“Quiet, clean and highly recommended”

San Francisco Park Holiday Apartments
Ranked #47 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for a week at the end of March. Wanted somewhere peaceful to soak up a little sun and do some reading. I was travelling solo as my husband and three kids were off doing exciting things so I absolutely didn't want to have to tolerate anyone else's kids. You mums and dads know what I mean really..... your own kids are great but everyone else's get on your nerves...
Anyway. this place ticks all the boxes. Adults only, spotlessly clean, quiet and well maintained.
The pool was lovely. I don't think it is fair that people moan about it not being heated. It takes about 10 seconds to grit your teeth, get in and swim and then it is wonderfully refreshing ionised water. Fabulous.
Tamsin and Manon on reception were very friendly and helpful. They even slapped a bit of suncream on my back for me when I discovered I couldn't reach (I knew my husband had his uses!)
At night the complex is quiet and secure and I felt very safe. There are plenty of other reviewers to tell you about the proximity to the strip of restaurants and shops and the 20-30 minute walk to the old town. To their recommendations I would like to add a walk in the other direction....turn left when you get to the strip, walk to the San Antonio hotel and catch a bus to Arrecife and have a stroll around the proper shops (rather than the Chinese 'tat' shops on the strip). You can also go to the top of the tall hotel there. I forget it's name, but you can't miss it, it's the only high rise on the island. There's a cafe on the top floor and astonishing views.

Room Tip: The rooms facing reception get the sun from early morning till the late afternoon. those to the rig...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank Amanda K
There are newer reviews for San Francisco Park Holiday Apartments

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed at these apartments mainly because of the reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed.
The staff at reception were very friendly and good for giving advice/guidance. The apartment was good with adequate cooking/eating facilities, shower was hot and the balcony got the sun from midday onwards (those directly facing the reception and on top floor got the sun in the morning). We were on the top floor to the right as you look from the reception.
We were only there for 3 days and didnt use the pool area but it never looked crowded and the people using it were always quiet. Would definitely recommend it for its location and quietness especially at night due to the lack of a bar in the complex.
PDC was pretty much as we expected - the strip is busy and a bit tacky but it depends what you like. The old town area was more attractive - probably about 20 minutes walk straight down the strip. As the currency is euros, food and drink were fairly expensive but there was a good choice of eating/drinking places near the apartments.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pharoahs_revenge
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Just back from a great week in Puerto del Carmen. Had a very good time in these studios. 2mins from bars and restaurants. Studios are basic,clean and reasonably priced. Staff will answers any queries and help in any way possible. Yes you have to pay for some extras ( if you want them), a cushion for the sunbeds was 5 euro/week and was worth every cent, i spent 6 very comfortable days lounging in the sun on a very thick cushion. Yes it is quiet, exactly why we chose the San Francisco, but not so quiet that you cannot have a conversation with others. We found everyone very friendly. Looking forward to returning later in the year.

Room Tip: Balcony apartments get the sun either in the mornings or early afternoon.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate W
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 5 night stay in San Francisco Park and it was just perfect. The location is brilliant just a 2 minute walk to the main strip and beach. The studio apartment was very clean and well equipped although there was no tv, the maid cleaned the room every morning. After reading some of the reviews I was afraid that we would be the youngest people there and would not be able to make any noise but this was not the case, we played music in our apartment every evening. The staff were absolutely brilliant they couldn't do enough to help us. By far the best budget accommodation we have ever stayed in, we will definitely return and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Lauraletterkenny
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed March 2012 for 9 nights.

A lovely place to stay, well kept and clean throughout the site and very friendly, helpful staff from reception to the cleaning ladies.

The location is ideal, 10 minutes from airport by taxi (12-14 Euros) and right off the main beach road for access to the lovely beaches and food/drink establishments. Be prepared to run the gauntlet of people trying to entice you into the bars/restaraunts as not many of them were very busy so they are all fighting for trade (can't blame anyone for trying to make a living).

Expect to take about about 40 minutes to walk to Matagorda or to the old town if you fancy a stroll. You can get a bus to the old town from opposite the casino and this will only take about 5-10 minutes to drop you off outside the Biosfera shopping centre (1.20 Euros).

The only negative comment I would raise is the freezing temperature of the pool. What a waste of a beautiful pool!!!!!! I've been in cold pools before but the temperature of this one was bitterly cold. Don't know whether it gets any warmer during the summer months but I suspect it would stay quite cold all year round. I would have been prepared to pay a bit more on my room rate for the pool to be heated a bit.

Room Tip: Nice little sun terrace up the stairs to the right of the property as you come in through the front...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chrisg1955
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We booked here and was not disappointed the rooms were clean and well maintained and the location was perfect 5 minutes stroll from everything. The reception team were very helpful and it was lovely and quiet at night as I am a light sleeper. The restaurants and bars along the front are all very reasonable and the beach is 5 minutes walk. Perfect for a fun packed holiday with lots going on but a peaceful nights sleep and a beach to die for. We never go back to the same place twice but have booked to go back in June for 2 weeks. From 18 to 80 you will love it

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrarmitage
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hotel was very basic but suited us as we only went for 4 nights and just needed a place to sleep. Wouldn't stay here for a longer break, you would be bored, no tv in rooms, no bar or resteraunt and you are not allowed music, you have to be quiet. Lots and lots of rules to ensure that this place stays quiet. Didn't mind so much as it was nice to relax a bit but you were uneasy coming home late or even talking by the pool as it was so quiet. Have stayed in lots of different hotels for similar price and stars and never have I had to buy my own toilet roll or pay to have clean towels, you do get 2 free loo rolls but sheets and towels were not changed once in 5 days, in the rule books said you need to pay if you require this service. Room was only cleaned one day. Overall not really a problem for us as we stayed out most of the time but it would have been nice. Big problem for us was that the shower was only hot for 5 mins at a time and having long hair to wash I was finding I was having to Finnish showering in freezing water. Not a bad stay overall but doubt we would stay again, could see how all these little pointers could be a problem for some, not so bad if you just need a bed at night

• Stayed: February 2012