Myself and my partner spent a winter weeks break at this hotel in Feb 2014, over all we had a great holiday, yes it was on occasion windy but the sun shone and the hotel was good.
We arrived later at night, and were offered a glass of orange juice on arrival, nice touch.
As has been said this is two hotels now being operated as one, we were allocated a room on the quiet side (other hotel) of the complex this is accessed via a long boardwalk, yes at first it feels a long way but once you find your bearings there are quicker ways back to reception or resturants via the garden walkways, in fact we enjoyed this little walk.
Location wise the hotel is on the airport side of the resort in a quiet stretch but with easy walking distance of shops bars and the start of the main strip.
The room was a bit dated but was clean well maintained and comfortable with anice big balcony and sea view. No complaints. Maid service was daily and agian we had no issues.
Meals are served in the main resturant near to the reception, now this has a bit of a canteen feel and the tables are cllose together, but you cant fault the staff who are excellant at keeping things moveing and clearing any dirty plates out the way. The choice in here could I think become a bit repetitive, however there are three themed resturants on offer that have to be pre booked at reception but can be used as many times as you like we ate here 4 of our 7 nights, tice in the asian and once each in the Cannarian and Mexican. All good, but best for us was the Asian.
Pool: we used the pool on our side of the complex away from the main reception and bar, it has iots own poolside bar serveing snacks and lunch that was open from 1000 till 1800 each day. It also has a swim up bar that was open on our stay and is in the heated side of the pool. Sunbeds are a bit close but there alre plenty of them and since this side is a bit quieter we really like our spot.
The nighttime entertaiment is by the hotel entertainment team, cant really commnet on this as we never really went to see it other than 5 mins here and there.
The only bars open at night are in the main part of the complex undrneat reception, now in summer I am sure this is fine but in winter despite the all to sparse gas space heaters, its cold the wind whistles thow it, Hotel Managment really need to look at this for winter, there is no reason they could not install tempoary plastic covers/blinds to the front of the porch and at a stroke heat the place up !!!!!! and in so doing increase the enjoyment for guests.
One other thing is which cant be explained, other than cost cutting, there is a nice indoor space in the quiet side of the hotel which looks like it was previously a reception/bar, if this was used with say piped easy listening music, I am sure the hotel would have a winner,... and reduce the number of people trying to squezze around the space heaters in the porch on the main side.
This was the one major downside of the complex and I heard many a guest mentioning it.
So come on Riu address this issue for winter guests.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel, so in value for money terms it was worth it. Enjoy you stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen