My parter and I made very clear when booking that we were looking for something relaxing and peaceful as I was in recovery after a leg operation. This was obviously overlooked as arrived and were given a room so far away from everything that you felt like part of a different hotel, which was situated beside the hotels "nightclub" along with another 9 or 10 rooms in a line on their own, there were bugs and bird droppings everywhere all over our balcony, which we had to clean ourselves everyday. Our rooms obviously just extra space and more money to be made.
When going to the main resteraunt you were put at a table for 2, with another table for 2... So you are realistically having 3 meals a day at a table with other couples. We didn't go during peak times for food as it was like feeding time at the zoo, people with no manners pushing and shoving past to get everything they want. Eating in was a horrible experience. The food alone was not worth this, not much for Brits, most of it was catered for German and Spanish people, unless you want to eat rice and stale chips every night then take a trip into Porto del Carmen. We had dinner in the hotel a few times at 9.00 because the manic had died down by this time, but even then it wasn't worth it.
We had similar problem with sunbeds, trying to get one was almost impossible, even when you did you were almost sunbathing on strangers, far too cramped.
We didn't see the female rep at all on our entire stay but we did see Dean, who was kind and helpful when we had questions.
The waiting staff tried very hard and found them all to be all so kind and helpful, they all look so tired and worn down yet they treat you like royalty, I am aware they work extremely long and gruelling hours, maybe a few extra days off or shorter shifts may be in order there, as for entertainers, they often didn't speak English mostly in German and Spanish, we were often left guessing what was being said over microphones, even things like bingo where the numbers were only called out in German... Not great...
As for a relaxing break, that was not had, it was just far too manic, overcrowded and over sold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Lastminute, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen