“Fantastic Experience !!”

The Dive Shop Lanzarote
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dive Shop is Lanzarote's number ONE 5* PADI Resort, scuba diving centre for the qualified diver and for scuba diver training both technical and recreational. The Dive Shop is located in the main shopping centre in Matagorda, Puerto Del Carmen on the beautiful island of Lanzarote.The Dive Shops mission is:"To provide first class scuba diver training and high quality guided dives in the Atlantic Ocean around the coastline of Lanzarote."Our exacting standards, attention to detail and the very best equipment ensure that you will receive the highest standard of safety and enjoyment.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After a poolside taster I booked onto a half day session with my 11 year old son. Our Dive instructor was Ian who was absolutely fantastic. We were collected in the Dive shop van from our hotel in Playa Blanca and then taken to the dive shop where we went through the equipment and and were fitted out with wetsuits etc. We then went to a beach a few minutes away and began the lesson. This involved talking us through the basics and then we then conducted a dive session for about 30 minutes. The instructor, Ian, was extremely professional and took it at exactly the right pace for the two of us, frequently checking that we were OK. The conditions were great and we saw literally thousands of fish. My son hasn't stopped talking about it! Ian also took a proper underwater camera and for 25E took some pictures. We were then dropped back at our hotel afterwards. The next day we were presented us with a nicely made up CD full of pics and movie files of the experience. It really was fantastic and I was a little anxious about how my lad would get on with it, but we were looked after so well, there was nothing to worry about. Our instructor Ian was a thoroughly nice chap and if we ever find ourselves back in Lanzarote we'll be doing another session with them.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

After taking my Open Water Diver course with The Dive Shop in October 2013 I went back in January to take some further courses.

I took my Open Water Diver Advanced course and my Enriched Air Nitrox course. Rinus gave me one to one tuition for 3 days which was excellent. I had completed my theory back in the UK as Rinus posted my the course books out to the UK well in advance.

I enjoyed all aspects of the courses, I did 2 deep 30m dives using Nitrox, a navigation dive using my compass, Peak Performance Buoyancy got my weighting set up correctly and we worked on my lung control and finally I did the underwater photographer course where we saw and photographed some amazing creatures including some really cool sea horses-see the pictures!

The water was a little cooler than October at 18c but with an under vest it was OK for 40 minute dives.

Nothing has changed at the Dive Shop since I was there in October, the same friendly expert advice and tuition.

Highly recommended, I expect to be back at some time in the future to take some further courses and wont be considering anybody else. After looking at a couple of other schools while on this break The Dive Shop still offers the best value, best tuition at the lowest prices.

Say hello to Rinus for me when you go! You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had been to Lanzarote many times, but it was my first time doing scuba diving ever. Rinus was very open and took me through all of the options; and before i knew it i was taking a PADI scuba diver course. Overall the atmosphere is open and welcome, The diving instructors themselves were knowledgable and friendly, If you are going to Lanzarote or are currently in Lanzarote and fancy trying scuba diving. I would recommend taking the trip to Matagorda.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I booked my open water diver PADI course with Rinus before I left the UK. I had many questions as a beginner and Rinus was always on hand to answer the questions and very quickly too, excellent communication.

The plan was my wife and I were to take the PADI open water diver course together but she was a little unsure. After our first dive she decided it was not for her so as agreed I continued with the course.

Marcus was my instructor and he is a top guy, so calm and patient, anything that I struggled with we were soon through it.

We did most of the skills training in the pool in Playa Blanca, I could not believe that I had bliffed through 12 skills in the pool over 1 hour 40 minutes with Marcus. I was so focussed that we did 2 days work in just over an hour. Amazing.

Dive 3 was the most challenging with lost regulator recovery and mask off skills but I got through it with Marcus's expert tuition. Dive 4 was extremely enjoyable, I was responsible for navigation with a wrist compass and also our depth using a dive computer. We dived down to a reef at 14m and saw lots of marine life-octopus, sea urchins, grouper and lots of shoals of fish.

The dives were excellent, fantastic visibility up to 20m and lovely warm water at 24C. What more can you ask for!

I moved between their dive school in Playa Blanca and their main school in Matagorda. Both are very well equipped and have excellent facilities.

After passing my OWD PADI exam I then hired wet suits, boots, fins, masks and snorkel tubes for the week ahead so that we could do some serious snorkelling, Marcus did us a really good deal.

I did quite a lot of research before I made the commitment and investment with The Dive Shop and decided that this company offered the most professional, experienced and best value diving experience on the island of Lanzarotte.

We were collected and dropped off at our hotel in Playa Blanca after every session all included.

This is a first class company and I would not hesitate to book with them again-indeed we are considering our next dive training with Marcus and Rinus next February/March such is our confidence in them. We have got the diving BUG!!

All PADI paperwork was completed super quick and my photo licence was waiting on the carpet when I got back to the UK!

Don't hesitate to book with this company, they are the real deal whether a novice looking to learn or an experienced diver looking for some local professional diving support.

See you next year guys and keep the excellent work up!

10/10

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had 2 courses booked with the Dive shop and cannot fault them at all. The instructors are very experienced, knowledgeable and patient. They especially made my wife feel very comfortable as she wasn't to comfortable with the idea of breathing under water. They were really flexible and went to great lengths to accommodate our every need.

We can honestly say we are now hooked on diving thanks to the Dive Shop Lanzarote. We are already thinking about our next diving adventure.