“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Scarborough
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Right here goes..Location..Great..Staff..Friendly and Helpfull..Apartments..Clean and Tidy..Food..Always something to please..15 euro taxi ride from airport..Pool area..Nice and Clean..Sunbeds ..Plenty.. Beds in apartments..Hard but that suited me..Will we go back YES!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank BaznPatScarborough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Newton abbot
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Me and my mum stayed at Lanzaplaya Apartments for 4 nights from 1st October 2012. We arrived at 1pm and were greeted by friendly staff at reception, who checked us in and gave us directions to our apartment, room 6212. We did have a fair few steps to negotiate but that didn't bother us.

Our apartment was on the top floor and had lovely views across to the mountains and beach. It also overlooked the kids play area but I only ever saw one child in there all the time I was around. The apartments were clean and adequate for what we required (somewhere to sleep and chill between exploring the island. The cleaners came most days and took all rubbish, sweeped floors and changed towels once.

The only negatives were that the beds were a little uncomfortable, and did hurt my back a bit, thre was no kettle (which disappointed my mum but we found a good place to go to get one), or washing up stuff provided and due to closeness to pubs and bars if your a light sleeper you can hear some noise at earlier hours of the morning from them. It didn't really bother me though.

We never ate at the complex restaurants, instead we made our own breakfasts and lunches and ate out at local restaurants in the evening, all of which were very good quality food.

the apartments are conveniently located for exploring Puerto Del Carmen with the beach approx 2 mins away.

I would definitely return here again, however they could do with better mattresses!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah D
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

We have just got back ,today, from the Lanzaplayer... On the whole I thought it was really good for the money we had paid. There were more positives than negatives. The first thing is GET A TAXI to the resort for about 15 euro rather than paing for a transfer. We landed at 12.05pm and was at the Lanzaplayer 30 mins later. The taxi taked about 10 mins. We went sc but were ging to go AI. I am soooo glad we decided not to. There is no entertainment at all in the hotel so people just sat around the pool bar at night. You would NEED to go out. I cant comment on the food as we did not eat there even though you ahd the option to upgrade for a day, 2 days etc to AI if you wish. The pool was nice and warm, but was not huge, so dont take a lilo, but the pool area was clean. The room was cleaned most most days, we had clean towels and bed linen was reguIarly changed. The shower was powerful and the hairdryer was good. The reception staff were friendly (but Carlos on the bar was grumpy) Location in the resort was good for access to all of the bars and restaurants, however the downside of this was that you could hear them at night (if you went to bed before about 2pm) This did not bother me but my partner struggled to get to sleep some nights. I know that people have complained about things like - no kettle - but there was a saucepan you could boil water in for a brew / the glass panel between the bedroom and bathroom did let light in if you used the bathroom at night, but was not a major problem / the beds were very firm which I found fine but my partner prefers a softer bed so slept on the sofa a couple of nights / we had 2 english speaking chanels, although it says there are 3 (you dont go on holiday to watch TV though) You did have to be out early to get a sunbed, we did always manage to get one but I think this is because we went towards the end of the season. There are loads of really good restaurants with in a 5 - 10 minute walk in either direction of the appts. The American Indian has a fab band on every night, we also spent time in the Galleon. This bar did really nice home cooked food and hte staff were really nice. We went to the "capital" Arriciffe, on the bus one day (cost 1.65 euro). This was a little disappointing, we had a better day in Player Blanco (2.75 euros) where they have the market (this does close at about 2pm though). Dont take any notice of the bus times as they just turn up when they feel like it. I enjoyed my holidayand think that you get what you pay for..... People that moan about things like "no kettle in the room" and "only 1 english channel on TV" and "room not cleaned foe 2 days" should put their hand in their pocket and pay for a better quality palce to stay. There are about 40 other places in Lanzarotte that are rated higher on here than the Lanzaplayer - choose one of those !

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool area are going to be quieter ALSO as there is no air con or fans I would reque...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire-from-Stoke
Coleraine, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

arrived early evening to be told that because we had requested a room with a view we couldn't get it until the next day so we would accommodated in 'the manager's apt.(This was a room that didn't even have a window in the living area, only light could be got by keeping the door to the room open!It was also near the bottle bins for the hotel and from 4am all I could hear was loads of bottles being thrown into the bins!! So got little sleep!!)
I found this very strange as it was only a request and didn't think it should have warranted us not getting our room. Turned out when i queried the reason again I was told the hotel had a group of people whose flight had been cancelled and they all had to stay on another night. I would have preferred to be told the truth from the start instead of making it out that they were trying to accommodate my request as these things happen and is no one's fault.
I complained to the receptionist who checked us in and he spoke to his manager and we were offered breakfast every morning(we were there on self catering basis) and dinner on the night of our arrival as a way of an apology for the inconvenience which I appreciated and accepted.
We got our room at around 1.30pm and the room was adequate for the price we paid.
Some minor faults included no kettle!! Never been to a self catering apartment before that didn't supply a kettle!! Only 1 English speaking channel despite the information pack saying there was three and the bathroom had a big panel of opaque glass between it and the bedroom.. every time we needed to go the bathroom in the middle of the night the other person was disturbed by the light shining through.. beds most uncomfortable I have ever had to sleep on.
The most important point to be made is about the housekeeping.
It was meant to be done 5 times a week... didn't happen in our case... we got into our room on the Tuesday and Friday was the first day we got our room serviced...and even then we didn't get our towels changed!! When I complained I was told 'but your room was serviced on Tuesday!!!'. I would like to think the room was serviced on the Tuesday as it was used by different people on the Monday!! Was told that it would be serviced everyday until our departure... didn't happen. Room wasn't serviced on the Saturday but was done on the Sunday and we were leaving on the Monday.
Bar staff were very friendly and breakfast was very well organised. and the location of the hotel was great.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank traceyf f
brescia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

The apartment was very clean, big bedroom with a comfortable bed, beautifull bathroom with a huge shower. Every apartment has a terrace, our was with ocean view, amazing! The position of the hotel is excellent just 2 minutes walking from the seaside and the shores. The cusine is not very well furnished, just two small cookers and a microwave oven. If you want to cook something and you are more than two persons, probably is not enough.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Percev
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We were in PDC in Aug 2012 and stayed in the Elano Apartments nearby. However I rambled into the Lanzaplaya and found a childrens playground there which we visited most evenings. The other playground we used for our 3/4 yos was at the reastaurant overlooking the beach across from the American Indian, sorry I cant remember its name, Its well worth visiting for playground and also for the food there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vermeer2009
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Booked the Lanzaplaya after reading the good reviews and have to admit most of them are spot on. The location is great , the cleanliness was faultless and the helpfull staff were great.
We were all inclusive but found the food boring and lacking in choice for our 7 yr old daughter so ate out quite a few times. A good point is the drinks are of good quality and not watered down etc.
No entertainment at all , only pool bar open with 8 tables so obviously the hotel did nothing to keep you there on a night.Also the kids club was non existant.
Be aware the kids pool is tiny (baby splashpool) and the other two are not suitable for kids that can't swim as both are above 1.25mtr deep.
Don't get me wrong it was a very nice place but not worth going all inclusive as you end up going out every night to keep your kids entertained which defeats the purpose of all inclusive basis

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank frankie1910
Relaxia L, Director Comercial at Relaxia Lanzaplaya Apartments, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear Frankie,
First of all thank you very much for the time you spend to give us your opinion about our services and facilities; your comments and suggestions are very helpful to us for our daily activity.

We are glad to hear that you had a good stay and the level has generally been positive.
We also note your comments and we start to work on it to make your next stay fully satisfactory.

We reiterate our gratitude and wish to see you again in our establishment,
Best regards,