“A lovely new hotel”

Ranked #6 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Newtown, United Kingdom
“A lovely new hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We didn't actually stay at this hotel as we had rented a villa just around the corner but we am led down to see if non residents were welcome in the music bar. We were welcomed and re visited several times during our stay. The staff are very welcoming and speak a variety of languages.
We took part I a music quiz and bingo and they have other live music events during the week. The hotel bar is spotless and comfortable. They have a beautiful outdoor seating area with big comfortable sofas. They have a happy hour between 7.30 and 8.30 every night where drinks are two for the price of one.
If you are in Peurto Del Carmen try to call in its in the Los Majones area up the road from the Purple Turtle bar.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan R
Fidelizaci0n, Director General at Gloria Izaro Club Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Susan R,
Thank you for visiting us during your stay in Puerto del Carmen, we are very glad you enjoyed our entertaiment and facilities.
Next time you visit Puerto del Carmen, even if you decide not to stay with us at the Gloria Izaro Club Hotel, feel free to join us on any activity you wish, and please do not hesitate in contacting me at the reception to have the opportunity to welcome you personally.
Best wishes,

The Management,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Fancied a quick break so got booked in at the Izaro. Very nice hotel. Apartment was very large and spotless as was the balcony. The restaurant was ok, the breakfasts were ok but the evening dinner could have been better with a little bit more variety, however it was merely adequate. If I had one thing to complain about it would be that the hotel is set on a very hilly part of the island and anyone with walking problems would find it hard to get around however the hotel cannot do anything about that. I would recommend the Izaro to friends as staff were all friendly and helpful. I must also say that the pool was cleaned every morning including the sun loungers and all the public area's were well maintained. We had a very relaxing time. Pat & Maureen. Stayed 22/5/2014 - 29/5/2014

Room Tip: Stayed on 3rd level room 533. Lovely view of the resort and sea.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mathew04
Dear mathew04,

Thank you very much for kind comments about our staff and our facilities.
We specially appreciate you opinion about our dinner, which we are working hard to improve and try to satisfy all kind of tastes.
We look forward to welcome you again at the Gloria Izaro Club Hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were 2 families with 5 children aged 4 and under and we needed somewhere safe, flexible but fun for everyone. This was the place. We had a one bed and a two bed apt, both overlooked the pool on the ground floor (as requested). They were practically brand new. The bathrooms were new and the kitchen units too. The apts were cleaned every day and sheets were changed every few days.
The pool area was very clean and well maintained, no broken tiles or broken filters around the pool. Kids pool was quite warm too (for lanzarote!).
The food was good. Nothing spectacular, but the buffets never are. However, when you've got 5 kids who all want something different it's great.
We stayed for 10 days at Easter and had a great time. I would definitely go back to the izaro.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Haqs
Fidelizaci0n, Director General at Gloria Izaro Club Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Haqs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that you and your family had a great time among us. Our staff work hard to satisfy all customers needs, in this occasion we are delighted to know that we have reached your expectations.
Looking forward to host you again,

Best wishes,

Harrogate
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked an 11 night half board stay at the Izaro Club at the beginning of April this year. It was a last minute, low cost holiday for our family on an island we know well. Puerto del Carmen is quite a nice resort albeit rather commercialised and tired in areas, though it does have an excellent selection of nice restaurants, in our opinion Playa Blanca is a much nicer resort for families. The Izaro Club is located at the top of a hill, approx 5-10 minute walk to the harbour, the area surrounding the Izaro Club is not very nice, it is quite dilapidated, but once you get to the harbour area, there are some lovely restaurants, bars and a fab childrens play area, this place really comes to life on an evening. The Izaro Club itself is very attractive in style, it has some really well kept public areas, with minimalist furniture, the pool areas are lovely, it was spotlessly clean and constantly looked after by the pool attendants. The two bedroomed apartment was spacious and comfortable, it lacked a bath, but we did know about this prior to arriving, our 2.5 yr old hates showers, but she soon became used to them after 11 days! The childrens pool was lovely and warm, the kids animator was fabulous, our son and daughter thought she was great. The staff throughout the whole complex were excellent, so helpful, pleasant and hard working, there just needs to be more of them especially in the restaurant area. Yes..... its the food that gives it a three out of five, it really was quite poor. Haute cuisine is not what we were expecting but honestly, tinned fruit/vegetables, powdered fruit juice, dreadful coffee, terrible selection of desserts on some evenings. We really tried with the food but after a couple of nights in the restaurant we decided to eat out instead. It felt very much like a canteen, there was nothing to look forward to when it came to eating dinner at the Izaro club, breakfasts were fine with some very nice fresh fruit, lunch at the poolside bar was quite nice too but dinner in our opinion was pitiful. Gloria Palace management, please give your hardworking staff some extra help by providing some additional staff and maybe its time to invest in some decent chefs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ValentinoHarrogate
Dear ValentinoHarrogate,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel here on tripadvisor.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced regarding the food. We take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.
We have discussed the matter with the chef executive team and are taking steps to correct this situation.
We appreciate your feedback and we understand that you have many options to choose from when making your travel plans.
I hope you will consider staying with us again at the Izaro Club Hotel, so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had a fantastic holiday here. Bike rental was really useful and the pool is great. This is the best place we have ever stayed and we intend to go back many times again. All the staff were amazing with a great since of humour. The manager Alex made sure everything was top notch. Anna kept everyone well entertained with her sports and games program. Jerri the nightly singer had us singing and dancing. Reception staff were the best ever. I can't say eneough good about this place. I am sure you will have a great stay.

Sadly our second week in a different resort in Playa Blanka was not so good and we really missed Izario. I can strongly recommend Izario for people taking on the worlds toughest Iroman. Top marks for Izario

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PETER C
Dear Peter C

Thank you for being a loyal guest and for staying at the Izaro Club Hotel!.
Service is always our top priority and I assure you that your comments will be shared with the staff.
We are sorry that your second week in Playa Blanca did not meet your expectations.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

uk
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Firstly may I say this is not the Hilton Riu or Iberostar but also and most importantly it is not their prices either. I feel I got a lot for my money and with that and the excellent friendly staff who work in a exceptionally clean hotel I really couldn't ask for more.
The food seems to be a big issue here for some and I had some not so good meals but I also had some lovely meals too. Breakfast did have tinned fruit something I did eat as a child but they also had fresh fruit every day too. The whole place had been modernised and looks more Ikea than Spanish. Table cloths are not used and the tables do look a little bare and give a cafe feel more than a restaurant feel but past this everything was good and once again very clean. There is a few staff that have broken English maybe that's because we are in their country and maybe we should be more courteous and learn a few words to help them, pass that a few hand signals and smiles help. Like my title says look at the pics with regards to food.
The pool is cleaned for over a hour every morning in all the places I have been this is the cleanest pool ever. It was a little cold but warmed up as you swam and much warmer than the sea at this time of year.
Entertainment was a singer and a lady who worked alone on the animation team and the kids seem to adore her. We did do a few shooting and archery with her which we won free cocktails and T-shirts. It is very much for family's here and there is a lot of space for little legs to walk. I did go low season and it may get crowed in the high season. I went as a couple and it was very peaceful relaxing holiday. Just what the doctor ordered.
My room was lovely though I had a beautiful view I really wanted a larger balcony but then again I didn't ask for one lol. The aircon was a god send as after my illness I needed this. It was so quiet I had to look at it sometimes to see if it was on. The beds were great too and I never woke craving my own bed which also was nice surprise. They were not cleaned every day say four out of seven but you can get clean towels anytime at the 24 hour reception. You had the basics to cook lunch and a bit of shampoo and a carrier bag tied in knots makes for washing the pots if you have forgot washing up things. The shop is just down the hill a little and sells everything, prices are not too bad either.
This brings me to the famous Hill. Cardiac hill or friendly incline. Firstly may I add the hotel seems very good for the disabled and it does have a lift to get to the swimming pool or a slope. It also has a lift thingy to help with getting in the water I do believe but ask if that is a must for you. Back to the hill, I hired bikes with mini electric motors that you pedal and get a extra push. The hill was ok on these for me but walking I did struggle. I am a ex chemo patient and not very fit so don't take my word for it. You can stop in shops and have a look and break all the way up. You can like it has been said get a taxi for €3/4. Would this stop me coming back to this hotel I would have to say no I still would return.
All in all had a great cheeky break and we were lucky we had sun sun sun even though it was a little chilly at night, enjoy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BLACKSAPPHIRE
Dear Blacksapphire,

Thank you very much for taking time in sharing you experience with travellers on this site tripadvisor, we indeed appreciate the honesty and clarity of your comments regarding the value for money and the description overall.
Thank you again for the pictures posted, so travellers can make their own opinion.
I will pass on the nice comments regarding our hard working staff, it is very much appreciated.
We look forward to welcome ou again with us.

Tha Management,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I spent a week at the Izaro from 10 -17 April. This was the best holiday we have spent together. The complex was spotlessly clean, staff going around throughout the day making sure everything was gleaming. Our room was on the top floor in Block 5 & had a huge balcony with views of the pool & sea, it was fabulous, we would sunbathe there, no need to go down to the pool.. The girl who came in to clean (Carmen) was lovely.She offered extra pillows, blankets, hangers & took great care of both us and the cleaning of the room, sheets and towels (which had a lovely scent) were changed regularly. I must say all staff were helpful especially on reception and the waiter in charge of the restaurant. The selection of food in the restaurant at breakfast and dinner was excellent and simply can't believe comments I've seen from people who have been disappointed. The chef at breakfast was on hand to cook eggs of your choice (omlettes were delicious). Great to have a safe in our room. The wi-fi signal was strong enough to access from our balcony and other communal areas. maybe a booster could be installed to give wi-fi access inside the room (this is a minor point). Drinks were reasonably priced, especially the happy hour in the evening 2 for 1. Pool bar was good for snacks and drinks at lunchtime. The complex is only a short stroll to the harbour, where I recommend Mardeleva Restaurant for tapas & beautiful views of the harbour. If you feel like going for a morning stroll you can walk to Puerto Calero starting at the harbour going along the walkway an easy 50 minute stroll.
We will most definitely be returning to the Izaro!!!

Room Tip: high floor block 5
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Moira B
Dear Moira B,

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience with travellers. I am happy to see we were able to fulfill your expectations and that your stay was enjoyable overall.
Our number one goal is to give our guests a perfect experience.
We look forward to the next time!