“Another great stay.”
Review of Atlantis Las Lomas

Atlantis Las Lomas
Ranked #34 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Another great stay. Staff mostly friendly some would benefit by cracking a smile but Daniel sure made up for the sour ones. Had a problem with the safe on the first day and no body came but was sorted the next day when I returned to reception. This hotel is a great base for the new and old town all within walking distance. Even cardiac hilll wasn't as daughting this year. looking to return very soon..only bad I can really say is still on the cleaning equipment, with 3 little ones the floors get a bit messy we had a dustpan but no brush our tea towel was never changed so ended up washing that with some clothes. Not all the beds are comfy and they do rattle a bit I just moved to another and problem solved.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank mischamoo

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Great complex just a short walk from the strip in the new town unfortunately up what is known locally as "cardiac hill" but you get used to it.
Clean spacious apartments which all appear to have a pool view.
Entertainment on most nights in the bar which has a decent selection of food and drink.
Could do with some decent free wifi though.
Not really suited for anyone in a wheelchair unless you want to commute with taxis or have a rental car because of the huge hill between the strip and the complex but otherwise a great place to stay.
Large pool near reception with another 1 or maybe 2 pools at the top.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I was a little sceptical after reading some of the review's posted on here. But I have found in the past that not all I read on here is a fare or accurate view.

I came here to stay for a week with my 8 year old son and my girlfriend. On arrival I found the man on reception to be unhelpful to be honest.

When we were given the key and map and left to find our own way to the room, that when we did find it that it was a bit dated and the bath had seen better days. But the thing that was scary to say the least was that the balcony was made of wood and had rotten away and was wobbling just to touch it let alone lean on it. Lucky tho my partner leaned on it and realized how bad and unsafe it was before my son went near it.
We went to reception and again the man as not interested about the matter and I had to ask for the management before he offered a change of room.

The new room was a updated apartment over looking the main pool and was much better in every way.

The complex it's self was in my view lovely and with a choice of 5 pools and two bars and 3 pool tables for the kids was great.

The water was lovely and warm in all the pools and the children's pool was perfect for kids as my son would not get out of it all day.
The deeper pools were deep even of me but still safe and warm.

I have to give a big shout out to Daniel the Animation guy because he was amazing and the kids loved him, my son included. I have been to a lot of hotels much bigger and expensive then this one and the Animation people there were no way near as good this guy. He had football in the morning's and then pool and skittles competition's as well as pool basketball in the kids pool. He also does a clown show every Monday night that was very good and even the adults loved it and got involved ( I won the parents musical chairs very proud lol ).

There is two places to eat on site one the pool bar at the main pool and the restaurant in the middle of the complex.
We ate at the pool bar and the food was lovely and you could have it there or made to take away. It was also where the night entertainment was held so handy on a night. They had two happy hours one in the afternoon and another in the evening. There was plenty of choice in drinks and food and lots for the young ones to pick from.

It is on cardiac hill but we managed it most night so it's not as bad as some people on here make out.
There is a little shop at the end of the road but I would recommend the spar shop its a 5 minute walk there and back but it has much more choice and a lot cheaper.

We got a taxi to the complex and it's the same if not cheaper as the transfer would cost but it gets you there so much faster.

If your taking children with you they will love it as my son did and if there lucky enough to meet and make friends with the type of children he did it will make there holiday that much better and like in his case amazing.

All in all it was a lovely place to stay and yes it could do with updating but I for one enjoyed my stay and I know my son loved his first time abroad there to.

Thanks again to Daniel for making my son's holiday fun and special.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Coopier
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We found the reception staff quiet rude and if you could get them off the phone long enough to answer a question you were doing well!! You often thought you were an inconvenience to them if you wanted to ask them something! The rooms were quiet nice but the beds were the worst we every slept in would be better sleeping on the floor would be softer..To put it mildly I would not stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for pool view near reception otherwise you are banished up the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank AshleyD3
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Me and my family which included my 2 boys aged 8 and 5 have just come back from this place and had a great time. They have 4 pools of 2 are shallow for younger children. The apartment we stayed in was very clean (could do with a bit of tlc but nothing major). The staff are all very friendly and helpful. the pools are lovely and plenty of sunbeds for everyone!!They have a man called "Daniel" who every other day comes to the apartments and organises football for the kids followed by water polo he is very good and funny with them. One night he was the evening entertainment and was a clown..the kids and adults loved him. The town is in easy walking distance although there is a bit of a hill to go down and obviously back up but it is ok..we managed it!! We went on 2 trips one to see the volcanos and also involved a camel ride and also went to Rancho Texas Park which was fun and only about 10 mins if that from where we stayed. The place is also about 10 mins from airport but no noise at night..Lovely place!!

Room Tip: All rooms look over a pool but two of the pools are shallow so if have young kids good idea to ask f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms well equipped. But let down by the fact the beds/mattresses are TERRIBLE my wife and I had not a single nights sleep! We ended up using the sofa bed ( which had a habit of the slats falling out) and pileing 2 mattresses on top of each other. Still not comfortable but better than losing on a few old springs!

On arrival the beds were both broken. Informed reception and were told it would!d be sorted that night. In the end they repaired the sofa bed and not the beds themselves! Then had to wait until the following day for them to be repaired. As it was, as mentioned above, we didn't use them!

Will not return and unable to reccomend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David n
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just returned from a week at Atlantis Las Lomas..and how pleasently suprised we were!!..After reading all the negative reviews we were really worried about staying here, and were prepared to be dissapointed!..Which is why im writing this review,as i am shocked at how negative people are towards it..
It really is all u want/need from a hotel..The location of Atlantis is excellent,just a five minute walk to all of the restaurants,shops and bars..it is located at the top of "cardiac hill" which is quite steep but do not let this put u off..its not that bad & there are other routes..however i wouldnt recommend it for people with walking difficulties or the elderly..
Staff were really helpful..Rooms clean/spaceous/equipped..There are several pools which are fab..never overcrowed..Bar with good entertainment in evenings..Food/drink/snack bar..Supermarket just left of the hotel..
All in all just a great hotel that i would recommend to everybody..families/couples/friends..had a brilliant holiday & will definately be returning to Atlantis!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2014