“cloughy18”

Ranked #41 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“cloughy18”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned from San Francisco apartments. The apartments werent bad but they are out to make money charging for e very little things safe, fans etc. The book in the apartment needs updating as it said sheets changed one a week and towels twice a week, well that did not happen. We had to use the towels all week not changed once unless you paid. The maids werent very good either not sure what they cleaned, I think it was a quick wipe and take the rubbish. Although it was handy for the shops and supermarkets would not reccomend it to any one even friends. Have been in better apartments.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 775sc60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I love reading these reviews! Really makes me laugh reading what people expect from their holiday. Make no mistake, these are cheap apartments. It kind of goes hand in hand as to what you expect for the price you are paying. As for some of the comments about paying for 'extras', not everyone needs wifi or umbrellas or a fan or whatever. It's obvious they keep their prices low so you can get these other bits If you want them, would you rather they put their prices
up and everything free? They are running a business!!
As for the towels, really? Hot countries do not provide towels on a regular basis. You should know this being a seasoned traveller at 18. You dry yourself and then hang it up to dry outside. Why do you need a clean towel? You should be clean coming out of the shower.
When we arrived, we had no expectations and believe me I have travelled! The apartment is basic but it is clean. Friendly staff, superb location makes this a perfect cheap getaway.

• Stayed June 2014
9 Thank scubaduba62
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Attracted by a good deal and no children, we found all the staff very friendly and helpful. The apartments and complex were very clean. This was the 12th time we had been to Lanzarote (we have always stayed at different apartments), so were not caught off guard by the extra charges for fans, safe etc., although I was surprised at the charge for a parasol normally they are supplied free. The charge for wifi did not matter as both our phones stay switched off and locked in the safe while we are on holiday, but for anyone who does use phones or laptops while on holiday there is a bar (Mucky Duck) right next to the apartments which offers free wifi. We also did not need to hire a parasol as we were in a ground floor studio which meant when we needed to be in the shade we simply moved to our own patio. We stayed for two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it, no complaints at all (until we had to come home of course).

Room Tip: To avoid the extra charge for a parasol request a ground floor room, then you can sit in the shade n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jan J
Walt Disney World, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is what I call the Ryanair Hotel. If you want something, you pay. I was quite sure that when I booked it, it says Wifi is available but my fault for thinking that it is free. I booked for a week, surely they can give a little extra for "long term" stay. No. So that was the first distaste in the mouth.

Want a fan? Pay. Want the key to the safe? Pay. What about comfort and security for the guests? Not to mention Pool Umbrella and deck chair mattress!! HAHA! So everyday you have to return the umbrella and the mattress. A bit oxymoron tbh. And that "iodine" pool. Man, I got burnt on day 1 because I have to rinse off the sunscreen to swim and when I got up, I didn't reapply again because it gets hot again, I need to dip in the pool again??

The woman who checked me in (the older Dutch lady with a booming voice) is very superficial. We are just another stupid tourist who can give her more money! She lied about the direction of the sun as if I was a fool! She emailed me only the day before my arrival to ask for the time - just so that she can be at the reception to take my credit card! When I replied and asked how to get to their place on the bus, no reply. That was my first bad impression. And when I met her and the sleazy feel I got, honestly, I wanted to stay somewhere else but the booking was non-cancellable.

The other receptionist and the local cleaning staff were excellent though: very friendly and nice. My apartment was clean and they empty the bin everyday so that's very important. I don't need towels to be changed everyday.

The breaking point was the 4 x obnoxious British guests who saw that I was enjoying myself under the shade. They plonked themselves right next to me, talked loudly and smoked right in my face! WIth 2 bottles of full size Jack Daniel and Vodka. They were exactly the ugly Brits abroad! No consideration of other guests in the hotel. Luckily that was my last day, and luckily the other guests were very friendly. It's not a big hotel so we see most of the "regular" every day which was quite nice.

Like other guests, I was excited about an "Adults Only" hotel because I wanted to avoid all the children crying and noises but it ends there. I will not go back and i will not tell my friends to. And I can almost hear her sour-grape response when she read my review!

Room Tip: Directly in front of the pool. My room was right next to the stairs and the recycling bin. Guests do...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lillian Y
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend, both 18 years of age, decided we'd go off on a nice holiday together and were impressed by the idea of no children at the apartments, meaning a quiet and restful stay. The price was moderate and complemented our holiday budget and I guess you could say it was pretty worth it.

When we arrived, it was beautifully sunny and the environment of the pool area was exquisitely quiet. The receptionists that worked at the apartments were lovely, helpful and welcoming, giving us lots of details about trips and activities we could do around the island. We were informed about different prices for things like fans, wifi and the safe in the room, which were fairly shocking considering we had paid a couple hundred pounds already to stay at the apartments (we figured it would come with the hotel price). However, we paid for wifi and got on with our holiday.

The location of the apartments was brilliantly close to absolutely everything the resort has to offer: restaurants, cocktail bars, huge sandy beaches, mini golf courses, arcades etc. The choice of taxi is always available however, we found that everything was within walking distance and had no problem in doing so.

One of the main problems we had with the apartments were the towels. Maids regularly cleaned and tidied the apartment (but really all they did was make your bed and maybe empty the bin once or twice) and, as regular holidays goers, we figured they would also offer a regular towel change... Wrong! Our towels were soaked through and obviously dirty after our first use and when the maids failed to change them on the second day, we asked at the reception and found that they only change your towels once for your entire 1 week stay; if you wanted another towel change, you would have to PAY. I refused and we were careful with our towel use. Sounds picky, but when you're in 35 degree weather and swimming in the sea, hygiene is of the upmost importance.

The pool is very quiet and clean. They use a special substance to clean the water meaning that you cannot enter the pool with suncream on your skin. What they also failed to supply were sun umbrellas, if you wanted one, you'd have to pay 5 euros for 1 day's use (you were forbidden from using your own, apparently down to "health and safety reasons"). Combined with the rinsing of your suncream and no sun umbrellas, anybody would think that the umbrellas are mandatory and everywhere should be promoting skin safety. San Francisco Park did not.

All in all, I feel that the location, the friendliness of the staff and the no children rule fit our exact wishes for our first holiday together. The room was spacious, simple and had a lovely view of the pool; every morning was a bright and shiny one. However, the blatant ripping off let them down and took this review from a 4/5 to a 3/5.

Room Tip: Be careful with your towel use and stay safe in the sun!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Edna S
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four days with my mum. Rooms were gd, very clean get one on the second floor. Although got very hot at night so woud recommend hiring a fan. Pool was lovely and refreshing.
location was good able to walk to beach, harbour and main strip, supermarket was next door. We would both go again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank AmyTinker
Bromsgrove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We really love it here. Came back again in May for 11 days, weather was lovely and the complex was great. Quiet and child free made out stay comfortable and relaxing. The staff was as usual very pleasant and friendly with lots of knowledge of the area. Had lots of lovely meals out, again returned to Bollywood for a curry which was beautiful. Went to Jin Long Chinese restaurant for buffet meal, was dubious about buffet style in really hot weather. Was impressed, the food was lovely and hot and frequently filled up. If there was something on the buffet you wanted that wasn't there, they offered to make it fresh and bring it to the table at no extra cost. At 6 euros 25 cents, you can't complain.

If you are after a comfortable, quiet, clean place to stay to relax, but with the beach and lots of bars and restaurant within a two minute walk, then this is certainly the place to stay. We will certainly be back again this year.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple