We stayed here in March, the second stay in a Riu AI after holidaying in their ClubHotel Oliva Beach in Fuertuventura in June 2010. We thought the the standard of AI was first class at the Oliva Beach resort but this hotel exceeded our expectations. It was a great shame the weather wasnt as good as it could have been having brought our holiday forward from June due to health reasons,especially as we had to pay more in March than we would have in June. The hotel cant help the weather but it is amazing how many people were complaining about the weather to the reception staff. It was cold on two days & it would have been nice to have some heating on but by the time the hotel switched the heating on the third day, the sun had decided to come out.
The hotel is very clean & well set out & the fact it is two hotels means there are lots of nice gardens to walk around in. I suffer with walking any great distance at the moment & i found the walk between the two took just a few minutes. The rooms are set out in a way that makes them private & not overlooked & not noisey like in a big hotel.The staff are so friendly & quick to assist & i did not see any evidence of drinks being watered down. With the weather clouding over/raining by early afternoon most days, we certainly made full use of the bar!
Yes the food can get a bit repetative but isnt it always at AI & I have never had tuna steaks at lunch time at an AI hotel before. Yes the resturant must be very busy at peak times but we found going later into service meant we always got a table & as most of the food is cooked by the chefs in front of you it is always hot & freshly cooked. We tried all 3 themed restuarants and the Asian one was the best by far.
The enterainment was not our cup of tea & very much like the previous visit to Riu but we went along most nights & did have the odd laugh (mostly at the Germans......) but no-one can deny the Riu team dont work hard to put on a show. If you dont like it do something else instead. A taxi to the main resort was about 3 euro & is walkable in the day.
We always got a sunbed, when the sun did decide to pay us a visit even though plenty ignored the do not reserve rule & the free pool towels are a great idea. There are plently of pools but even the heated ones were a tad cold during my visit which was a bit of a disappointment.
This was my second visit to Lanzarote & so I would only come back if I got a great last minute deal & never in March but I am already looking for my next holiday later this year & it will definately be another Riu! I gave the hotel 5/5, if 4&1/2 was an option i would have gone for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen