Everyone has a different perspective on what they expect from a holiday, but unfortunately I was generally disappointed. The hotel looked great in the brochure however in reality it was not what I expected. The old Riu Palace of the joined up hotel of two halves which I was accommodated in (room 4483) was small and not furnished to a great standard. The bed was the equivalent to sleeping on a brick; the pillows were also of very poor quality and extremely uncomfortable. The worn out patio doors led to a small balcony furnished with two white cheap plastic chairs and a small square table which I would not even use in my own garden. what could have been a pleasant sea view was hidden by massive palm trees. On a positive side the bathroom was reasonable, although the shower could have done with a new thermostat as it kept running hot then cold and so on. If you end up with this room which is the farthest away in the block it is a five minute walk to the main reception area which is in the other half of the hotel. The dining room is massive and everyone is on top of everyone else from choosing your buffet style meals to sitting at a table. It is totally claustrophobic. If it is not windy and cool I suggest taking your meals outside instead where at least you can breathe and have your own space. The three themed evening restaurant choices, Canarian, Asian and Mexican were excellent and a far nicer eating experience. The swimming pools and relaxing area in the older part of the hotel is by far the quietest and most relaxing. Some of the entertainment was just dire unless you like to be entertained by a group of three transvestites, it was not only cheap but embarrassing, but then again there is no accounting for taste. If you are looking for a relaxed intimate hotel, this is not the place to stay. I wish the management would make a rule to stop a small minority of ignorant people from wearing baseball caps and sleeveless shirts in the restaurant area, not only is it unsightly it is extremely bad mannered, but again there are a minority that frankly don't care and have no manners in any case. All the staff at the hotel are exemplary and a credit to the company they are employed by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen