needs met. Families too!!.
For those who bring their children we recommend our Superior and Superior XL apartments because of its closeness to the swimming pool.
If you are planning to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will do our best to meet any queries you might have.
In the meantime, we send you our best regards.
Leda Giordano - Nautilus Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I booked a standard room for myself and my wife. A few days prior to our departure to Lanzarote, I rang the Nautilus reception to get clarification on some aspects of our booking. The receptionist told me that the system was shut down and would be unable to answer all my queries at that time. I should have rung again the following morning but I did not. When we did travel to Lanzarote, it was early evening when we arrived at the Nautilus and first impressions were good. Reception area nice, bright and clean. Receptionist (Marina) very pleasant and professional. We were given keys to our bungalow and made our way there. Grounds well maintained and attractive. When we opened door to our accommodation, our reaction was total disappointment. The apartment was so small and the bedroom with two single beds was really only suitable for two children. It was not what I had expected. We returned to reception and spoke with Marina expressing our concerns. She was very sympathetic. I asked for a different and larger accommodation. She offered us another bungalow which was larger but also advised that it would involve extra charge of over €20 per day. As we had no intention of staying in the first bungalow, we went and inspected the second one. It was a two bed and much brighter and more comfortable. Despite the extra cost, we took it. After our first day, I still felt somewhat disappointed that (a) my initial contact by 'phone with the Nautilus had been so unsatisfactory (b) first room we booked was so small (c) extra charge for accommodation and (d) poor internet access. I returned to reception, complained and spoke with Leda who seems to be the manager. She could not have been nicer. She told me that bungalows at the Nautilus are different in layout/design/furnishings and actually showed me several of them. They were all 2 bedroomed and were gorgeous. Internet access was fixed and gift of bottle of wine/confectionery was very thoughtful and kind. So, despite a shaky start, we went on to have a very enjoyable stay at the Nautilus. I recommend it highly
The accommodation we finally had (2 bed superior) was very well equipped. One of the best we have stayed in. The water in the pool was cold but then again it was November!. Shop in the resort was convenient, reasonably well stocked and as you would expect slightly more expensive than the local Spar. The Nautilus is close to beautiful promenade which runs all the way from Puerto Carmen to Arrecife. Perfect for walking/cycling. There is a small shopping centre within ten minute walk where there are 6 or more pubs/restaurants offering dining options. It is close to Arrecife airport and taxi fare costs no more than €10. All in all, excellent.
Would I return?. Yes, (in a heartbeat!!).

1 Thank jjwals
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks to post your honest review, as you told me .
We are very sorry that you haven't been entirely satisfied with us at first look . Our standard one bedroom apartment measures 55 square metres while the two bedroom superior measures 70 and the one you choose was pool view, so the difference is really noticeable. Now that you know much more about us and our diffrent apartment types and we know about your wishes I know that on your next visit in January we will fulfil your needs from the very beginning.
Until then, we send you our kindest wishes .
Cork
Reviewed 26 November 2013

On our recent visit to the Nautilus we were delighted to be given a two bedroom bungalow even though there was only the two of us - (because it was off-season we were told). The rooms were of a good size with plenty of storage, and spotlessly clean with daily cleaning service. The kitchen had everything you would need for a self catering holiday. I would have liked a dressing table of some type in the bedroom, the bed was very comfortable, but some might find it a little hard. It was nice to have our own terrace with sun loungers and brolly. Pool was heated, but a little cold.

There were only a couple of things that prevented my from marking this accommodation 5 star, mainly the very poor internet connection and the terrible English language TV channels available, one would think that by now the Irish and British visitors would be catered for better in this regard not only in the Nautilus but in other accommodation in Lanzarote. SKY News, BBC World News and the Horror channel............yes the horror channel which only showed rubbish from the 70's. The accommodation is located a few min walk from a centre with pubs, supermarket and restaurants with many more a little further along the sea front.

I do recommend the Nautilus for a lovely relaxing holiday, in lovely surroundings.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C so I would advise requesting one that does during the summer. But not a probl...
1 Thank noelleb
LedaGiordano, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you for posting your opinion in Tripadvisor.
We are sorry to read that your overall satisfaction wasn't at its best.
It is a fact that the wireless internet conection could definetly be better, we absolutely agree with you , Internet connection in the Island is not the best but this is an issue we are willing to improve . Just so you know if you need our cooperation for working and urgent matter we have the possibility to help you with a connection just for you , but please let us know before your arrival , the selection of TV channels in each and every language might not be as wide as you probably thought it was. We have a sellection of TV Channels in many languages from English to Russian, among so many different channels in the package maybe you missed your favourites, all our TV have a USB entrance so you can bring a portable memory with films next time .
In the meantime we send you our kindest wishes and thank you one again to give us your honest opinion to improve our service .
We really hope to welcoming you back in Nautilus Lanzarote.
ireland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have never written a review for an hotel before and should really have done this sooner.. my husband and I spent 17 wonderful days enjoying the ambience of 'The Nautilus' in September which we are still reliving and talking about and now feeling the stirrings for the need of another visit! .............. The grounds are meticulously kept and a pleasure to stay in, everyone is so friendly and helpful from maintenance, maids, reception and up to management.
I have been wheelchair bound for sometime now and have never felt so comfortable and inconspicuous anywhere on holiday, I usually feel the odd one out, it was so liberating to be able to whizz around in the chair from the bungalow down the gradual turquoise ramps to the totally wheelchair friendly, well stocked supermarket via the generous sized lift. Then off on my own along the smooth wide promenade up to Los Picollos for some retail therapy also to go out with friends made at the Nautilus too, leaving my (carer) husband to have some well deserved rest for a change!
I have always, up until being disabled, spent a lot of time in swimming pools so once again I was so happy to be able to do so again by using the pool chair to get in and out of the water just when I wished. It felt so good being able to have exercises in the water with
the guidance of a professional aerobic instructor too! The poolside disabled shower room after the swim is an extra bonus, what more can anyone wish for plus plenty of restaurants and continual sunshine! We were up the hill in no.58 a lovely garden setting with a view and very quiet, but it would be nice to be near the pool as well. Looking forward to our next visit...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank mkmIreland
Dear guest,
Thank you for posting your opinion about us. Is really special for us when our guest talks about their first time with us. We are very happy that we reached your expectations and you and your husband enjoyed your stay.
For your next reservation, if there is somethis we can arrange for you (such as adapted transfers or equippment) just let us know before hand and we will be glad. You just need to contact us .
We are looking forward to see you soon.
All the best.
yorkshire
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is our third visit to the nautilus , which if you are reading this should tell you all you need to know , as ever the apartment was spotlessly clean well equipped and comfortable , transfers again arranged by the nautilus smooth and efficient despite a hold up at the airport with luggage problems , staff welcoming and friendly. Again all you need for the disabled and able bodied alike The addition of a disabled loo in the commercial precinct was much appreciated and some more newer ramps to boot , see you next year.

Dear Guest,
First fo all we thank for choosing us once again and for your kind words.
We are looking forward to welcoming you next year and please, anything we can arrange for you just let us know.
For now we all send you our warmest greetings.
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I have been to Lanzarote many times over the past 20 years and have only just found Nautilus! We arrived early in the day on 20th October 2013, to a very warm welcome and found a super, spacious apartment waiting for us. The location is quiet, within easy walking distance of all the amenities in Matagorda. There is also a well stocked supermarket on site and a reliable computer facility ( as well as free wifi, which we found rather intermittent at best). Maid service was second to none and reception was very helpful at all times. The weather was also extremely good for the time of year. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to writing down your opinion about Nautilus Lanzarote.
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are always happy to know you were satisfied.
We really hope to welcoming you back soon in Nautilus Lanzarote.
Kindest wishes.
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

As a regular visitor to Lanzarote I can honestly say that the Nautilus is by far the best complex I have stayed in. Travelling with my disabled husband and daughter the complex is just what we needed. The staff are so very helpful and friendly, the supermarket is disabled friendly and the whole complex is peaceful and beautifully clean, even down to the hand rails which shine every morning!.
This is the first place we have come across that is so easy to get around in a wheelchair. Easy to access the small complex of restaurants in the promenade and we even managed to get my hubby on a tourist bike with the help of the staff in the bike shop. Nothing is too much trouble.

I would highly recommend the Nautilus to anyone and cannot wait to return next year.

The devereux,s

Room Tip: The poolside apartments are lovely but the views from the apartments at the top are equally as nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise D
Dearest Devereux Family,
We thank you very much for your comments and the recommendation.
We are really glad that you found our complex so comfortable and convenient for you and your family , we are really hopping that you will find much more improvement next time in all Lanzarote, because we really think that all our visitors deserve the best , our commitmet is that Lanzarote will be soon The accessible Island .
For your next visit, please do not hesitate to contacting us directly .
We are looking forward to meeting you soon.
Best wishes.