“Nice, quiet hotel in good location”
Review of Hipotels La Geria

Hipotels La Geria
Ranked #11 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I usually go for more adventurous holidays but since she's pregnant, this year we opted for a quiet, straightforward week in the sun instead and La Geria was the perfect spot for that. A couple of minutes walk from the smallish set of shops and restaurants nearby or about half an hour from the main strip and wider selection in Puerto del Carmen, that was perfect for us and we enjoyed a wide range of food. The beach was quite nice to walk along but it's man-made and reminded me more of builders' sand than the golden beaches we're used to so we opted to spend most of the time by the pool instead, which was absolutely fine. The only mild annoyance was the extraordinary number of people who reserved sunbeds and left them unattended for hours on end. Even though it wasn't that busy, it was difficult to get any beds in decent positions after 9 o'clock because they all had towels on them (and no people); the towels were generally still there a couple of hours later, but still no sign of any people.

The staff were very friendly and attentive. Wi-fi access is provided in the lobby but is fairly patchy and very slow. It was a bit of a shame to be charged to hold the room for a couple of extra hours at check-out because our flight was late (since nobody was using it after us), but of course that's fairly standard practice.

Everything is nice and clean, our room was well-positioned and well-furnished and the place did everything we wanted it to.

6  Thank MakingPastry
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at Hipotels La Geria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your time and your nice report about your stay with us. We are glad to know you enjoyed your holidays and hope having the chance to welcome you back again in a future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I just recently came back from my holiday early Sunday morning. I arrived on the 7th June with my partner about 10.30pm.

The front of the hotel was really nice, however the surroundings at the front seemed though there was a lot of building works to be done. I knew this before I went after reading a review so I requested a room overlooking the pool.

Checking in was really easy and felt a warm welcome from reception, we stayed all inclusive and although dinner at the hotel ended we were offered a small sit down buffet. I thought this was very kind of them, however we chose to decline as we were so very tired. We arrived at the room and it was very clean, and we also had pool view as I had asked for.
The room had two single beds pushed together, which I guess is what a double is really over there. I wasn't fussed as being really hot I preferred my own space :)!

Our first breakfast was amazing! We wasn't expecting best for all inclusive as we know they aren't always amazing abroad. The next breakfast however they changed the sausages, they were labels English frankfurters but did not taste the same at all. We wasn't to bothered as we could omelettes, cheese and ham toasties, or make our own bacon and egg sandwich!
Lunch was great too! There were a selection of pasta at the grill desk to choose from which I was happiest with.
Dinner also was nice on days, some days I preferred just a plate of chips but they so serve steaks and fish pretty often of your into those. Be careful with chicken as at the grill they were in a rush and hadn't cooked it long enough for my partner.

The pool area was nice and clean! And do not reserve sunbeds. There is a message saying not to, and some people were really unhappy about having towels moved and taken away. I never reserved and I find it fair as I was able to get a bed near the pool after breakfast.

The entertainers by the pool were amazing! So very friendly! They made our holiday! They ask you to join on activities and really love to get involved! These included: beach volley, beach football, darts, shooting, bowels and aqua gym. I also notice the have a kids club also in the day and mini disco on the early night.

The pool bar staff were also friendly and as all inclusive we are served drinks in recyclable plastic cups by the pool whereas if you pay you get large plastic cups. This didn't bother us as we could just refill them. I thought the drinks were good! I have vodka a lot and sangria. The portions in the inside bar were good and vodka was filled half way! Spent a few nights a little drunk in the toilets! Haha!

Overall the situation was lovely! The beach was just opposite the hotel pool and literary you just cross the road! Shops and bars were in 10 mins walking distance, not even that! I also recommend If you like walking just 45mins along the path by the bars you can go to the airport where you see airplanes take of and land just above you! Fantastic! Also you can hire a bike or four/six person bike buggie!
Bus stop is also 10 min walk from hotel from the left. And was only about a 15minute drive from the airport.

We also booked to trips at reception! The playa blanca market, which was great as it was on the harbour and we loved shopping! Also the north tour!, wow amazing saw some lagoons and amazing sites!

The hotel definitely earns it's 4*star! But is not 5* in my belief only in relation to other hotels I visited.

The only thing I would criticise mainly is at dinner men have to were trousers longer than the knee! My partner only had jeans and was really hot for him at dinner! Also girls are ok wearing skirts and shorts so I don't see the problem with at least long shorts above the knee.

Really enjoyed my stay! First holiday with my partner and they made it a rememberable experience! Staff I can't fault, always smiling and working their utmost best to make us happy!

Would I stay again!? Absolutely, but I prefer to try new hotels so won't be anytime soon. :D

Hope this helps you guys! I will try and post some pictures soon of the hotel and the tours!
Thankyou for reading.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tripscanner4

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your time writing a detailed and accurate description on your experience with us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our services and installations and hope your comments encourage many more guests to visit us.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here 11 nights all inclusive with my wife and first thoughts are great hotel and staff,on checking we were greeted by cheerful staff and a quick painless service as all we wanted to do was dump the cases and have dinner.

