“Yum!”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Valentina's is a small, friendly little Italian restaurant situated in the Old Town of Puerto del Carmen. Owner and chef, Bruno, trained in the top hotel/ restaurant school in Italy and his passion for cooking is clearly visible in the meals he prepares. There is an excellent choice of dishes on the menu from starters to desserts. The mains include a good choice of meat and fish dishes, along with vegetarian options.
Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

I had breaded mushrooms (the best I have ever had) and a pasta dish. The portion sizes I thought were really good, I only had one last mouthful I couldn't fit in. I regretted it later on! The prices were also fantastic for such great food!
The waitress was very attentive and kind, and I thought the little cat sat outside was so cute, the cat was doing no harm and wasn't coming indoors so if you have an issue with cats that are well behaved and cute then you are silly but don't go here. Sidenote: I've named him tom.
All in all the meal was absolutely divine and I will definitely be returning!

4  Thank Kntpxx
There are newer reviews for Valentina's

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Had to update my previous review. Just returned from 3 weeks on the island and 3 visits to Valentina's. Very friendly and especially reasonable if you have a family as the pizza pasta options are half what most restaurants are charging. We don't book in advance and a couple of times the restaurant was quite quiet as the back street position and the increasing "fully inclusive" hotel packages are killing the small (and large) local restaurants. The 3rd time we visited we had to sit outside (on the table in the picture!) as all tables were taken - so book if you don't want to be disappointed. Food has always been excellent in the many years we have been visiting.

4  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had two meals at the restaurant and both times we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food, the service and the ambience were very good indeed, the only criticism I would offer is the quantities were on the large side which can be overfacing to some. However we would visit again.

4  Thank Derek B
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After visiting PdC several times why have we always walked passed this restaurant? We were welcomed inside and promptly served drinks and then pondered over the fantastic menu. I ordered the steak in Chianti sauce and boy was that top drawer stuff!! Medallions was mentioned on the menu but the 3 I had on my plate could have been 3 steaks in any other restaurant, they were cooked perfectly as ordered, Blue! OK so not much cooking involved? and you could have cut them with a spoon they were that good, the sauce was perfect too, nice and thick. My wife had the pork loin with Serrano ham and sage leaf which was also given the thumbs up Scalloped potatoes and roasted veg was served with the main meals and these too were a very good compliment to the meat and sauces.....It was that good an experience at Valentino's that we booked a table for another visit 2 days later. As I have said in other threads Calle Teide does have the best, IMHO, selection of 'Grander' restaurants then anywhere in PdC. Make sure to book as it is only a small restaurant and soon fills up. Enjoy!!

6  Thank Pugwashed
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We checked trip advisor for a nice place to eat a great meal. It is hidden near the old town port but after asking at the dive centre the chap there gladly showed us the way. We had a fantastic meal I had a steak and prawn dish which should have been served with a port sauce but I requested a change to green peppercorn sauce after the waitress checked with the chief he was more than happy to change the recipe. It was amazing very well cooked steak and lots of it, it cut like butter and tasted like heaven!! My husband haspd the seafood pizza which again was cooked to perfection. The staff were brilliant and the chief was very skilled. We had a wonderful meal with a table that had a fantastic view. One top tip though, its best to book as they were so popular they had to turn people away!!! Which seemed no problem to the customers as they obviously knew it was worth waiting for and booked a table for another day. Thanks to all the staff for a gorgeous meal.

4  Thank Helen G