“Nice place for our family.”
Review of Hotel Floresta

Hotel Floresta
Ranked #17 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we stayed for 11 nights from 5-16 july 2014 with 2 adult and 1 child 8 years. We got room 1303 with 2 bedrooms and living area. it was perfect room for our kid.The room just in front of the swimming pool. We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, good breakfast, every evening changed the dinner. exp. today Dutch food, tomorrow Spanish food, or the day after Chinese food, but also keep European standard food. Location of the hotel is OK for us, quite with small shopping area close to the hotel and not too close to noise the bar, we can walk just 5 min to the beach, the Spar supermarket very close. If wanted to do shopping just take the bus for 1,35 euro/person to the city. we had nice holidays at Floresta hotel.

1  Thank Kannapa Ties Ta... K
Ulrike B, Reception at Hotel Floresta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hello Kannapa Ties...Ta:
We are very happy that you and your family had a nice holiday. It seems that you enjoyed your apartment near the pool and as well liked the food in the restaurant with the different theme nights.
We hope we can welcome you again in the near future.
Many greetings from your Hotel Floresta-Team.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fortnight at this hotel with my inlaws and have to say it was amazing. There were 9 of us ranging from age 2-65. Food was decent, something for everyone, even had theme nights inc Chinese, Mexican and Italian. Very clean, inside and out of the rooms. Entertainment was hit or miss...mainly hit but who goes away for the entertainment, but again they try to keep everyone happy. The magician's were the best and the kids enjoyed the animal shows....I even volunteered to be on stage as part of the reptile show and held a python! Nathan and Lilly (the animaćion team) were fab, esp Nathan who could speak to most nationalities. The other staff were friendly and accommodating and you could get most drink as part of all inclusive. All in all a fab place and only 5 mins from the beach and 10/20 from the centre. However, there was one slight drawback. The 2 main pools are both salt water and this is where all the games are taken place and next to the pool bar. My kids didn't want to join in the miniclub games as they didnt like the salt water. We used the smaller, non salty pool for the whole fortnight (which actually worked out better for us) but it isn't advertised as having 2/3 salt water pools. This aside, it was a fantastic place to stay, the rooms have a kitchenette with a hob, fridge freezer and microwave. They also supply fresh water, free of charge everyday, which I have never had before. All in all, would totally recommend this venue to anyone visiting Puerto Del Carmen.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank moss3johnston1
Ulrike B, Reception at Hotel Floresta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hello moss3johnston1:
we are very happy that your big family had a great time in Floresta and you enjoyed your time very much. It seems that you enjoyed the food, found everything very clean and participated as well in the animation with Nathan and Lilly. Just on thing: we do advise that we have two saltwater and two sweetwater pool.
We hope you will decide to come back on day.
Many greetings from the Hotel Floresta-TEam.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just returned from our 4th visit to Floresta. It was a 16 day stay all inclusive, with two 1 bedroom apartments. One for me, my wife and 2 children (13 and 11), and one for my Dad.
I emailed when booking and asked if possible could we have rooms near each other, in blocks D,E or F, preferably upstairs. I understand that requests cannot always be met, but when we arrived we were give 2 rooms upstairs in block F. Excellent !! As mentioned in other reviews, reserved sunbeds will have their towels removed before 9am. This is much better, and we managed to get beds with shade everyday. Our rooms were kept very clean by our maids, and as before the pool terraces and gardens around the complex are beautifully maintained. Nathan and Lilly were very good with games and bingo etc. How do they remember names of so many people? Mention must be made of the bar and restaurant staff. These work so hard from breakfast until midnight in the heat, and always have a smile for us. "Teng" in the bar even remembered all our family's drinks each time. "Herbert" remembered us from previous visits and was very welcoming. Great staff.
Food was fine, with lots of roast meats and lovely salad choices. Our favourites were the Chinese and Mexican theme nights.
Our towels were changed very regularly, but maybe a change of system could save on unnecessary laundry , maybe guests could leave dirty / used towels in the bath for changing, and those left on rails and hooks not be changed.
Lovely holiday. Totally recommended Floresta. Thank you once again.

1  Thank Familyman027
Ulrike B, Reception at Hotel Floresta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hello Familyman027:
We are delighted that you have already spent 4 holidays in Floresta and once again enjoyed your time very much. It seems that you were very satisfied with all our services. You especially mentioned the cleanliness and furthermore the friendliness of all the staff. We hope very much that it hasn't been your last stay in our hotel.
We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was a great located hotel,near the beach and near to many small shops. Kids ages 6,14 and 17 loved it.

A very friendly staff,helped you with any question we had and a very good all inclusive.

Rooms where nice and clean. Cleaning lady came every day.

The pool felt cold,but the kids did swim there every day,myself only a few times.

Lot of German people in this hotel,elderly,sweet people.

Would be ready to go back anytime :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FinMum3

Hello FinMum3:
We are very happy that you and your family had a great time in Floresta. You mentioned especially the clean apartments and the friendly staff. It seems that your children enjoyed the pool a lot. We hope you will decide to stay in Florest again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We returned yesterday from our 7 night holiday at the Floresta. I travelled with my partner, my 13 year old son and his mate the same age. The hotel was better than some of the reviews we read. We were very impressed with the food, both the standard and variety. We particularly enjoyed the Mexican themed night and the Chinese themed night and found the food especially delicious on these nights. I think with all inclusive it's the same everywhere, if you put too much variety on one plate, it will get a bit boring but if you keep to one theme on your plate (ie salad and meet for lunch then cooked for dinner) there is plenty of variety. I too agree that some normal bacon for breakfast would have been good and also some proper sausages as I am not keen on the frankfurter style ones but did enjoy the Chorizo style ones that were with the main meals on occasions which could be used for breakfast.

We also found the entertainment better than some of the reviews. We particularly enjoyed the bird of prey show and the boys loved the Flamenco night with the pretty, young belly dancer! I would mention that we were really looking forward to the reptile night and were a little disappointed that it wasn't so much about showing off the reptiles for everyone to see as making money out of photos. I was only able to look at one of the snakes close up as the men doing the show were busy doing photos at the end.

We didn't have a problem with the sunbeds as we thought we might. We particularly wanted an umbrella and put our towels out just before 9 on the way to breakfast most mornings. We didn't have our towels removed. There were also plenty of sunbeds left in a pile if you didn't need an umbrella.

I emailed in advance for a quiet room away from the building work and near the pool and we got what we asked for. Our room did slightly smell of stale smoke but we didn't ask to move apartments. It was ok after keeping both doors open for a while. We didn't have any problem with noise and our apartment was very clean. Also the boys slept very well on the sofa beds in the lounge area.

I also emailed in advance to ask if there was water polo as I knew my son had enjoyed it on holiday in other places. The email came back to say that there wasn't but there was volleyball, tennis and mini golf (as I had read). We were therefore very impressed to find there was water polo and also football on for the older ones. My son and his mate really enjoyed joining in both activities as often as they could and made some friends this way. For me it would have been nice to have some water aerobics mid morning perhaps but overall we found the daytime activities better than expected. We also tried out the two freshwater pools that are tucked away a bit but worth a visit if you want a change from swimming in the salt water main pool (I have to add that the main pool was not as salty as I was expecting and we didn't find this a problem).

The hotel is in a brilliant location. We went to the beach a few times across the road for a swim in the sea and then back again to the pool. Ideally it would be good if the hotel had sunbeds supplied free of charge on the beach for all inclusive guests like you get in some places. We didn't find out how much they were to rent. We went on the Short South Tour to see the volcanos and the boys enjoyed a camel ride. We also had fun hiring a 4 seater bike from along the seafront.

Overall we were very happy with our hotel choice. The staff were friendly and work very hard. We would recommend this hotel and think it could easily become a 4*. Thank you to all at the Floresta.

Southampton 2nd-9th August 2014

Room Tip: As for a quiet room near the main pool. It's nearer for bars and restaurants.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank crogers4

Hello crogers4:
Thank you for your very detailled description of your holiday. It seems that you had a great time. you mentioned the friendly and hard working staff, the very good food where you especially enjoyed the theme nights. It ssems that you participated quite a lot in the entertainment and had a very good time.
We hope that you will decide to stay again in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

loved everything about this hotel! me and my boyfriend went for my 20th birthday when we arrived we had a bottle on champers waiting in our room. however my boyfriend later told me he had informed the hotel of my birthday but still was lovely of the hotel. i would high recommend the trip to the volcanos!! such an eye opener! the staff at the hotel were fab fab fab! only one staff member that didnt stay to standed with the rest of the staff (the lady receptionist). the food was nice but not amazing as any hotel. the restaurants around the corner are lovely! My boyfriend loves stake and said he had the best ever stake he has ever had at paddys paradise on the strip. overall very enjoyable holiday and hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view and if its your birthday let them know!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abbie-victoria
Ulrike B, Reception at Hotel Floresta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hello abbie-victoria:
We are very happy that you had an enjoyable holiday. It seems that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and the surrounding area and had the chance to celebrate your birthday while on the island.
We hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future.
Many greetings from the Hotel Floresta-Team.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Been back a week now and wish I was back at hotel floresta, however this wasn’t the case on my last few days. We booked this only a few days before, so wasn’t 100 % sure what we was getting.
We arrived on the 23rd July for a 10 night stay, myself, my wife and 2 kids, Charlie, 9 and summer 4. We decided to get a taxi, as it was only a few miles from the airport. We knew this before as we have stayed in the same resort 7 years ago.
On Arrival at the hotel at around 7pm, we was checked in very quickly and with no hassle and told where to find out room, which was G106. After walking in, we was surprised how spacious the rooms was, separate bedroom, with 2 singles beds, a lovely bathroom, which has a shower, but no bath….. then the living room come kitchen, which had a fridge, microwave and a hob… as if we was going to use that on an all-inclusive… the L shaped sofa turned in to 2 single beds, by taking the cushions off…. But hang on, there was no extra bed linen for the sofa beds… so off I went back to reception and within minutes we had it all sorted… have to say the pillows are very basic.
Once all done we went to the restaurant and managed to find a table, but being the first time in there, we didn’t know where anything was or what you done for drinks, as there was a price list on the table, so wondered did we have to pay for drinks or not, we found the juice station and thought that was it, which the next night we realised you can queue up for the soft drinks and beer…
The food at first looked very nice with a quite a few choices on the hot counter, which had a live cooking station, where they done a fish and a meat. There was quite a few options in the salads and desserts area too…. Over the time here they had a Mexican night, a Chinese night and an Italian. Whilst the evening meals where nice at first, it did become repetitive and you did see, the food being on the hot counter one, night and then on the salad the next. The food at breakfast was the same every day, but there’s not a lot you can do with that, at lunch you can order food at the bar by the pool, such as cheese and ham toasties, burgers, nuggets, hot dogs and chips.. Or you could go in to the restaurant. All in all the food was ok, but needed a few night out….
Drinks / Bar
You have the options of the local beer “Reina” which was nice, then the soft drinks such as coke, Fanta, 7 up etc., then you had a couple of slushes, shorts and cocktails, which you had to queue for and most of the time, there was a queue, no fault to the bar staff as they worked very hard and always with a smile, its they there was only 1 beer pump, 1 soft drinks etc., so had to wait whilst the bar man in front finished. There was a machine for coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc., which was self-serve also a water dispenser… also you can get a 1 ½ litre bottle of water, which we got when we left at night, lovely and cool once left in the fridge overnight. Have to say that I wish the pool bar would open up earlier as nowhere to get drinks until 11am… as you are not supposed to take them from the restaurant and even so that closes as 10am.. A little earlier would be nice or have the coffee machine just outside. Small things, but a lot felt the same..
Sun beds
On arrival we was told that no sun beds can be reserved before 9 am and if they was the towels will be removed. On our first night we got chatting to a couple and said that a lot of beds have towels on them very early and none were removed. On our first morning, we got up and on the way to breakfast we put the towels on the beds we wanted… when we came back 20 mins later, they towels were in pile on the pool table with everyone else’s, not a problem, we got our back and sat on the same sunbed. Which is a good thing as they pre warned us.. however when people came back 4/5/6 hours later to find the beds they wanted has been taken and that there towels had been moved, they got quite upset…. Tough, they shouldn’t be selfish and leave them that long… I am an early riser, so every morning me and my boy went to breakfast early on and got the same sun beds every day. It was fun watching the staff remove them at 9am every morning though.
Entertainment / Kids clubs
I will start off with the stars of our holiday, which was Lilly and Nathan, my 2 kids adored both of them, Lilly looked after the younger ones and Nathan the older ones including adults. These 2 where on the go all the time (apart from Friday day off), there is a time table by reception, for the older ones or for the younger ones it is b the pool bar. You could always here the kids shouting, “hi Nathan” or “hi Lilly” you did feel sorry for them as they didn’t know which kids to acknowledge first / next. Also they were chatty and never moaned once. Big plus for the hotel.. Real stars
In the evening, all the entertainment is inside…. there was a mini disco 5 out 7 nights for the young kids, which Nathan and Lilly done, then certificate were given out for the winners of the games during the day and then after the evening entertainment….or lack off some nights, we had bingo a few nights, done by Nathan, we had flamenco dancers, magicians, parrot show and a man with his piano……which bless him, looked totally lost… the hotel could do a lot better and was a slight let down, expected a bit more…. all the entertainment is done by 10.30 and they expect quietness form 11pm.
Cleanliness
This has to be one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in, the rooms are cleaned 5 out 7 nights, which is usual, the pools are cleaned first thing in the morning, it is fun to watch when the maids all come out and blitz the areas around the pool, 20 mops and buckets going to work… good team work it is done quickly. The maintenance guys are on the go all the time, they was one guy who always had a paint brush in his hand, whether repairing chips on the walls or on the roofs..
Overall
This hotel is not far off from being a 4 star hotel, just a few adjustments and this would be fantastic place to stay… we would definitely consider coming back.
We made some great friends whilst there especially my son Charlie, he had names for most people there and most knew who he was and if Roo or Kian are reading this, please get in contact as he didn’t get your details.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julian P
Ulrike B, Reception at Hotel Floresta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello JULZ15:
Thanks for your very detailled review of your holidays in our hotel. It seems that you were very satisfied with all our services - you mentioned especially the animation team which did some great work. Furthermore you wrote that Floresta has probably been one of the cleanest hotels you have stayed in. Since you had such a great time we hope that you will soon come back to repeat.