I had emailed the hotel prior to staying as it was my wife's birthday the day we arrived and I wanted a some flowers which the hotel kindly arranged (Yes I am a big softy)

Lovely clean room overlooking the pool and just perfect for our stay,good selection of drinks and although it is table service at night the waiters did not make any difference in speed of service between paying customers or all inclusive which was stated in previous reviews.

The entertainment was not great but the animation team worked hard and trust me earn their pay.

Not the only bad point the food,we found the choice in food very repetitive also the show cooking was very hit and miss as the chef cooked quickly and a few times I had to take meat back.

My wife is a chef and was horrified to see the chefs using the same utensils for raw and cooked meat,I had words with Rita through email and it was sorted by the next day and spoke top her in person and found her very nice and hard working.

Would I go back to La Geria??

Yes but not all inclusive.

In short (to late) great clean hotel,great staff and Lanzarote is really nice.Just not so great choice food wise.

3  Thank Keith Y
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at Hipotels La Geria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your time and for letting us know about your impression on your stay with us. We appreciate any comment made and will work on your suggestions to keep improving day by day.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon back,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have been travelling to the island for over 25 years now and normally stay either Puerto Calero or Puerto del Carmen. For a change, we decided to stay for 4 nights B&B at La Geria as we were attending a birthday party of a friend who lives on the island. The hotel was really comfortable, in a great position and the staff were all very well trained and pleasant, without being intrusive. I e-mailed to make the reservation and asked politely for a room on a high floor, with a sea view. That is exactly what they provided. Breakfast selection was excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend. This hotel was a real treat.

Room Tip: The staff with go out of their way to accommodate a good room if you ask politely.
5  Thank Fussy0
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at Hipotels La Geria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for the nice kind words and for your excellent rating. Thank you for your time letting other customers know about your experience with us.
We hope it encourages many more to visit us.
Very best regards from all the Team at the Hotel Hipotels La Geria.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel in April 2014 for a week on a B and B basis. From the day we arrived to the day that we left everything was fantastic. Our room was spacious and we had a large balcony overlooking the pool and was perfect for an evening glass of wine. The hotel was very clean, our room was made up every day and we were celebrating birthday and the hotel left us a complimentary bottle of wine which we thought was extremely nice of them. The pool and facilities were excellent and the front desk was always very helpful for any quires we had (compliments to the short haired german(?) lady who's name we can't remember at the moment). we travelled with our nephew (2 yr old) and the staff very extremely friendly and always had time to chat with him. Generally it is a quiet relaxed hotel and no thumping loud dance music by the pool side. Location of the hotel is directly across from the beach and there are shops, bars and restaurants only 5 min walk away but however a walk to the main strip would take around 30-40 min walking or 5 mins (5-6 euro) with taxi. The walk is very pleasant and runs parallel to the sea front.
Overall a fabulous week was had which was all the more for having stayed at la geria. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: we got a room facing the pool and it was beautiful
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Agy M
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at Hipotels La Geria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear guest,
thank you for your time and your nice words towards your stay with us. We will be glad to forward your nice comments to the rest of our staff.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Quite a nice small hotel with small pool and gardens in private grounds.
Hotel generally clean and tidy, staff pleasant, bedrooms very comfortable although balconies are a little small.
Food was reasonable but "show cooking" was basically frying.
We were there for a week in May and found the restaurant Ok, but a week was enough.
Beer, wine, cold drinks and coffee all good but if you want spirits be prepared for cheap imitations.
Entertainment most nights was not bad and atmosphere in bar was good.
The hotel has a private access gate to main road which you use to access the huge main beach.
Easy walk into Puerto del Carmen or Arrifice.
All in all not a bad spot but it is Spanish 4 star which I would rate as 3 1/2

Room Tip: Nice quiet hotel but there would not be a lot for kids to do other than the pool. I would recommend...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter R
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manager Canaries at Hipotels La Geria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time taken to write a review on your stay with us. We appreciate any comment made and all improvement suggestions are welcome.
Looking forward to your next visit,
Best regards from all the Team at Hotel Hipotels La Geria.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Lovely hotel in quieter beachfront location which suited us. Shops bars close by and busier resort only short walk away. Staff very friendly, rooms clean and food superb. No problem getting sunbed at anytime of the day. Would like to return but think its bit pricey compared to other hotels but i suppose you pay for what you get. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank LanzaroteLover2013
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at Hipotels La Geria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your time writing a review. We appreciate it very much.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your holidays with us and look forward to welcoming you back again,
Best regards from all the Team at the Hotel Hipotels La Geria!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
Las Costas
Las Costas
#6 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort

Been to Hipotels La Geria? Share your experiences!