“Great Hotel - It's that simple.”
Review of Hipotels La Geria

Hipotels La Geria
Ranked #11 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Just returned from an All Inclusive week here. Faultless. Hotel is lovely, food is fantastic - honestly top food - loads of choice, Bar Service is fantastic - great selection of all drinks including cocktails for AI Guests. This is a very quiet hotel that is clearly aimed at couples and 'older' guests.. I'd say average age is around 40+. Pool area in the daytime is very quiet so don't go here if you want a fun loud holiday with pool games etc. its not that type of place, and that's what I personally loved about it. The hotel is closer to Matagorda than it is to Puerto Del Carmen, I thought the location was perfect. Plus only 10 mins taxi from the airport (12-15Euros). Honestly one of the better hotels I have been to in the Canaries.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Ant the Cruiser
There are newer reviews for Hipotels La Geria

Reviewed 10 April 2012

It took all of 10 minutes to transfer to the La Geria from the airport which in itself is a great start to a holiday, first impressions were good as the hotel reception lounge overlooks the whole of the hotels very good eating/bar/and external pool.We were quickly into our room 451 and its easily big enough for two people, a large bathroom/shower which was reasonably lit with a toilet. Bedroom compriseses of a big 2 single divan beds side by side (Together) a flat screen telly on the wall with a fridge (Our fridge was missing, but soon delivered on a request) with more than enough wardrobe space, and a table and two chairs, the balcony was sufficient with another table and two chairs and attached to the wall was a foldable clothes dryer.This balcony gave (Room451) a very good vista of the pool and the garden.We both slept very soundly in this room and the sheets and towels were changed daily plus the room was cleaned daily to a very high standard.We had booked on a B+B basis so we only experienced the breakfast and I give this service 10 out of 10, I enquired (Out of curiosity) about upgrading to All Inc and this would have cost us another 29 Euros pp per day.I did ask other guests about the AL Inc and they said it was very good indeed.All of the staff speak a modicum of English and those who really need to respond to requests spoke at least 3 languages. This hotel is really well run and I cant think of any really bad points, other than the need for clamping down on bed reservation and perhaps "Tea and Coffee" in the rooms; as is the norm in most 4 star hotels. On most nights in the bar area either Bingo or a Quiz was underway with seemingly groups/bands playing towards the end of the week, we were out eating our evening meal (In some of the very good restaurants nearby) when these activities were going on! and invariably when we returned to the hotel at 2300hrs these acts had ended so I cannot comment about this. Drinks were priced about the norm for a hotel of this type and I have no complaints about these, expect to pay 4 euros for beer and wine + I bought a bottle of Vino Soll for 12.50 so this seems about right. Overall this hotel will suit most older travellers who want a no hassle low key holiday. We liked it, but look around to get the best price as we paid more for the B+B than some folks were paying for allinclusive!!!! (Last minute Deals) We stayed in Papagayo last year All inclusive, and it was a better hotel and cheaper. But dont let this put you off as this is still a good bet for older travellers who want a peaceful week in the sun with a sandy beach right on its doorstep, oh by the way; the beach is 300yards away and beds cost 10 euros for two with an umbrella they even put up a big windbreak when its windy; something Papagayo lacks. Go and enjoy.

Room Tip: 451 was good with good sun in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BasilIvybridge
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Just returned from a week at La Geria on an all inclusive basis. The hotel and rooms are very clean, the food is wonderful, (not a great choice for vegetarians but always something), the staff are helpful & friendly and all work very hard, the entertainment chap seems to be working 24/7. There are a couple of things I would like to metion here, the first is the pool which is supposed to be heated, but for the first 3-4 days of our holiday this was not so, the pool was freezing, really cold... the weather was a little cloudy but when this cleared it was hot. Despite the poolside being busy there were never more than one of two people in the water. When people started to complain they were told the pool was heathed to 23 degrees this was not the case, but after this little bit of unrest with the guests, the pool temperature did go up to a more acceptable level. The Air Con is not turned on in the rooms until the 1st May no-one seemed aware in advance of this either. Also I wrote of the pool tempreture on the hotel satisfaction survey and was summoned to the managers office where I was told that the pool and bath/shower water were heated by solar panels and would we prefer hot showers or a warm pool - could we not have both?

Room Tip: Higher floor with a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SUSSEXBB
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel does everything it says on the tin. We stayed for 1 week all inclusive and only arrived home yesterday and can't wait to go back.

Location - The hotel is directly on the beach. There are a variety of bars, shops and restaurants offering every kind of alcohol, juice and food in whichever direction you walk no more than 2 minutes away along the promanade. There is also a bank machine just to the left of the hotel at the shops and a little further on and across the road is a Last Minute excursion shop (We used them to book a trip). Peurto Del Carmen is about a 30ish minute stroll to the right of the hotel and it really is a lovely walk. We went around 6pm so the sun was still out but it wasn't too hot. However, buses are readily available just outside the hotel to go anywhere and seem frequent.

Rooms - Our room was great. We had a room that was sunny in the morning but not in the afternoon which was perfect for us and it was not too hot of a night. Other people on the other side of the hotel said they were hot of a night and the aircon is not used until May.......... The beds are comfortable and the TV I think just has news channels but we didn't watch it. The maids cleaned and changed the towels and beds everyday. We didn't have a fridge but apparently you could ask for one. Your card key operates the electric in your room so make sure you get 2 so you can leave one in to power the fridge whilst you are out or your milk will go off! Fab showers and nice bathrooms but remember to take a travel kettle!

All inclusive - Food was lovely. Lots of choice at all 3 meals. I think the key to an all inclusive is not to try bits of everything every meal but just pick one dish as otherwise the food does get a little repetative, but this is to be expected at any all inclusive. There was plenty of meat, fish and salad, some cooked freshly in front you on demand. i also particularly liked the seafood night with fresh salmon, huge prawns and mussels. In terms of drinks the Pina Colada's are nice but sweet and the likes of vodka is very big sizes in the glass so ask for a seperate cocke if you don't like it like that as I found it too strong. The snack selection I did not try as I was always too full up from meal times. There is an excellent coffee/tea selection included and freshly made and they even had hot chocolate and milkshales included! My 13 year old was very happy! Other's have commented about having to wait for the waiters but I didn't find this a problem although I would hope that during busier periods there would be more bar staff. I did like the waiter service rather than self service as I actually felt like I was on holiday!

Entertainment - The guy who did the animation was great. He would ask around the pool if you wanted to join in but would not hassle you if you said no. He also did bingo or a quiz in the evening after the show. The shows of an evening were pretty good and my daughter and the friends she met did seem to enjoy them a lot. They were funny and entertaining but as with all hotel entertainment don't be expecting anything too extravagant! They tried hard to keep everyone entertained and most families/people seemed to enjoy it.

Staff - I found the staff brilliant. I think its a testiment to the hotel that some of the staff have been there over 10 years! Nothing was too much trouble and they always had a smile for you.

General - The pool was very cold when we arrived and after a few days of people asking they did switch the heaters on in it and did get warmer, so make sure you ask them to put them on! There is an outdoor chess board, crazy golf, fussball table and pool table to keep everyone entertained. There is also a tennis court but they were charging 10 Euro's an hour for this which seemed a little high in view so we did not use it.

Overall we had a brilliant holiday and met some great people and we are hoping to all meet up with our girls at the same place and the same time next year! There wasn't much for kids to do but all the kids who were there seemed to be having a ball! I would say that the hotel is suited for all people who are looking for a quieter break in a smaller complex.

I must just make clear that although I have rated this with 5 stars it is not because I think it is a 5 star hotel, as it is not but because it is a good 4 star, offered good value for money and the on the whole offered excellent service with a manager who took the time to speak to you just for a general chat. Seriously, just go and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank stephandabbey
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just returned from a week all inclusive and was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. The room (428) was a good size for two with sea/pool view and was kept immaculately by the maid and had everything we needed, although tea/coffee making facilities would have been welcomed. The restaurant was excellent with plenty of choice for all meals although some of the staff could have been a little more helpful. The location of the hotel was just what we wanted, close to the beach, a few shops only about 10 minutes walk away along the promenade which runs all the way from the airport to Puerto del Carmen. Don't go to this hotel if you want a family holiday as there is precious little for children to do but if you want a quiet break then it fits the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gunnermalc
Reviewed 26 March 2012

a great hotel .food was delicious.staff were friendly .i would definitely highly rate it it was a short walk to all the amenities.the beach was gorgeous.the room was very clean and comfortable. the bed was huge..

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank annieireland179
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here for a week all inclusive in March 2012. The room was quite large and pretty clean, although could have done with a fridge. The maids were extremely efficient in cleaning the room. Food was really good and the staff in the restaurant were also really friendly and helpful. The bar service was pretty good and was comparable with other all inclusive deals we have used previously. The pool was cleaned very thoroughly every day. Facilities are ok with the gym being slightly dated. The access to the beach is ideal with the gate at the back of the hotel (which is used as the front for the duration of your stay) being right across the road. We enjoyed our stay and I would stay here again if I was in Puerto Del Carmen.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Lani's Suites de Luxe
Lani's Suites de Luxe
#1 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort

Been to Hipotels La Geria? Share your experiences!