“Card required in bed before they change the sheets !!”

ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort
Ranked #18 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed first week inMay and we were very disappointed in the entertainment and were often in bed by 10 o clock as there is nowhere to sit near a bar and have a quiet drink. There did used to be a piano bar near the reception area which would have suited us perfectly.
But my main gripe was that our sheets were not changed until I went to reception to complain. I was informed that to get clean sheets I must put a piece of paper (I later found this is a card. With instructions on found in the room) in the bed !! We did not have one of these cards in our room and therefore did not have a change until our last night. How the maid put my husbands crumpled sweaty and dirty from his feet sheets back on the bed each day is worrying.
This aside we will not be returning to this hotel as we had many small irritations and we always try not to complain and just enjoy what we do like.

Room Tip: Try to get main building, not really noisy and everything ends at 11.pm
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ann H
Write a ReviewReviews (3,817)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We visited the Hotel from the 4th to the 11th of May 2014 - we had e mailed in advance because my husband had not been well and we were travelling with my sister and brother in law the Hotel accommodated our request to be situated in rooms next door to each other in case I needed assistance with my husband which was very much appreciated. The Hotel is very nice - very clean - welcome was good and very friendly as we arrived we were invited to go down straight away to have Dinner, which was nice we received a good friendly welcome in the Restaurant - we found it a little crowded around the pool so we spent most of our time on the beach - which is very nice but of course not part of the Hotel so we had to pay for the use of loungers and sun shades - but that was our choice - we felt that the towels were a little thin and would benefit from being replaced and no tea or coffee making equipment in the rooms but everything else was good - the only problem we had was that on our last evening we went to Dinner and a new waiter was on duty - I believe his name was Joel - we found him very rude this was a surprise as every one else had been so nice all week - I would have made a formal complaint if it had not been our last night. We did not find the Thompson reps in this Hotel very helpful at all, but of course this was not the Hotel's fault.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Josephine W
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first visit to Lanzarote and this hotel and we are already looking to book again next year. Staff were all helpful and very pleasant. Really clean hotel and great pools especially the swim up bar pool! Really good facilities and a great location, right on the beach. Also less than 10mins drive from airport and a short 15-20min stroll into Puerto del Carmen. Highly recommend this hotel.

4  Thank Meek01
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed 1st May to 8th May 2014, as part of a birthday celebration for my wife,s 60th.I sent an e-mail the week before requesting a high floor room and we were delighted to be informed on arrival that we had in fact been upgraded to a suite on the forth floor 4437 with an excellent pool/sea view.The standard of cleanliness was excellent,the food was of high quality and always well presented.The staff were friendly,helpfull and always had a smile.Would I stay there again ? a 100% resounding YES.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank malcolm r
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a week at this hotel at the end of April, it was a lovely hotel with nice views but the staff were out of this world. There were loads of staff and they always seemed to be busy but nothing was too much to ask if you required help or services, and there was always plenty of bar staff. I'v been to hotels before were they only ever seem to have two bar staff on duty at any one time, but this was not the case here. There was two swimming pool areas one more active and one a bit quieter which gave you the choice on how you wanted you day to be. The rooms were nice and clean the food in the restaurants and snack bars was good. It could get a little chilly at night sitting outside in the wind, especially if you are a smoker which both myself and I are, so i was glad I'd brought my Hoody along. I would without doubt go back to this hotel if the deal was right. All in all a nice hotel with the right ratio of staff that were nice too, good food and pleasant surroundings, plus not too far from the night life when you want it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bryan D
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a wonderful time here, the staff are so friendly. we don't usually go all inclusive but I have to say we had a wonderful time. The food was good, there was always something nice to eat we had a visit to the Asian, Mexican and Canarian restaurants and all were really good. The wine and other drinks were on tap but there is also bars where you can have cocktails etc. Our room was in a "villa" away from the main hotel this was fine, it was lovely and clean so no problems there. The entertainment team at the hotel are all lovely and so friendly, we had a few good laughs, overall a great holiday, we would certainly go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank coventryLinda
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed 01st May to 8th May 2014. Nice room ( 352 ) we sent an e-mail requesting this room after been told it was a nice room. It had a sea view and was no extra in cost. Food is great, particularly the Asian restaurant. Overall i was extremely happy with the service, room, food, cleanliness and staff. Well worth the money.

Only negatives were having to pay for wi-fi ( 30mins for €1 ), the gym was terrible, with no free weights and broken machines and no drink facilities in room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple