We have just returned from our third time to these apartments and once again we were very pleased with our experience. The whole complex is kept very clean, as are the spacious apartments. Yes, they could do with a lick of gloss paint but we certainly think this is a good value for money holiday. The hot water never runs out as in some places, so you don't have to rush back to shower before it all runs out. The food is fairly ordinary and at times could do with being a bit hotter but we find there is always something we like. A lovely salad bar and some tasty soups with gorgeous bread at every meal. We certainly found that we enjoyed our food - where ever you go some people are not happy but you need to pay more if you want elaborate cuisine.
Matagorda itself is very flat - althere is a very small hill up to the complex - and the resort itself is also kept very clean. There are a few shops and restaurants in the area and a short walk along the promenade is the area of Los Piccolas which has more shops and restaurants. Puerto del Carmen is a bit too far to walk in our opinion but can easily be reached by bus or taxi.
Entertainment isn't lively but if you like a quiet holiday it is fine. There is some entertainment for the children.
Definitely would recommend this place- a lovely peaceful area with beautiful sandy beaches - great for families with young children. Also a lovely pool at the apartments (a bit chilly this time of the year!) Not suitable if you want lots of night life. We will be returning again this time next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax vacations in dreamy surroundings. Apartamentos THe Morromar is a modern three-star-complex offering you an incredible experience in the island of the volcanoes, Lanzarote. Apartamentos THe Morromar is located a few kilometers from the capital, Arrecife, and just five minutes walking from the Playa de Matagorda, a familiar beach of golden sand to go for a pleasant stroll. Lanzarote is also the ideal place for the practice of water sports thanks to its optimum climatological conditions. The complex, inspired in its design by the typical architecture of Lanzarote, features a total of 221 spacious and luminous apartments distributed over independent buildings. Furthermore, it disposes of two pools, a restaurant-buffet, a pool-bar, a lobby-bar, several multifunctional sport courts and a gym. Apartamentos THe Morromar offers entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxation activities for all family members to enjoy an incredible experience in unique surroundings. Dear guests, we are working on the optimization of our facilities to make your stay more comfortable. Herewith, we inform you that our secondary pool will be closed due to refurbishment works. The expected closing dates will from 17.04.17 till 30.06.17. We put at the disposal of all our clients the main pool, which includes the children´s pool. We apologize for the inconveniences. Apartamentos THe Morromar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apartamentos THe Morromar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Melia Matagorda
- Sol Morromar Lanzarote
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Matagorda
- Apartamentos THe Morromar Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen